Vega system : Unexpexted encounter

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• Hi,

yesterday I wanted to leave (!) Vega system and after killing those nasty Corsair flies I was already in docking process there was a message for that I had to pay 1 million and in the 2 seconds after why I was wondering about this and still in docking process I was killed.

After that I was thinking about if this guy was just another idiot on the planet or I overlooked something.

I did not transport any forbidden stuff ( actually only 12 rescue pods) and I am not a pirate. Actually this is my 3rd day on the server so I did not chose an RP role yet since I need still good relations to order and criminal side to gear my toon.

Clansystems
    On the offical star map also often mentionings like "in MP system owned by clan XQZ". For Vega there is nothing.

I was also finding this overview for clansystems: index.php?page=Thread&threadID=23843 where there is a clan mentioned for VEGA but this was commented from Forlond that this is outdated and the real overview is here :

index.php?page=Article&articleID=963&languageID=1']index.php?page=Article&articleID=963&languageID=1']index.php?page=Article&articleID=963&languageID=1 .
    There nothing is mentioned for Vega,

After that I stumbled over this entry index.php?page=Thread&threadID=23147 where a clan is claiming Vega system. But this is not mentioned on the official clan system page so it is not yet valid.

Did I miss something about this guy?

Also I find it weird that systems containing a prison can be rented and access to the prison restricted. If you see the rules these 13 armored guy put up is ridiculous. I have nothing against Hiruga space rules, everyone has to go there one time to get this shield and if they sell it little higher, thats ok and fair enough.

But Vega you have to go regularly ( even multiple times a day ) due to the prison there, selling the pods is #1 source of money for people on the order side ( which do not trade so much) being active around X-3043 system. Imagine all systems containing prisons would have been occupied and restricted. Wouldn't work at all.

Also due to the prison and heavy Corsair activity, combined with acces to "highway" X-3043 system and some nice weapons/ships available there, this system is the gold mine of the game. Should be not bookable.

• Well, technically its obvious what happened:

Quote from CF wiki about server Role-play

Freelancer RP
    "Exploration, trading and NPCs fighting only" is all you want. Yes, as a freelancer you can do all of this but be warned, freelancers are not allowed to initiate fights (attack first) with others! Next to this other Crossfire role-play types can interact with you as is described above.

In short: no one can force you to be active in Crossfire role-play, but on the other hand other RP types can still interact with you!! ... it is good to have this in mind when you are flying as a freelancer in Crossfire space.

Server Role-play

... and practically you have been met by one X-pirate (as I call them ... they hangs in X and "tax" ppl flying in nearby systems) which usually only say "Tax" and because they don't get respond (aka payment) in the same second, they better destroy poor trader as to risk that he dock and switch to other character and thinking how good was done pirate RP. (used little irony)

• ur rank is above 40? so u can be taxed by pirates. and this is what happened. and i even know who that was. and no, he is not of the gentle pirates which give u at least achsnce to answer. next time call the police and/or merces. Or be quick with paying or escaping :D

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• I will only add simple guide/advice to denne post. Once you decide trade or hunt near X system, use hook command /frags -p and check frags. Guys sitting in X or Arena with big amount of frags are almost for sure pierats. Is good to keep eye on them and do not stay on common routes when you will see them in system where you are. ... and in CF 2.0: there are added more connections to systems around X, which will made real possibility for escape.

• ... and about prisons in X-related areas :

don't be "afraid of something new",
    no reason to be "neophobic" ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• ... or kill him rightaway :)

Thanks for the explanation.
    Biggest issue here is that you still see these people in green on the Ship overview, and green means "allied/friend" to me and therefore did not expect anything ( especially in Vega where there are plenty of allied NPCs around).

Who decides to go for pirate role play should not be green, except to people who are pirates also ( and even then...). At best red then you know what you can expect. Would be good if thats included in 2.0. Or would that be the case if I was ASF affiliated?

And @nucnuc

Prisons are in short supply and the universe is big. E.g. in whole Altair there is only 1.

Can be that your hold is worth 10 millions and then would be bad to have to go for 5-10 systems just to reach a prison ( aside of dangerous also pretty time consuming ). Idea of clan systems is great, and e.g. Purian Lake or Omega-3 styled places are fine since they are either dead end systems or can be went around having both no deeper importance. Vega as I noted is important ( by now, I am curious if there are solutions in 2.0, also the Fuchu prison was once somewhere else...).

Edited once, last by ramses: . ().

• CF 2.0 will bring change to possibility achieve affiliation to certain factions (related to player chosen server RP). Discussion you can read in this thread. Is good check it all, first post is in posted values/functionality outdated.

Affiliation

• @ ramses

I was talking about the fear of something new in the sense of Neophobos .
    Just "click" and look ;) )

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• For more prisons look here

• How come I overlooked this one in Neophobos. Always used Vega in SP and MP.
    Great thanks! Lets see which criminals I can encounter there still need 20 mio for some devices.

Anyhow, pirates should be red. Then it's fine. Even pirates in the past used their pirate flag, so they should be recognizable as well :)

And I read interestingly the thread already about the relation but got it more like a preset. More experienced people like me are contributing there, I trust in a smart outcome.

• If X is dangerous area for you and some of us due to heavy pirate activity, just go podding in Oasis system... the prison also is very near, just 1 system away, which is Texas...

It is a practise for me btw, if i see any other player around, i will always check their license... there are many pirates nowadays... just a precaution ofc...

This pirate guy u mentioned maybe has asked you for the tax but perhaps you're too busy during that time to notice his msg... and looking that you're trying to dock, he might think you want to escape and ofc he killed you at that instance...

• i read this topic with interest, and deciced to respond myself. as a freelancer fully realize this is a r/p server and except that, but have had these things happen to me over the years and just except it and move on. first approaching pilots with green attacking when not expected or one classic caper especially near x and other close by vega being one is to drop in while a player is heavy under attack from npc,s or in mission too and kill you and nick off without anything. or yep tax and no chance to respond and kill. but i have learned over the years to be alert to who is around and never trust who is in the same system as you too.most important to survival never tell another where you are most times can be fatal

kermit

• About the experiences ramses described in his starting post
    and the - yet to be - ways to encouter them, as given by kermit,
    there was once a discussion about a feature for CF 2.0 to overcome
    such "surprising encounters" by the "FL Hook" : see here #195 to '223.

Would be interesting, if something alike
    might have been tried, tested and/or even approved for CF 2.0 release ??

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• there is a command to check what players of what license are around in the current system. Thats all i could make available.
    OP has improved the license visibility for other players... That should somehow cover it. Other than this - keep your eyes open and get used to the environment (includes knowing other players too).

signature.png

there is a command to check what players of what license are around in the current system.

:thumbsup:

Thats all i could make available.

:thankyou:
    GREAT, that you've done this at all.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !