Crossfire 2.0 Roleplay explained

There are 103 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• what is if that happens today?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• what do you expect... a solution for every possible eventuality?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If i am going to be losing or gaining credits, I do not expect a solution to all eventualities but do expect to understand the proposals and their effects in what are very common situations. Surely these are simple senarios and there should be at least an explanation or clarification for them. I would not expect a new role play format to take effect without these things being thought through. Often two or more mercenaries are chasing the same bounthy in the same system at the same time. The same applies to police and pirates demanding taxes or iines from each other. Having a proposal for a one on one senario is just wishful thinking. I do not expect an answer to these questions now, but they will have to be addressed at some stage. Even with the one on one situation, there have to answers to the points I have made in order to even start to make this all work. It maybe that I have completely missunderstood what is trying to be achieved, in which case just ignore me, I was only trying to be objective in a desire to ensure that if these proposal are introduce they actually work and do not cause unecessary problems and arguments.

• This can be easily solved with "only one request to player/one time" In such "ganking" cases who is faster can get "reward" :)

• if a bounty is collected it cant be collected a 2nd time
    thats logical

and there are more pirates cops... so yes you can be taxed and fine multiple times
    ... just like this could be done TODAY

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OK so it will be on a first come first served basis, no problem with that and of course I understand that a bounty can only be collect once. However, I do not understand how you can avoid paying fines/taxes no matter what you do. If you kill the player who was making the request, they will merely reinstate their request until their demands are satisfied, which to me is totally ridiculous, especially in view of the large sums involved. If you kill the player, then that should be the end of it for at least 2 hours. I may have misunderstood, but if you escape by legitimate means, you will still lose the credits. So how can you avoid paying taxes/fines, once a request has been made? If the answer is that you can’t, then I find this totally illogical. Surely, if you are skilled enough to kill your opponent or clever enough to outwit him, then that should be the end of the matter. Freighters will have little or no chance of stopping their hard earned credits being removed; giving them no incentive to continue as there will not be any point. A big hole in the role play situation with no traders, it is hard enough at the moment, I think that this will kill it stone dead. I appreciate what is trying to be achieved here, but I do not think this has been thought through enough, it appears to me to be a licence to print money, especially for pirates. The amount of taxes and fines to me is far to excessive because no matter how skilled you are or how clever you are, you will lose mega credits and I see little incentive to play.

• no, i really dont understand that
    the mod is large
    and so are the possibilities to escape and prevent getting caught

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well at the moment i have the best overview of how the tax/fine is working and i find it ridiculous enough that the players moan about something they simply not yet have available, nor did we fully explained how its working. At the moment i am not even willed to explain that - as its still WORK IN PROGRESS.

How do you actually issue a tax or fine to a player? How do you avoid now that a player is taxed/fined until the orderer is satisfied? How are traders right now supposed to escape a police or pirate? If you dont want to play because you fear you will loose money, well why are you currently playing - because right now you could even loose more money. If you fear you loose some of your bank credits - yeah fear it. Its imbalanced right now and we are correcting this little fuss in the future.

If you fear I did very wrong with what i did implement, then i cant change it. You are entitled to voice your sorrows. But please stop speculating about things you simply cannot know. And as i wrote already i wont go into much detail in the current state.

signature.png

• Hey, hold the phone. I ask a few simple questions base on the info here, just to try and understand the new role play. Based on the answers recieved, I made further comment. No, I am not afraid of losing credits, I have given away billions since I have been here. I am concerned about what appears to be a situation where you have no choice but to lose credits. A situation where, like it on not, if you were ask for payment you had no way of avoiding it and that payment could be massive. I realise that it is ‘Work in Progress’ but I was making comments on what I had read and understood the situation to be. Noone has said I have got it all wrong. At least I cannot be accused of not speaking up when I had the chance and yes nobody is forcing me play here.

• Why should you have no option to escape? You can escape right now and you can escape in future. You are not forced to engage in a fight. You can try to run or dock, whereas docking must not mean you are safe. Only if you dock and switch the char or switch in general you pay the price. That is made to avoid people ignoring the RP.

signature.png

• OK I have got it all wrong, they way I read it made me believe that there was no escape no matter what you did. That is why I asked the questions. Your latest reply is the assurance I was looking for, thank you for this.

• my biggest concern is that think too much about stuff that you dont know and dont understand therefore

fact is... everything you worry about is not different from the current situation
    every of your worst case scenarios is not based on the new RP schematics we introduce... no... all that stuff could happen already today on the server.... but infact it doesnt

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sry for possibly "necrothreadding", but due to some thoughts about this thread I remered, that I forgot to ask about

Sounds like a win/win situation for the pirate actually... if there wouldnt be a small detail. Using the "/tax" command issues a distress call to all police forces in the system.

Does "police forces" mean npc police as well as police-RP players ??

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• it means players

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• TY for the quick answer

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• this was an interesting cognition today: the tax/fine stays valid for 2 hours. escaping into another system does not cancel the tax/fine. means when u get taxed/fined u have following options to get rid of it:

1. accepting the tax/fine (and u pay)
    2. get killed by the pirate/police (and u pay)
    3. switch/log off (and u pay)
    4. crash to desctop (and u pay)
    5. killing the taxing/fining pirate/police (u don't pay) (but tax/fine is not cancelled) (and proceeding with next point)
    6. escaping and staying online with ur current char for more than 2 hours (u don't pay and tax/fine is cancelled)
    7. the pirate/police leaves/switches before u have to go to bed/work/any other RL-stuff (u don't pay and tax/fine is cancelled)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited 2 times, last by denne ().