Freelancer Crossfire Cloak device problem!

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Greetings. I have a problem with the Cloak device.

I have buyed all peaces for the cloak device and the Cloak device didnt want to combined into one.
    does i have not enouth money? or is it an other problem? ?(

i have tryed alot of things but nothing helped yet :(

• all 3 parts have to be in the cargo (NOT mounted), then you need 120mil and a re-dock, then the Cloaking Device will (normally) form-up.

Caution! The Cloaking Device is bound to your ship, if you buy another one, you will lose it and have to buy another 3 parts in order to gain another Cloaking Device.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Also, cloak does not work in single player game.

• Also, cloak does not work in single player game.

oh yea, i forgot. in singleplayer it's "only available" by cracking something in the console, but dunno how to do it and i would not advise you to do so, as i dont know the consequences. the Cloaking device gets generated by the server-side fl-hook, so it's basically no item which can be "purchased" itself.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• and small warning ... cloak device when is assembled is unmovable part of ship -> if you re-buy another ship , you will lose this cloak device.

• I recently also discovered a drawback with the cloaking device: it helps add to the "item limit" in your FL player account, making it easier to corrupt that account. Prior to the availability of the cloak, the limit on the number of unmounted guns/equipment was fairly straightforward, you could just count the items and give yourself a margin of safety, when building a store, for instance. The cloak affects that limit in a different way, so the absolute item storage limit is lower for a cloaked ship. While OP has said that the storage limit is determined more by the overall storage load in the whole account, it has only ever caused corruption on my store characters.

Fortunately, this can be remedied by removing the most "overloaded" character from the account, saving the other characters in the account. Sadly, it can also cause server crashes and considerable frustration for players who have never experienced this phenomenon, not to mention the loss of the character, its cash & cargo. The more cloaked ships a player has in their account, the less they should store as unmounted goods, to avoid this issue... 8|

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• technically not possible

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nevermind. I can live without it.
    Thank you anyway for your fast respond!
    I'm looking forward for CF 2.0. Hopefully you might be able to release it soon.
    Maybe we will get answers to some questions that were left open like
    - Why are the Dom' Kavash that "afraid" about the probably long extinct Ancients?
    That can be assumed because of the opposite relationship between them. They should be more afraid about the Invaders of our galaxy normally...
    - Also it might be interesting to get an answer about why the Dom' Kavash are getteing mad about when the humans just try to protect themselves against the Nomads.
    This should be clear to them normally and they should send them to fight against the invading races. Why does that not happen actually? (and cause much less Nomad activity in the former Nomad controlled systems?)
    - Will the Dom' Kavash trust us enough sometime to allow us access to their planets and their technology?

Also it would be nice to get missions in SP (or Open SP) in the Sol system, the Altair sector and the Inner Core sector.
    And consider adding some additional rumors and quests there if you haven't done it already.

I assume also that it might be technically not possible to change the relationship between the Nomads and the humans. Am I right with this?

• DK vs Ancients - this may give answer why: Crossfire short stories XIV: Ancient Days feature - Mod DB

Nomads vs all except DKs - Nomads were genetically born to protect DKs at all costs, its not logical that DK wanted give some way how this could be reverted -> they use the same "program" which was set on theirs born.
    - index.php?page=Article&articleID=959&languageID=1#Nomads
    - index.php?page=Article&articleID=959&languageID=1#Dom'Kavash

• Again, thank you for the fast response!

DK vs Ancients:
    Nice story!
    The only drawback is that it doesn't really describe why destroying Ancient vessels is the only way to get a good relationship with the Dom'Kavash. Normally referring to the threats they face actually they should be much more pleased if someone kills vessels of the races that are trying to invade the milky way galaxy.
    So the only acceptable answer could be that the Ancients aren't that dead and that they are way more advanced as it is assumed at the moment and that the Dom'Kavash know that but haven't told it for a good reason so far. (Hint: possible story line for a Quest or additional SP missions)
    At least the Ancients have been the only other race that was even able to access the Hyperspace on their own. The invading races are at war with the Dom'Kavash because they still aren't able to do this by themselves as I understand it so far.
    Maybe the Ancients decided to hide themselves after at least apparently abandoning the Dervon system (it was only a scientific colony of their empire, and it is very interesting that their technology seems still to work very well there) to prepare themselves for the Dom'Kavash. Maybe the Ancients figured out that the Dom'Kavash conquered the whole galaxy and didn't want to become a part of the Dom'Kavash empire for a good reason. And a race that was and still is able to hide itself from the Nomads and the Dom'Kavash might be a very interesting and possibly dangerous one...
    Alternatively this behavior could be changed within CF 2.0 of course...

Nomads:
    The point here is that the Dom'Kavash need help from Humanity (Alliance AND Coalition) to survive the war with the invading races. But as long as the current generation of Nomads keep fighting the Humanity, Humanity needs to protect themselves from the Nomads and the Dom'Kavash have to be aware of that. In fact they have already apologized themselves for not being able to change the Nomads that fast.
    Also if Humanity is still forced to use big parts of their ressources to protect themselves from the Nomads they can't use them to fight the invading races.
    From that point of view a continuing direct relationship between the Dom'Kavash and the Nomads in relation to Humanity and their needs makes no real sense anymore.
    And In order to avoid too many ressource hungry conflicts between Humanity and Nomads it would make much sense for the Dom'Kavash to command the nomads to leave the systems nearby Humanity space.
    They could use the nomads to fight the invading races in some specific conquered systems instead or to patrol some other sectors of our galaxy. Everything else would be counterproductive for the Dom'Kavash.
    Unless, of course, they need the Nomads exactly where they are because the Nomads should watch out for someting they have lost contact with - an ancient race that was able to get access to the Hyperspace and that managed to get rid of the Nomads and the Dom'Kavash and therefore possibly could become even a bigger threat than the invading races...

Ancients:
    If they still exist: Are they aware of the war between the Dom'Kavash and the invading races? Will they decide to get involved sometime and on which side will they fight?
    What if they waited a long, long time in their hideout just to see if there might be sometime the possibility for a peaceful coexistence with the Dom'Kavash empire? What if they're watching now to see how the Dom'Kavash will act with Humanity to see if the time has arrived to leave their hideout without the neccessarity to fight against the Dom'Kavash and their servants for survival?

Well, just some thoughts spreading around in my mind... ;)

• Oh, one last thing about biological reprogramming:
    Actually there are researches to use virusses that add/change additional parts within the DNS of a cell in real life.
    Just remember the movie "The Bourne Supremacy".
    So I won't really believe a highly advanced race that managed to biologically program an entire gene code and now is telling me that it is not able to change that code at any time.
    That makes no real sense. No one is perfect while programming.

• o come on. this is a GAME! why u don't wonder about the size of vessels vs. size of planets or stations? or is it logical that planets stay on same position? and about reality: is it logical that a snake can resist the poison it has? and why the dinosaurs could grow so huge despite the gravity on Earth? and what was first: the egg or the chicken? 8).

what a luck that some secrets always remain :D

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• oh great... storyline explanations. :s_omnomnomnom:

The relation between DK and can be described as: "there is none".
    Ancients never knew about the DKs and the DK also never knew that the Ancients ever existed.
    The Ancient race (in lack of a better name due to the very limited information about this race and its language) were eradicated by the Nomads which simply followed the Nomad directive (see short story).
    -> detailed information about the different species can be found in the Neural Net: Galactic Overview (species)
    I can tell at this point that you wont see the Ancients in the new CF2.0 missions. This race simply does not exist anymore.
    The above mentioned Galactic Overview also indicates why some of the Ancient technology is active and obviously doing its job. It also suggests that the Ancient race was destroyed because they developed some form of hypergate technology (so it is similar to what happened in Sol).
    The difference between ancients and humans is that humans survived because they found ways to escape their extinction.
    Ancients never had this chance.
    Their hyperspace technology was... experimental. Their first and only test created a hyperspace portal inside a planet in a system that is today known as Utopia. As result this planet was completely destroyed and the Nomads took notice of the Ancients. The rest of the story is a bit shooting, screaming... and a longer period of silence in Dervon.

So why do DK change their reputation when killing ancients?
    Well, before we had a storyline campaign (just about the time when i introduced the Ancients in CF1.8) the CF storyline was based on quests and the best possible way to change DKs to be "more player friendly" during this quest line was to use the ancients.
    DKs had to be hostile before this point due to the story... and they had to be friendly after this point due to the story. The perfect method to achieve this was to let the player change the reputation of the DKs by killing a few ancients (which the player would need to do at this point anyway).
    With other words... it was technically necessary at this point to do it.
    Now that there is a true storyline with missions it actually would be possible to change the reputations in a different way BUT we kept this method to allow players in MP to access the DK systems without spending ages for killing the other races in Inner Core (which btw. also would change the reputation... but a bit slower).

