Development on hold

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Since yesterday I have to ask myself what I am actually doing here.
    Am I the idiot which always has to take the blame when somebody does not like something?
    Did I somewhen sign a contract which tells that i am the slave of this community who has to fulfill all wishes to the members and am not allowed to make decisions about my own work, time and money?

I think it is best you search for somebody else who runs this place and works on the mod because I don't want anymore.
    There are people which aparently think to know how everything should work and what is possible so maybe its best to ask them to continue with all this here.
    My motivation clearly has come to an end and I am not willing to continue.

My decision stands.
    Find someone to replace me or let all this go down the drain... that decision I leave to you.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ugh... OP komm schon.. You know we were just suggesting... We actually didn't have anything against Crossfire, and you know it. Like I said before you don't even need to read our replies, it's just peoples wishes there, you don't even need to reply. You could simply take a look and think "Hmm this is a good Idea I can take it" or "Nah this one is out"... We like your work. :imsohappy: und du weist es! and please don't stop this! I think other developers of other mods getting that much Replies too, maybe this is even showing how awesome your Mod is! So many people reply! I think that's what other mods want, that other mod developers stop their work and than their works will be more famous. You better show them that they re wrong! And OP never gives up!

damn if the Chat symbol would work again! I m sure I would've just chatted with you about that, and if there were a no than it would be a NO... but Chat box dissappeared... So I m posting on forum, and I m a lil impatient person :S

Edited once, last by Snake2d: Add ().

• Im not sure where I gave the impression that I want to discuss about it, its a decision.
    Next to that is your suggestion to ignore stuff pure nonsense as that would be the next blames I would have to face (we had such shit already).
    Im done with this crap.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Oh god .... this is not good ......

OP ... please dont make decision like this
    This is very - very not good you know ...

Please give me 1 Logic reason why you make this thread :(

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• OP, that was just few people's insisting... too much.
    Not the whole community, not even a quarter of the players that are online now (about 20).

So. Why would few ruin it for everyone ?

That is one of your own rules... written at the CF site... and are as old as the problems on the server.

Remember them :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This is not good, after so many years of development, and especially when being so close to a final version of the mod...

I'm sure you have your reasons for not being motivated, but as snake2d said, all the user input in here are (or must be taken as) suggestions.

Every game/mod has complainers, because it's impossible to please everyone. But that happens in every forum. The best thing is to just ignore them.

Maybe you really need to make a stop on this mod for a time, and renew energy. But don't quit, just hold on for some time if you need to, before you return for finishing Crossfire.

Anyway, remember that first of all, this is YOUR mod, so your vision should prevail.

• rofl...rofl.

I can understand OP of this "crap"!!!

Long time ago players want f**** MEDALS => OP do that eg. create medal for ingame awards. But now no one not want to discuss how to give them to players!!!! Check link:

In Game AWARDS

Long time ago players want => ASF vs CSF counter work again. Now counter works but i dont see glorius ASF vs CSF batlle!

Lont time ago players wants uber BSs. OP do that...f**** 4 torpedo tube cca 200k dmg ...F*** 900k armor....F**** uber cool turets and zoom in turet mode. F**** 550 speed. But that was not enough, now there are demands to destroy all VHF gameplay!!!

quted:
    "
    The server is provided for people to play and enjoy the Mod. This
    is a privilege and not a right
    and this privilege will be revoked
    if the rules are not followed, you disrupt the functionality of the
    server or you detract from the enjoyment of the majority of the
    players. We reserve the right to remove players from the server
    without prior warnings, although where applicable a warning will be
    given. We reserve the right to take whatever action is deemed fit
    to ensure players are observing the rules. These rules are subject
    to additions and/or amendments at any time and without prior
    notice. The decisions of the Admins are final on all matters. We
    reserve the right to deviate from the below listed rules at any
    time to resolve an existing or potential problem. Your acceptance
    of these rules is indicated by your use of the server. If you do
    not agree to this then you should not attempt to connect."

Find someone to replace me or let all this go down the drain... that decision I leave to you.

No. Resignation can not be accepted. No.

This is your home OP !!!

• Also, the motivation that keeps us all on here, is sci-fi !

In a more realistic way than star wars or such, in a realistic universe... so we can group up on here, and have fun together. The modern CoD or CS type of games of kill or get killed, and rage, damaged it.

For example, this:

Too long for some to view, but interesting.

