What the????????

There are 73 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Deliverance.

• Hidding things from datastorm ...

excellent job OP, and as seems this utility is discontinued, well, hope there is a way to

make it crash, that will hide all :D.

And ... I cant help but to notice the authors

of that proggie ... :rolleyes:

• Hi everyone,

I'm playing in SP. Have found many systems, but I've been fighting in death valley for

quite some time now, and cannot seem to find this gate to the dimentional rift which leads

to the other coalition systems. Am I in the wrong place? Can anyone help out? Thanks in

advance.

• Umm, well Datastorm cant be detected by the server

and works outside of it, so no way of ppl knowing it. About Freelancer Explorer, better b

carefull using that , it's a tool made to create and alter systems, dont go moving planets

around because u might endup getting banned.

I do agree it should not b used(none of

the above) but what u gonna do? Some ppl are just lazy.

• i've found that datastorm shows shit nothing with CF1.5 -.-

and as an off

topic note, Freelancer Explorer is a very GOOD tool to create and edit systems. i've

managed to create Neo-Casius just for the hell of it.

I'm baaaaaaack......time to find a group to fly with.

• freelancer explorer is the worst shit

it

creates many errors... more than i would create when i just use my brain and notepad

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i'd like to learn the real way to mod... it seems to be

cool...

Your fate is always at your heels. That bleeding feeling when you run into the night from it, it will remain. On your endless run from that one thing that you know will catch up.

You will be delivered.

Peace

• [/QUOTE]

Umm, well Datastorm

cant be detected by the server and works outside of it, so no way of ppl knowing it. About

Freelancer Explorer, better b carefull using that , it's a tool made to create and alter

systems, dont go moving planets around because u might endup getting

banned.
    [/QUOTE]

So, a player using Datastorm won't get kicked by the server for

cheating? So the only way we can tell is if a relativley new player makes a direct beeline

to hidden jump holes, etc.

CrossFire Police Department

The goal of a soldier at war is not to die for his country, but to make the other basta** die for his.

-- General George S. Patton

Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die.
    He ain't gonna jump no more.

--excerpt from Blood on the Risers

• Not really ,I found most

of em in SP,made it easier when i started MP

• So, there is no sure way to tell if a player

is using one of these tools, except get chummy with the guy and pray he brags about his MadZ

SKILllz. Can't wait to start [doom]

The goal of a soldier at war is not to die for his country, but to make the other basta** die for his.

• From the server rules:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Cheating

Cheating is defined as

manipulating the game code to gain an unfair advantage over other players. This includes the

use of map bugs and exploits. If you are caught cheating on our servers, or if cheats are

detected on your computer, you will be banned on sight without warning. The Serverpolice

reserves the right to scan your hard drive for installed cheats when you use our servers. If

you do not agree to this then you should not attempt to connect to any of our servers. The

Serverpolice has a zero tolerance policy for cheating and once you are banned you will not

be unbanned.

Modifications

Using modifications on the server causes

severe performance degradation, sometimes causing it to crash. As a result we have a zero

tolerance policy on all modification usage. Please ensure you have no mods running when you

attempt to connect to the server. The only Mod permitted on our servers is Crossfire 1.4.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    (the 1.4 reference is wrong)

Well, althought the use of the

datastorm may give "unfair advantage over other players" it is not cheating (from

serverrules point) as it not involves the manipulation of the code.
    It is in the same

level as cheating the use of bug abuse/exploit and the modding.

Althought, it is

obvious that the "zero tolerance policy" means not much against some blatant and reincident

cases, (I am still considering about what psicology is behind this ...)

So, why do

you worry about the people use of datastorm or not? If they dont like to explore and want to

end its fun quickly, why this annoy you?, Most people ask, between asking and the use of

datastorm there is not much diference.

• meh...the latest version aint SO bad,but it is a bit limiting as

to what you can do as of base archetypes. but it does make planets rather nicely, as it

makes the name stick and allows you to make an infocard right in the program....in other

words, its good for making the skeleton of the system, and mabye the nebulas and

encounters.

I'm baaaaaaack......time to find a group to fly with.

• i could do that with my eyes closed....

Your fate is always at your heels. That bleeding feeling when you run into the night from it, it will remain. On your endless run from that one thing that you know will catch up.

You will be delivered.

Peace

• no :(

You will be delivered.

Peace

• Well, whenever you ask someone, there is

always the chance the person will tell you to get lost, but datastorm gives results every

time, except for some exceptions I heard about. What annoyed me the most about the guy that

was using this online was that he kept on acting like he was more experienced the Newpol or

myself just because he could find anything without so much as having asked someone.

• you had to do that,

didn't you

i think datastorm users are pansys and should be banned

You will be delivered.

Peace