Posts by Excal

Hi all,
    I play SP. I still have not found this

dimentional rift. From reading the previous posts, the bar on Nephele has important info to

find the rift. Well, in SP, everytime I try to go into the bar, I get kicked out to my

desktop.

I already visited the sleepership, have the disk, as well as the other

ones, and together they gave me coords in a system I cannot find. Is this system found

"after" you go through the rift? I have been in Death Valley for weeks now, and found

nothing but an endless supply of nomads on my ass.

I don't have the infamous

Datastorm, and I hope my mentioning the "D" word doesn't kick off another 50 posts debating

its morality. Anyway, can anybody help?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm playing in SP. Have found many systems, but I've been fighting in death valley for

quite some time now, and cannot seem to find this gate to the dimentional rift which leads

to the other coalition systems. Am I in the wrong place? Can anyone help out? Thanks in

advance.

Now I know CF

doesn't start out with new ships. Thats fine, it adds to the adventure to go out and find

them. I also understand that I need to wait for the Open SP patch to play in open SP.

Thats a relief too.

But what about the credits? I missed something. Should I have

the 150k now in SP or when the patch arrives?

I have completely deleted all FL, CF,

and FLMM files and saves, redownloaded CF 1.5, and FLMM 1.31, defragmented the disk, have

lots of room, reinstalled FL, and followed Crossfire's readme installation instructions to

the letter.

Crossfire starts up fine, and I can tell that alot of the features are

there, but I am still starting with 500 credits. If "install the mod correctly, then you

will have the 150k" then what am I doing wrong with the install?

Thanks in advance

for your help.

Thanks guys,
    I tried deleting savegames

and it ran fine. However, I thought this mod was playable in open SP? Wheres my 150 grand?

:( I've found myself with 500 credits and dealing with Juni again.

Also, I've

made it to Benford station mission, but no matter how fast Juni and I get to the Magellan

Jump gate, I fail the mission and it says I did not take the Jump Gate? Hmmm. I am

somewhat new to this, and I try to keep up with the boards and readmes, but can anyone shed

a little light on these issues?

Meanwhile, I think I'll try the complete reinstall

of FL idea.

Thanks in advance...

Hello,
    I hope someone can

help me with my crashing problem. I recently downloaded, installed, and activated the new

Crossfire Mod. I already use FLMM 1.31. When I try to run the mod, the two initial movies

play fine, but after it gets to the Crossfire startup screen, I crash to the desktop. I

don't know why it is doing that. Initially, I intend to play the mod in SP mode. I

appreciate any help, information, or points in the right direction.

My rig

is:
    AMD 3500+//1 Gig RAM//Win XPw/SP2//nVidia 6800GT//all drivers/DIrectX current

Thanks,
    Excal