Well, Husker got the ideas from this last year :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I think many of us seeking Freelancer 2... After the news of Freelancer 2 cancelled, many of us just give up hope in Future of Freelancer (Some even in Space Games). Seeing Crossfire gave us again Hope to actually make a Continuum of Freelancer! That's what you've done, and its a great work! Don't put us in a situation we experienced before, please keep this up.

husker we did not intent to destroy VHF Gameplay, you re getting it wrong. I think the only thing we demanded REALY was the Differnt Turret types, so not all use Kusari Turret... The other one about armor and stuff was just a hope that MAYBE OP will take serious and put it in CF 2.0, this was just something like perfecting a Circle or a Quader, a small broken edge that we wanted to correct. That's all, we didn't say "That mod is the worset Mod ever because he didn't make the Capital Ships stronger" I think if he'd have just released CF 2.0 and the Capital Ships were they same, we would've shut our mouths... We only Suggesting. That's why the community is here, to give idea's (Maybe some even insist on Idea), what the Developer does is simple: "Hmmm this sounds good I m gonna take it" or "Nah this is bad, let's check the other Idea's" and move on.

Edited once, last by Snake2d: add ().

• Woah! People! I come back after a long time(i keep going on and off cause studies are sucking up most of my energy) and THIS is not what I was expecting. I don't really know what happened while I was away so I can't say much. All I can say is OP is the life(according to me) of this community. If he gives up, the collapse of the community isn't far. As others said, people will moan and complain. Its human nature. This shouldn't demotivate you, OP. Take a break but please don't give up.

meh.

• Well there is no one who could replace you OP. And the rest is not an option ;)

We clearly cannot make everything going to happen and its somehow ridiculous to have the same discussion again and again (e. g. BSes) - where a decision has already been met.
    I have made a deal with myself to ignore that stuff. We have our TODO list and that is what we are working for. If we have finished it and have enough time left (or the community gives us that time) then we can look through the suggestions and take over those that can be realize and those that we intent to be a nice addon to the game itself.

I would request everyone who has suggestions to post them in the designated thread. And you should know its a suggestion thread. Not a DEMAND thread. Its also not very common to stress the thread with suggestions that have been considered already (in case of BSes in numerous threads).

So and now everyone goes to the toilet before we continue our journey!

signature.png

• Well there is no one who could replace you OP. And the rest is not an option ;)

We clearly cannot make everything going to happen and its somehow ridiculous to have the same discussion again and again (e. g. BSes) - where a decision has already been met.
    I have made a deal with myself to ignore that stuff. We have our TODO list and that is what we are working for. If we have finished it and have enough time left (or the community gives us that time) then we can look through the suggestions and take over those that can be realize and those that we intent to be a nice addon to the game itself.

Exactly! my intention from beginning. Hopefully you guys wont stop, and make this Crossfire 2.0 done! It's how it says "The Last Stand" !

• I've seen this thread now !

The people who continue to ask you things you don't want to do, or you can't do, send them to hell !!!!!!
    Ignore them !
    They are only few guys !
    You can also remove them from the forum if them seriously bother you ! The server, the forum is yours !

I see no reason why you should stop !
    And continues to do what you want, which is also what the other players ( thousands ) want !!!!!

• CF gets boosted because a group of trolls? NO WAI. I can even say that that guard was just a troll.
    And now I blame myself, because all of that BS mess and wishlists was begun partially from me. If I knew that it's going to go THAT way, I'd never joined the forums.
    Actually, I am not trying to blame you, OP for a stupid reason like "he just don't even trying". Do not worry, and don't give up. The people are getting worse, so try not to be pulled down with them.
    I stop to post my suggestions to that thread.

Moreover, your siggie says "Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there". Sometimes a good advice is too near :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay: smt more ().

• I heard that, Ajay. If you want to ask me something - do it privately as many already do.

Anyway, I will not make the things worse and will keep silence. Becouse a few my words have already turned the power of creation in to blow of devastation. I can say that I' just a military man, but...that was a suggestion thread as someone already told. And suggestion doesn't means demand. When why so much pain?.. So much people gone mad - why?..

Only one truth remains. I was in a clan of the man whos last words were in that thread, and these words were "farewell". Despite of 2 years of hard work on the book base on the mod (searching, translation, etc), he had threw everything away and didn't change the mind even when cooled down and now he refusing even explain what exactly happened. Only a few words "It was the decision of the player, but not the clan leader. I'm still supporting anyone there, but can't return anymore". Don't blame him becouse it was my desicion to try find out the truth and return him.
    And now I'm completely halpless in the face of that kind of decisions cause others to suffer. These decisions make you to regret the actions yourselves.

Who can stop him? Who can stop you from that now?

Don't do it.

• Just relax and take a break, OP. Don't want to see the biggest FL mod dead. guard: I can guess you're sorry for that.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".