Posts by Skitter

It might seem very strange or il-logical to some players but I have had a character on the Crossfire mod since version 1.4 . Yes I have been here a long time and have seen the shift from mostly American players to what is now a global mixture. It seems that many of the players are like my grandchildren, they want everything NOW and just have no patience. There have been countless times I would log on and be here by myself. Just to have a game where you can unwind from a days work is worth more to me than some might think. So I will continue here for an untold amount of time and be happy to explore the new version when it is released. :)

As an after thought, maybe the banking system should be terminated. Have the player level stop at 100. When you get to 100 the bank account means nothing because the minimum amount of money you have is a known factor.

I was chastized into posting a few coments about players concealing their characters true worth.

So far I have heard that some CrossFire Pirates do not actively seek out their prey. WHY ?

The true pirates knew the trade routes and watched them, looking for and assessing potential victims.

Yes one of my characters is a freighter. Yes I have been stopped to pay taxes, many times by the same pirate.

The banking system by default may be creating a problem in the game with some players, it actually reflects the real world.

Do you know how much money your neighbor has in the bank? Do you know anyone willing to carry a sign around with them every day telling the world how much money they have ?

Possibly a maximum limit on the bank account would temporarily help the problem.

Possibly a forced minimum amount of credits maintained on character before you can launch or dock.

Lower level ships with a Smugglers License to be treated same as high level ships, they obviously have access to a bank.

What ever it is the Admins. implement, some players will always complain.

I do forsee a change in the rules for Pirates and Prey.

I do not normally post any messages so hopefuly this will be in the correct place.