You really like the idea of the Ancients, dont you?
    As already said... there are none left.

As for the assumption that the DK need the help of Alliance AND Coalition... i will go only so far to say that based on the CF1.9 storyline (i am clearly not making any comments on CF2.0) the Coalition showed practically no intention to stop fighting and the cease fire with the "Alliance" is just what it is... a cease fire... not peace.
    The Alliance is practically not the "Alliance" since even if Kusari, Liberty, Rheinland and Bretonia the Alliance would only be to 4/5 complete. About this i also wont say more.

You are certainly correct that the conflicts with the Nomads would cost resources. However there are a few things that should be considered.
    - the Nomads were defeated at the Dyson sphere and in their hub system X-3043 which both massively weakened the Nomad precense in Sirius.
    - Until the DKs arrived in Altair the Coalition was able to hold back the Nomads with their Dark Reign network.
    It is not that Sirius or Coalition space would be overrun by nomads.
    It also is not so that Nomads directly attack any human colonies. In fact Nomads are still only defending Systems that were by default Nomad systems already OR areas of space that require to be guarded and observed. And again I can not say more than that without spoiling anything.

Also at this point its clearly worth to mention that the current point of the storyline the DKs have absolutely no reason to act at all.
    They know exactly one human being.
    They never have spoken with representatives of the governments... there is no cease fire... no peace treaty... nothing.
    To call the Nomads back from the DK structures that they guard would be at this point of time absolutely stupid.
    Mankind still could say "fuck you" and that would be the end of all peaceful relations between these species.
    Trent did not even return to the Human systems... nobody knows about the DK and their changing position towards mankind.

Ancients:
    If they still exist: Are they aware of the war between the Dom'Kavash and the invading races? Will they decide to get involved sometime and on which side will they fight?
    What if they waited a long, long time in their hideout just to see if there might be sometime the possibility for a peaceful coexistence with the Dom'Kavash empire? What if they're watching now to see how the Dom'Kavash will act with Humanity to see if the time has arrived to leave their hideout without the neccessarity to fight against the Dom'Kavash and their servants for survival?

Yeah... ancients again.
    Here are the answers:
    - no
    - no
    - on no side
    - unlikely
    - that would surprise me

He is dead, Jim

Oh, one last thing about biological reprogramming:
    Actually there are researches to use virusses that add/change additional parts within the DNS of a cell in real life.
    Just remember the movie "The Bourne Supremacy".
    So I won't really believe a highly advanced race that managed to biologically program an entire gene code and now is telling me that it is not able to change that code at any time.
    That makes no real sense. No one is perfect while programming.

Im not sure if its good to use one fictional story to render another fictional story less likely.
    However i like to imagine how the nomads go to their local doctor to get their injection. And while they are getting reprogrammed these little worms must stay in bed.

I consider such reprogramming a little bit more tricky.
    DNA is nothing but a blueprint.
    It tells a body at which point a specific function is to be activated such as the growth of synapses. So the DNA tells the body how to build something... including the neural conections of a nerve system. Once build it is much harder to change it. To change the DNA does not mean that the neural structure does change aswell.

Its like building a skyscraper.
    Before it is build it is relative simply to change the blueprint for the first floor.
    But changing the blueprint after the first floor has already been build makes the situation a bit more complicated.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Some really interesting informations! Thx :thumbup::D

• Hi,

thank you all for your detailed explanations.
    That clears lots of things up a bit.

I liked the idea of the Dom'Kavash being near extinction and still frightening something more than the invading races...
    Trent's Log shows that he is wondering why it is that peaceful and that this feels really strange...

Oh, and because of some Wiki and Lexicon entries I believed that Trent already made his way back to inform Humanity about the new situation.
    Good to know that the SP champaign requires you not to leave the Inner Core / Canis sectors in CF2.0 after the last chapter of CF 1.9.

About that biological reprogramming
    Actually researches are giong in that way to use constructed /developed virusses to fix genetically issues and heal diseases like cancer as far as I know.

But your explanation about the Nomads actually not attacking Human space and why explains the actual story situation very well.

About the reputation changing when killing invading race vessels: Does that work with cf 1.9, too or will we have to wait for CF 2.0 for this?

Edited once, last by walkerjonny: just forgot something ().

• no i think extinction should be frightening enough

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,