Posts by walkerjonny

Well, for me some words like "still fixing some server issues", "putting some clan base stuff together to get it working with each other" or "fixing some launcher issues" are more than enough.
    We don't need to know the details.
    Words like those just show us that the mod developement is still going on and that soothes us. And that is the point.
    And you don't need to do that every day. Once every two to four weeks is all I kindly suggest.
    But its up to you if you want to do it or not.
    Thank you anyways for still developing this great mod!

Only a little suggestion about this from my side:
    It would be nice if someone of you guys might post a small progress update every few weeks, at least once at month, if possible.
    I would appreciate that personally a lot.

Hi,

thank you all for your detailed explanations.
    That clears lots of things up a bit.

I liked the idea of the Dom'Kavash being near extinction and still frightening something more than the invading races...
    Trent's Log shows that he is wondering why it is that peaceful and that this feels really strange...

Oh, and because of some Wiki and Lexicon entries I believed that Trent already made his way back to inform Humanity about the new situation.
    Good to know that the SP champaign requires you not to leave the Inner Core / Canis sectors in CF2.0 after the last chapter of CF 1.9.

About that biological reprogramming
    Actually researches are giong in that way to use constructed /developed virusses to fix genetically issues and heal diseases like cancer as far as I know.

But your explanation about the Nomads actually not attacking Human space and why explains the actual story situation very well.

About the reputation changing when killing invading race vessels: Does that work with cf 1.9, too or will we have to wait for CF 2.0 for this?

Oh, one last thing about biological reprogramming:
    Actually there are researches to use virusses that add/change additional parts within the DNS of a cell in real life.
    Just remember the movie "The Bourne Supremacy".
    So I won't really believe a highly advanced race that managed to biologically program an entire gene code and now is telling me that it is not able to change that code at any time.
    That makes no real sense. No one is perfect while programming.

Again, thank you for the fast response!

DK vs Ancients:
    Nice story!
    The only drawback is that it doesn't really describe why destroying Ancient vessels is the only way to get a good relationship with the Dom'Kavash. Normally referring to the threats they face actually they should be much more pleased if someone kills vessels of the races that are trying to invade the milky way galaxy.
    So the only acceptable answer could be that the Ancients aren't that dead and that they are way more advanced as it is assumed at the moment and that the Dom'Kavash know that but haven't told it for a good reason so far. (Hint: possible story line for a Quest or additional SP missions)
    At least the Ancients have been the only other race that was even able to access the Hyperspace on their own. The invading races are at war with the Dom'Kavash because they still aren't able to do this by themselves as I understand it so far.
    Maybe the Ancients decided to hide themselves after at least apparently abandoning the Dervon system (it was only a scientific colony of their empire, and it is very interesting that their technology seems still to work very well there) to prepare themselves for the Dom'Kavash. Maybe the Ancients figured out that the Dom'Kavash conquered the whole galaxy and didn't want to become a part of the Dom'Kavash empire for a good reason. And a race that was and still is able to hide itself from the Nomads and the Dom'Kavash might be a very interesting and possibly dangerous one...
    Alternatively this behavior could be changed within CF 2.0 of course...

Nomads:
    The point here is that the Dom'Kavash need help from Humanity (Alliance AND Coalition) to survive the war with the invading races. But as long as the current generation of Nomads keep fighting the Humanity, Humanity needs to protect themselves from the Nomads and the Dom'Kavash have to be aware of that. In fact they have already apologized themselves for not being able to change the Nomads that fast.
    Also if Humanity is still forced to use big parts of their ressources to protect themselves from the Nomads they can't use them to fight the invading races.
    From that point of view a continuing direct relationship between the Dom'Kavash and the Nomads in relation to Humanity and their needs makes no real sense anymore.
    And In order to avoid too many ressource hungry conflicts between Humanity and Nomads it would make much sense for the Dom'Kavash to command the nomads to leave the systems nearby Humanity space.
    They could use the nomads to fight the invading races in some specific conquered systems instead or to patrol some other sectors of our galaxy. Everything else would be counterproductive for the Dom'Kavash.
    Unless, of course, they need the Nomads exactly where they are because the Nomads should watch out for someting they have lost contact with - an ancient race that was able to get access to the Hyperspace and that managed to get rid of the Nomads and the Dom'Kavash and therefore possibly could become even a bigger threat than the invading races...

Ancients:
    If they still exist: Are they aware of the war between the Dom'Kavash and the invading races? Will they decide to get involved sometime and on which side will they fight?
    What if they waited a long, long time in their hideout just to see if there might be sometime the possibility for a peaceful coexistence with the Dom'Kavash empire? What if they're watching now to see how the Dom'Kavash will act with Humanity to see if the time has arrived to leave their hideout without the neccessarity to fight against the Dom'Kavash and their servants for survival?

Well, just some thoughts spreading around in my mind... ;)

Nevermind. I can live without it.
    Thank you anyway for your fast respond!
    I'm looking forward for CF 2.0. Hopefully you might be able to release it soon.
    Maybe we will get answers to some questions that were left open like
    - Why are the Dom' Kavash that "afraid" about the probably long extinct Ancients?
    That can be assumed because of the opposite relationship between them. They should be more afraid about the Invaders of our galaxy normally...
    - Also it might be interesting to get an answer about why the Dom' Kavash are getteing mad about when the humans just try to protect themselves against the Nomads.
    This should be clear to them normally and they should send them to fight against the invading races. Why does that not happen actually? (and cause much less Nomad activity in the former Nomad controlled systems?)
    - Will the Dom' Kavash trust us enough sometime to allow us access to their planets and their technology?

Also it would be nice to get missions in SP (or Open SP) in the Sol system, the Altair sector and the Inner Core sector.
    And consider adding some additional rumors and quests there if you haven't done it already.

I assume also that it might be technically not possible to change the relationship between the Nomads and the humans. Am I right with this?

That issue applies to any system with more than 9 or 10 Jumpgates/-holes (X3043, Hilroga). You have to take care that you are not called for a storyline mission (that happens when you reach the next level) before entering such a system or get called while you are in it.
    Otherwise the game crashes to desk without any error message.
    I've tested that out by myself about one or two years ago while playing around with some other mods.
    Maybe a warning in the readme files of the mod about that issue would be nice. ;)
    Especially the Hilroga system is a very nice idea and shouldn't be changed because of that issue.

Just for your interest if it hasn't already been discussed (I'm new here):
    When you are called for a Storyline mission and you try to enter/leave a system with more than 9 or 10 (not sure what maximum exactly but definitly not more than 10) Jumpgates/Jumpholes FL crashes. That seems to be by design or something like that. Just keep it in mind if it hasn't already been considered.

I have exactly the same problem. The next other anomaly is within the surrounding mine field. There is no chance to survive while trying to reach that one.
    Also if you try to use the bottom anomaly at the Sakamoto Station/Outpost you jump into that mine field and get destroyed. X(