Freelancer 2.0 vs. Star Citizen (Pay to Play)

There are 65 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by redirishlord.

• I suggest everybody stay calm here.
    This is all a matter of opinion and while the people which are arguementing against StarCitizen dont know how the final product will look like, the same can be said about the people which so desperately defend this project. The release and the months following it will show if this game has a future or if 500.000 ppl have just wasted their money (which actually happens pretty often).

Arguements like "half a million people cant be wrong" are in my eyes (and that is also just an opinion) a bit weak considering the +7 billion people which give a rats ass about the game. (im just saying)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I'm just saying that people which are overprotective of someone or something are themselves in fear that the thing they're protecting will fail/break/whatever. I'm pretty sure he's in fear of the project imploding and Chris ditching it, and him loosing the money he invested in the game. It would be the same thing he did with Freelancer. Just saying.

• sounds religious

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just read through SC insurance policy posted by Crossfire.
    What a load of complicated clap trap.

Why can't you just BUY a new ship with the money you earn't with in-game credits.
    It says that in the insurance faq, but I bet you, you are limited, and then thats when the real money spinner is.
    Sounds like to me you will have to have an online wallet like in PS3/4, register your credit card and a min of $50
    must be deposited before you can play, and then watch the leech's empty your Bank Account.

Look, I am a VERY big fan of Space sims, played loads in my life... Star Citizen looks fantastic Graphically.
    But when something sounds too good, it normally means it wont be, I really hope its a success, I hope Roberts gets rich
    beyond Everest, and I hope the ppl that bought into this wont get ripped off, enjoy the experience, for it may pay the way
    and make you wiser in the future.

I'm Old Skool, when I buy something , I like to have it in my hands, not in cyberspace.
    The first post that started this thread I agree with, totally , just be careful what you sign up for thats all.

FreeLancer/Crossfire may be of an old tired format, limited to what you can expand on and do, but its great to play and fun.
    And besides, the word FREE is in its title. F R E E L A N C E R . Need I say more.

Cygna

• Trinity you say its being tested..... Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. On the topic of Kickstarter type games. Sometimes they are great and sometimes they fail they always float or sink on the ego of the one who creates them. Is Chris Roberts so overinflated he might pop? Maybe, but then again he might just fly, only time will tell.

• My Star Citizen Deluxe Hanger. Two Ships and a golf cart to speed you from end to end. I believe it will hold up to ten ships. I plan to sell off my equipment and hanger as soon as I can. My first ship was a Freelancer (Long Duration). My second ship is the Ghost, which is supposed to be able to sneak up on anyone, then blast then and take their cargo...if you were a pirate. Some of you are correct in saying you can use UEE Money to buy and repair ships, but 20,000 UEE credits cost $20. Sooner or later you'll get stuck and HAVE to spend your own money, which is exactly what they planned from the very beginning. What they say and said is different from what they do. Beware before you buy! At this point, I may take a loss just to get clear from Star Citizen. but I'll wait a while. Who knows, I may win the lottery and gift my stuff to someone.

Files

• :P QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRANDUM :P

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• :bmuhahaha:

Oh, someone else with a "classic education" . ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• So I bought a aururo LN then found out I had to pay 5 bucks to even do into space. then I found out its like flying a Lunar modulae to play!

Great graphics ,great dynamics but you cant fly a ship with out Expensive joystick /flight controls. and TeamSpeak?? ya good luck there too.Its a Government type desighned game using future facial rec programs and voice commands for shooting. Nice if you got 5 to 10 grand computer!!!

That hole Gymbal flying that's way to sensitive systems is gona turn off a lot of folks! They should have waited till they had more work done till they relased it for Beta,Cause its Alpha to a whole new level!!

But hey im not bitter !! You laugh ,you cry ,you kiss $50 Bucks good bye!! lol

:P :tot: The Problem is we don't drink from the SKULLS of our enemies any more!!!! :tot: :P

• yeah, and there are still ppl which dont listen to me

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeah, and there are still ppl which dont listen to me

hey op, not just you but anyone who tells someone something they don,t want to know even though they know the it,s the truth until they get there fingers burn,t and yep want to sook about it it,s called real life :nummer1:
    kermit

• I backed it and own an Aurora LN and Origin 325a but honestly, they are taking things way to far. They promised us Star Citizen and Squadron 42 at 2 million.

They are way over 50 mill now and all they do is add some systems or ships. Makes me doubt Mr. Roberts intentions, it reeks like he just wants to earn a lot of money.

And it's pay to win indeed, I blame myself for not seeing that in the beginning.

• I wonder, if in the end when (hopefully) the game will be released someone might dare to ask for a
    a proper calculation of
    how much what part of the development has costed.

(Just dreaming of the possibility, that Chris Roberts got at least a whee spark of honesty left.)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• and at this point (the end of development) it will have cost +50mio $ to create the game
    ... its just that toilet paper has cost 500.000$ dollar (minimum)

biggest part however will promotional costs

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ... and then there are guys like Josh Parnell, being a "one man show" who make an awesome game (if though only sp) with less than half of the "toilet paper costs"

As you can see here : Limit Theory

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !