Conduct to Consider

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• This is a general comment to all concerned who are in the game. I find it rather disturbing that many are hiding their money within the banking system in order to hide their level and avoid being "taxed" , "fined" etc by Pirates and Police. Some have their level in the low 40's and I know that "you" have several hundred million credits and a few have a couple of billion. This prevents those of us who want to play the game as intended, from enjoying why we are here.

This is not some topic where we need to post endless and pointless tickets, this is a matter of pilots having honor and making the game enjoyable. So here is what I am going to do, as Police if you are smuggling or pirating, with the proper license, you will be subject to Police rp. Quite frankly, Pirates should do the same and tax people. However I or those of us online can't dictate how "you" conduct yourself in game while trading, but I can't tell you this, by hiding your level through the banking system, "you" are acting dishonorably and are abusing a nice feature, ( banking system).

Have a nice day.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I was playing from scratch today , and was accused of hiding money in bank, all u have done is incite idiots to attack any low ranking player.

not the result you wanted methinks.

Ray OK

ps
    the miscreant was a forum member hiding behind an anonymus char, which he then deleted. where is the honour????

just sayin

• incidentally,,,,if the people you are referring to hide their credits in the banking system, they cannot hide their rank once they have a decent ship and weapons and equipment.

with that in mind I, for one, do not see the problem!!!!!!

cheers

Ray OK

in fact, I advised a newbie to do just that, so that he could go about his business unmolested.
    doesn't work now though

• Not really fair. All my characters are over level 60, this is important, especially if you are a member of the clan. I have money in the bank, but still enough of a character. A high level indicates that they are engaged in a game for me as a smuggler is more important than tax by pirates or police look (high level cops will think that you have a black market smuggling is profitable), but this is a role-playing and do things stay interesting. Bounty also hinders of my business. Yesterday one pirate put bounty on my head(i was 87 level) and one mercenary chased me and eventually killed me, i was with train i could not escape, and what...just go on with the business.

Break the chains of life! Fly freely!

• did i already mention that i originally was against bank accounts?... yes i think i did

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @OP: :) ;) (bank is great feature, it offers much more positive values as those few negative with wich can be dealt with...)

@all: when you know someone hide his wealth purposely (and it can be more ways as only use bank), then fine/tax him fully as he fully deserve. If a player hide moneys, he in my eyes do avoiding RP and have absolutelly no rights complain about high fine/tax or if he lose all his smuggled cargo. I'm sure I told this before and it is still valid.

note: ... here on portal exist ticket-system which player can use also for such issues. Player hidding moneys can think that GRs can't touch his moneys in bank, but ofc such thoughts are wrong ... he can not only lose moneys, in cases when he will not listen to warnings to stop with such behaviour, he can easily have his account banned.

... if you do not report such issues ( for concrete chars, player), then you can't be surprised it is still going on.

Huor: will be not better consider for char lvl whole ID/account (included ID bank)? Its only suggestion ofc.

• I have got an idea for solution, if it is possible to execute. Leveled banking system & equipment purchase for ex.
    At L 40 - 50 bank should be limited to 50m
    L 50 - 60 100m
    L 60 - 70 500m
    L 70 - 80 1b
    So if you got more money in a bank (this means you got a better char.) you will not be able to put money on your bank if your level is lower.
    It is possible to go around this, but makes harder to hide money.
    The equipment option im not sure how to execute or even if its possible but that would make the money hiding perfectly meaningless.
    In my opinion the bank is a great thing when my freighter was stolen (bugged) by a bloody Xenos i would have been stucked there forever
    if there were no money on my bank.

• @all

I still think that everyone is missing the point.

when a player buys expensive ship, expensive and better weapons, expensive and better equipment, then gradually his rank rises and he cannot hide.
    I view the bank as a place to save hard earned credits for the next expensive buy.

come on people what is the problem........................really!!!

just sayin

Ray OK

• the problem is: If you do so your level sinks down. A player who wants to interact with you looks probably on your rank. He cannot see how much you have on your account and how much that influences your player rank.
    Hence he will try to tax/fine you with a much lower money than you should normally receive.

No one has anything against saving money to buy equipment. Thats not the point.

signature.png

• ... and some banks went bankrupt

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i have +3500 M and all chars lv +70 or 65 or 60 dunno lol...average my killing fee is 150 k

ps
    love banking system...

• Ray: any player with a level 10 ship and maxed out weapons, with 100 million on his char is level 56...... 60 at best. Doesn't matter what they have in the bank. To prove my point, I took one of my chars, deposited all but 100 million in the bank... level 57.

Instructing new players to hide their level to avoid rp isn't cool, this informs them that this sort of conduct is ok, when it is not. I am always busting the pirates chops for sitting in the Arena 24.7, then a few of them told me what many players were doing, hiding money to avoid being taxed at their proper level or to avoid rp altogether. Unfortunately, one of the Pirates left for this very reason and not only was he a long standing member of CF, but also a personal friend to many of the old vets on this server.

Martin: The ticket system is not the answer, you can't force people to be honorable about their game play. But what we can do is get out there and rp all of the pilots in the game and do it properly. If they F1 ( which is a huge issue at the moment) then yes, put in a ticket with the screenshot.

Op: You mentioned your objection to the banking system many times and some of us agreed with you. Turns out we were right.

Again, this was not meant for argument, this was just a note to point out that pilots are abusing a nice add on and when this happens, nice features tend to go away.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Hmm....big reason I finally gave up (banking system) . I knew from the beginning it was gonna cause issues....but I also saw that OP and others were trying to make a game with features that some players wanted. It's always a hard thing to make a thing that gives features...and then not have those features abused.

Good luck pilots,

PS....I think my bank never came close level to my actual play chars in funds.....even when I was trying to save credits for recruiting. TBH...what the hell is the point of being a hidden billionaire?

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• I was chastized into posting a few coments about players concealing their characters true worth.

So far I have heard that some CrossFire Pirates do not actively seek out their prey. WHY ?

The true pirates knew the trade routes and watched them, looking for and assessing potential victims.

Yes one of my characters is a freighter. Yes I have been stopped to pay taxes, many times by the same pirate.

The banking system by default may be creating a problem in the game with some players, it actually reflects the real world.

Do you know how much money your neighbor has in the bank? Do you know anyone willing to carry a sign around with them every day telling the world how much money they have ?

Possibly a maximum limit on the bank account would temporarily help the problem.

Possibly a forced minimum amount of credits maintained on character before you can launch or dock.

Lower level ships with a Smugglers License to be treated same as high level ships, they obviously have access to a bank.

What ever it is the Admins. implement, some players will always complain.

I do forsee a change in the rules for Pirates and Prey.

I do not normally post any messages so hopefuly this will be in the correct place.

• I keep ma mone on my chars. Screw the banks, f*ck the system! :D

On a serious note, shoot them - problem solved.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf