Crossfire 2.0 Roleplay explained

There are 103 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I see small difference between first post and what was told later about "leaving system .. i.e. jump from New Berlin to Sigma-13" as example)

This if I understand mean that if target move (and imo it is very good, bcs is nothing more boring as try find a player which hide in system) then he will cancel "fine,tax" command and hunt can continue :)

• Huor,

Let me grab some pieces here:

If a player leaves the system the tax or fine will be paid.

Once fined though he cannot leave the system or just switch the char.

I think maybe you are saying that a player leaves the server (you used the word "system"), or switches to another character here? Because otherwise, the meaning is contrary to:

If a smuggler can escape then he can escape. That makes no sense to punish him to be lucky.

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Well i said we have options available to play with. For sure - and to avoid that players avoid rp - the fine/tax is paid once he switches the char or leaves the game.
    These both are in the same way configurable as we also can activate that players pay their tax / fine when they leave the system. I see that most are not in favor of this option. But i didnt told we are doing it, just that we can if we want ;D

And to avoid pirates sitting in front of gates and tax/fine the players who currently jump this is also covered. Tax and fine will just be paid after several seconds if he jumps out and we have this feature enabled (emphasis on enabled).
    So dont be so worried, i think you stress your nerves too much yet. We have to see where and how all this works out once we reach the beta phase and please the testers to test it in full range and not just by our meanwhile little tests we did.

signature.png

• can you let the chicken lay its egg before you judge whether it is round or oval?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• some questions to this pirate-tax-stuff: when i see a pirate on my radar (in this case he can see me too on his radar), i must expect, that he writes now the "/tax player amount" command. this needs some seconds (depending on players name :D ).
    1. when i fly away and disappear from his scanner range (in this time he is still writing), will this tax-command then be valid?
    2. and what about when i use my cloaking device in this moment i see him on radar and disappear from his radar (but still in scanner range)?
    3. will it be allowed to kill pirates pro forma then, before they can write the tax-command?

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• thx for the answers :)

another question ?(

u write, the command is either "/tax" or "/tax player amount".

in case the pirate uses just "/tax": does that mean, that all players in scanner range are taxed? even if there is a group of 5 players?

just imagine: there is a mass-pvp like TDM with 10 players or more and one "funny" pirate writes "/tax" :D

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• Could imagine, that pirate has then about 10 or more "funny" players at his six :tomate:

But as I understood Huor :
    you have to TARGET a/every single char, before the "/tax" command works at all.

The "funny pirate" you mentioned would need to VERY fast in typing, before he get shot down.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc: . ().

• no NucNuc, Huor wrote there are 2 commands: "/tax" or "/tax player amount". the 2nd command is very specific and there will be no doubt. but the "/tax" command "is faster and will be used commonly". i see absolutely no problems, if only one target is in scanner range, since only this can be meant. but what about a group of targets? will the "/tax"-command include them all? or maybe only the nearest? or maybe there will be an error-msg like "error, too many targets! give specific target name!"?

• Huor, i don't want to anger u. i just ask.

no, u didn't write "that groups of players can be taxed at the same time". this is just MY interpretation of the "/tax"-command. and this interpretation is logical ;) imo :D

• ... is it?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @ denne

This is what Huor said and I referred to

Either you select a player to tax or fine (most easy way) or you just have to use a command like /tax$ <PlayerID> <Amount>. If you dont submit an amount then it will be automatically calculated based on the rank and the money stored on the players account.

I think, that means, the just "/tax" command works only with another char SELECTED from contact/scanner list
    and not taxes each and every char in scannerrange.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• so in all times i must target some one then /tax
    what if i am in the same system and some one use /tax id and not targeting me ? then i switch char ?
    WHAT IF HE HIDES and go afk, i must stay afk in the same system, if i log off (rl stuff) he get the money right ?

and auto tax base on money player have ? why not i just have 2 ids 1 with a lot of money and i never play it and the other with none but i play on it a lot ?

will we see tax more then 50 mil ? this is insane !

space

the final frontier

so in all times i must target some one then /tax

you not need to do this if you do not want.

what if i am in the same system and some one use /tax id and not targeting me ? then i switch char ?

you means he get you on radar (or visual), mark you for tax but not engage? if you are marked for tax and you sw chars IN THE SAME system, tax will be paid to this guy who marked you. (like if you go tax guy and he use "F1" right in front of your ship ... he will be taxed right in that moment.

WHAT IF HE HIDES and go afk, i must stay afk in the same system, if i log off (rl stuff) he get the money right ?

you need leave system (i.e. leave for example Texas) where was tax used. Then you can log off and nothing will happen for your moneys.

and auto tax base on money player have ? why not i just have 2 ids 1 with a lot of money and i never play it and the other with none but i play on it a lot ?

... well ...

will we see tax more then 50 mil ? this is insane !

I also hope this will not happen. What was said is, that new RP system will have WIDE possibilities how to update it.

• What happens when there are several pirates and or police in the system all demanding payment? Do you have to pay/kill /escape from them all?

It is an option to kill the player demanding the fine/tax; having killed the pirate/police offecer, when can the player ask for payment again? At present if you kill the player, they just keep demanding payment.