Strange bug with enemy ship disappearing

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Hello everyone :)

Yesterday i joinded the portal and logged into FL multiplayer server. I found a strange bug twice.
    I've taken missions to eliminate hostiles, but one of enemy ships just got disappeared during fight. I don't know, maybe it ran out, but the result was i couldn't fihish missions and had to abort its. All i got was the mission waypoint and empty space around, with nobody... What's that?

Many thanks.

• Try not to ram your enemies, if you ram them at full speed you can sometimes catapult them right out of the mission zone.

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)

• When is NPC heavily damaged, he can run away but my experience is, he return to fight shortly (but is true not in all cases). But this behaviour I observed mainly in normal NPCs hunts in Dervon or Inner Core sectors.

Dunno, maybe during missions this can work differently. To temporary fix this I suggest use CD (Mosquito best) and do not allow damaged NPC left. For technical help, advices we need wait for OP or Huor. In all cases I think this problem is first time reported.

Whiskyrunners_Inc.: thx! ... forget that this can happen.

• Try not to ram your enemies, if you ram them at full speed you can sometimes catapult them right out of the mission zone.

Thank you, i'll try.

To temporary fix this I suggest use CD

Do you mean just to put FL CD into PC before playing?

Anyway, sirs, thanks a lot for your advices. I'll monitor the problem and if it would raise again, i'll report. Also i think i can make a FRAPS or just a screenshot to confirm the problem, if it would be needed.

• ROFL ... this offered me nice laugh, thx Caballero :)

CD = Cruise disruptor (damaged NPC can't cruise away)

... if he (NPC) start cruise, he can left mission zone and dissappear. ... only guess

• ROFL ... this offered me nice laugh, thx Caballero

Ahahah damn )) I understand now :D You know, i hadn't played FL so many years, so i forgot everything including local slang 8|
    Anyway, i prefer to use torpedos instead of CD. "Starkiller" is only way to kill NPC quickly - i found that in Crossfore mod all missions are much more hard to complete than in standart FL :) NPC became dangerous!

• Anyway, i prefer to use torpedos instead of CD. "Starkiller" is only way to kill NPC quickly - i found that in Crossfore mod all missions are much more hard to complete than in standart FL :) NPC became dangerous!

Uuhh ! to kill these fighter NPC with torpedo ... only in kinda "Stuka"-fashion :neo:

And "dangerous" ? To put it mildly, if you're "trained only" on vanilla (standard) FL, then there are NPC out there, that will RIP YOU APART in no time :tot:
    ...beside some real human pilots on pvp :D

ENJOY

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• You're completely right :) I lost all my skills in FL because i played it too many years ago...
    I mean "dangerous NPC" in cause their shields regenerates very fast, and also they use batteries and nanobots, like players. It makes fighhting against NOC much more interesting, but hard )

• As Whiskyrunners said, if you bump into an enemy ship occasionally they will be slingshot far away, sometimes if you wait around 2-3 minutes they come back but sometimes they dont, thats what it would be :) happened to me tons before i realised :D

• I experienced this after the last update. I believe OP said something like there were probloms with npc behaviour in that they were not doing what they were designed to do and that the update was to fix this. It could be that it is npcs using the cloaking device.

• nope, did not mean something like that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As Whiskyrunners said, if you bump into an enemy ship occasionally they will be slingshot far away, sometimes if you wait around 2-3 minutes they come back but sometimes they dont, thats what it would be :) happened to me tons before i realised :D

I never seen NPCs getting slingshotted away, but I seen me/the player getting slingshotted away cus of the aliens in Inner Core :D Never heard it either, it must be a 1.9 thing O.o

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I have had it happen multiple times ( most common on my character with battleship) when enemies fly into me sometimes they come to a halt for 1-2 seconds then spin instantly disappear leaving only the jet stream to where they have been shot off too :P