My feedback

There are 54 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Id like to use this thread to address a few problems with really bother me these days.

Lets start with the server.
    It bothers me that certain people on the server believe that they can do whatever they want.
    The amount of unnecessary conflicts increased to a level that is not normal anymore.
    Normally i wouldnt care about a few fights here any there but meanwhile I receive reports about unfair attacks and rule violations several times a day.
    That somewhat pisses me off as it is wasting my time. I have to investigate on everything and try to resolve the situation.
    Well that costs me almost every free time that I have per day.
    Needless to say that under such circumstances you can not expect much work being done on the portal or the mod.

So which conflicts am I talking about? (I am just summing up the past weeks)
    - BLK_OPs vs all cop clans
    - Certain tries of players to invade other clans
    - Massive abuse of the merc RP which has lead to some kind of harassment against Cop clans (at least I would call it that way if one clan puts 168 bounties on the cops on this server in just 2 weeks; private bounties not even included)
    - PX vs. DSC (which does not seem to be over yet as i have heard)
    - PX vs. BG (as still oorp attacks get initiated)
    - and of course the conflict between Abras and Michael (here on the forum)

Such incidents are not only about the involved players/clans... they have direct influence on the server and in the end on this community. So it does not surprise that the server ranking of CF decreased during the past weeks.
    If you want to damage this server and the community then you are on the right way.

It is also inacceptable when clans cause damage to other RP types by constantly targeting players with opposite licenses.
    Roleplay lives only when being balanced... everyone who is trying to break this balance will cause the RP to collapse.
    Once that happens you have damaged your own clan, all other clans, the server and this community.
    That of course only if you would care.

And this brings me to the next topic.
    I have the feeling that certain people only care for themselves or their clan.
    The word "community" does not seem to play a big role for these people anymore (unless of course when they want something).
    I case of clans I can only say "the only reason why your clan exists is because of this community". Yes of course you have recruited them... and trained them.
    But without my work in first place on the portal, the server and the mod your clans would not even exist nor would you ever had the chance to get any of your members.
    And it is THIS community which ensures that you get new members in future.
    Ive been told that there are clans that tell their members to stay away from SWAT. I have to ask myself what the reasons behind such statements are and if such clans are actually still interested in this place or if they are just using it for their personal benefit.
    We dont need clans here which only take, take, take and give nothing back.
    If one of the clans decides against this community and the members of that clan believe that they are much more important than the other ones here at SWAT then I will make a decision against that clan.
    Seriously, why should I watch this situation any longer?`
    "24/7 SWAT Crossfire" is a community server and and CF is a community mod so why in gods name should i keep supporting people which do not want to be part of a community?
    It does not take long to replace a clan that does not care about this community with a new clan which might be more interested in supporting the community in the same way the community supports the clan.

However... such a decision has not been done yet and I make it dependent on what the CF server clans decide. It is their choice if they give a fuck or if they finally start to care.
    My decision will fall within the next 4 weeks.

Next topic on my list would be "inactivity".
    A few things that I dont need:
    - inactive moderators
    there are people which applied for that job and have done since that -> nothing

- inactive dev team members
    eventhough we have not nearly enough people to finish the mod in time (and considering the above mentioned conflicts we have lost at least one month already) I will risk it to throw out these people which applied for this job without ever doing something for it. I dont need people which do nothing.

- inactive GRs
    every server clan can make their own decision which member should represent the clan at the GRs.
    Some GRs do a good job... others do no job at all.
    In that case I dont care about the clans decision. Such GRs will get removed by me and if the clan can not find someone more competent for that job, the clan will have to live without GR representative.

Freelancer is meanwhile 9 years old.
    The SWAT Portal will celebrate its 10th birthday this year.
    Yet the members of this community were not able/willing to prepare this community for the future.
    The future is not called Freelancer.
    The future has to be one or a set of different games.
    In the past the SWAT Portal hosted clans of 4 different games.
    But for several years nobody here really wants to put time or energy into expanding the Portal into other games.
    Everything that would be needed to do that is already provided by us.
    The Portal has everything neccessary to expand and host new sections and new clans in these sections.

Still nobody wants to do that step.
    A circumstance that I dont understand, especially since I know for sure that people play exactly the games that SWAT could support.
    So instead of creating a new game section here at SWAT and playing together with already existing SWAT members (your friends) you always decide against it. You play somewhere else... or do your own stuff far away from SWAT.
    Once Freelancer has losts its player base (a matter of time) I will close this site... a community with +14000 registered members just because nobody was willing to prepare this community for the future.
    All work that has been done till then plays no role anymore, all resources... wasted.
    I wish you much fun at other games while SWATs future is getting wasted.
    You can imagine how hard it is to get myself motivated doing any work here knowing that.

Not only the things that you do can cause damage... the things that you dont do can cause even more.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• About the SWAT's future, counting there were few tries from a small group of members to expand the information and interests to other games already on the supported games list, it ended with no more cooperation or feedback from other members than the initial group who started this movement. This problem comes as well from the previously mentioned issue of CF Players not visiting SWAT for not knowing that everything CF related is here, or for being ordered not to visit the portal by their clan, or for thinking that there's too much "shit" arround to even bother finding out the useful information or to even visit it at all.

These issues concerning SWAT's future are in the hands of every member of the community, and even the ones who play on SWAT's CF server without even being registered on the SWAT's forum.

If there are more people arround here willing to spend some time with others by text on here, there are more chances for those tries to expand the Portal's reach over other sci-fi games to succeed.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• That is because half DSC got inactive/dissapeared (or so it looked), and it only looks like that on your side (that it's only RP), as I got reported that PX got orders to not duel neither friendly in arena neither in RP with any DSC. This can be more or less incorrect(as one PX and a DSC confirmed it, not the entire clan), but the videos accusing, judged and decided that all DSC are cheating are still on the front desk of PX forum flaming and damaging the DSC clan, despite OP already having investigated those accusations, and taking the time to make an entire thread saying that no one can judge other players except those in charge to do so and himself.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• Been here idk...around 3-4 months, played the game, had fun, been merc first now i'm "donut eater" i'm friend with mercs,pirates,cops i did my best to do something if not for this server, for myself to distribute some useful info about my noob pvp skills, i probably have barely around 4-5 threads and NOT made for spamm, i had the chance to speak with someone who told me it's not rly coming here cus it's to much crap going around...
    About GR activity:D Michael we all know he's only in his GR ship:D )))
    About OoRp stuff and invasions, in my first day in CFPD i had the chance to defend tarsus against PX who claimed to come there with OP rights saying noone payed the server rent for Tarsus, and that i am oorp cus i'm deffending my system, ofc i never came here to cry about it and create more spamm...
    It's about each one's mentality, everyone's doing what their minds can, from asking for opinions(which is good) to spamming and picking fights or just simple trying to smartass over others.
    No offence now anyone:P

Peace bros:) Best regards:D

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• if i am giving orders then i do in public so everybody knows
    however... i am able to deal with such business myself if neccessary

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well when there was the active DSC the KoS was active too so :P
    Atm I don't have any planning for another KoS on PXs. as they avoid me, so KoS or not I can't kill any, so conflicts are useless

Michael yes, I had always friendly pvps with a PX, and I'll continue that ^^ no names

• I'm not sure what games would be part of SWAT. TBH, I haven't bought or downloaded a new game in quite some time. It does seem a good idea that maybe existing clans get into some other games and bring those members to the SWAT Portal even if those members never migrate to CF.

I'm confused about one thing

"A circumstance that I dont understand, especially since I know for sure that people play exactly the games that SWAT could support.
    So instead of creating a new game section here at SWAT and playing together with already existing SWAT members (your friends) you always decide against it. You play somewhere else... or do your own stuff far away from SWAT"

Does that mean more games "hosted" on the SWAT Portal?

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• i would love to help in some way swat .. but my reading and writing skills are fair to useless do to being disclixic ..
    i can t help building a mod .. iwouldnt know where to start ... im a pc nummpty
    the only thing i can do is role play and tell all new players to come to the portal and get invovled ,, which im all ready doing

if u can think off a job i could do ill try ...
    but im a very slow learner ...

i hope people get up and help ...

hell have no fury like a piad merc !

characters ... Robbers Dog . RobbersDog 13thArmored x2 redneck widow maker robbers dog tr 13tharmored truck

clan forum 13th ARMORED

• yes, it could mean to bring new games to SWAT
    there are mp games which fit into the portal and are actually being played by our members
    point is... they play them somewhere else instead

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Which games are being played?

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• to name just a few:
    EVE Online
    The old Republic
    Black Prophecy

and there are for sure more

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• all those games

I'd suggest a certain upcoming MMO but not sure if two certain people want to be associated with SWAT (considering they got banned a long time ago)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• huh?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'm in a clan or better say in the process of building up a clan with two former SWAT members for probably one of the most hyped games atm (an MMO); got a dozens if not two dozens members already etc.

Also not sure whether that game even fits here, just sayin' what is up ya kno'

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• ok... thats exactly the point spiky
    we proved long time ago that it can work... and you were part of the 2 helbreath clans during that time

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yesm just tell OP what section to add, and bring those dozens from your clan into here ^^

• i cant and wont force any1 to something

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,