Can´t start Freelancer Crossfire

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello,

I tried to get the CF 1.9 Mod working now for several times. And I´m not able to get it working. Search Function didn´t helped me (at least I didn´t find anything which helped).

My System:
    Notebook
    Win7 64 Bit
    Intel i5
    Geforce 330M GT
    8 Gb Ram

Here´s the description how I tried it:

- Install a complete new Freelancer Vanilla (no old savegames stored)

- install FMM 1.31 to the Freelancer Game directory

- give full rights to all users for this folder

- stopped AntiVir

- tried to remove write protection (cmd.exe and attrib -r /s), not sure if that worked properly

- installed CF 1.9 into the FMM mod directory

- activated Crossfire with FMM

Now I tried to start the Mod:

- using the "normal" Freelancer.exe: normal Freelancer starts (with already small fonts)

- using the Crossfire.exe from the crossfire folder: launcher starts and updating, after Launcherupdate was done I restarted the Launcher, it immediatly crashed (Programm funktioniert nicht mehr, English: programm does not work any longer)

- if I try to start Singleplayer Launcher is closing and nothing more happens (no process was started)

- sometimes I get the note that some kind of .dll file is missing (missing .dll changes)

Everything was done wtih compatibility mode WinXP SP3 and Admin rights.

I tried some different ways before but the results were the same, I think the last way I tried was the best one (see description).

I tried the steps also on an Win7 32 Bit (VM System), results are the same.

I really hope someone can help me, I really would like to play your Mod. I arrived the end of my Knowledge now and I have no Idea what I could try now.

Answers may be given in German or English.

Greetings

Horst

• Hello Horst, it looks like problem with new launcher. Try look here: index.php?page=Article&articleID=968&languageID=1

• Hi Horst,

"install FMM 1.31 to the Freelancer Game directory" is not default location and should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager" (Win64).
    After activating CF, you should do the attrib thing again, to be sure nothing is write protected (your command is correct).

And some "programs" can lock files in CF installation. Close them before starting CF.

Hth

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• hi all, is the server having another fit, the bug s on the battleship are really causing havoc in x3043 which is going to be fixed but it,s getting worse. and seems to be crashing or lagging bad 21.30 server time. i now put my time and ping each time i log on to the game

kermit

• which bugs?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• op i have noticed lately when in x3043 near the planet i can be fighting or doing missions and all go,s well but moment a b/s turn up firing the sound go,s funny like garble and then things start lagging or crash. once i thrust away out to further space everthing ok again till i return near planet if it,s just fighter n/p but if as i said a b/s comes in same thing . if i leave the system to another all ok.
    but now i have logged on 5 times 21.00 server time and it keeps lagging when i start fighting in custodian gr forlon was just on too maybe he can verify anything . i was just asking if there was something up
    kermit

• will check it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!