Finished 1.9 SP mode :)

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Hi all,

As the subject states, I have finished the SP mode of crossfire...

Though the graphics are beautiful and in the whole a fabulous achievement for all concerned. BUT surely the last thing can't be "get a job"?!
    A statement as you finish "a new hypergate is found in coalition space..." "to be continued!"...eh?

I missed something here, surely. The whole point of going through hell and back again, killing off those fecking ancients and then Venn!!! Then the inner core hostiles!!!! to end up with a lame finish? I was suprised that there wasnt more, as a reward for all that hard work etc, much like what the coalition was when discovered, e.g. New ships, weps and equipment all sorts of trading and exploration opportunities. Yet nothing was found to purchase (in the inner core) other than bots/bats, some trading but not alot, nothing in comparison. Sorry If I offend but I was suprised and disapointed to be frank...

i was wondering why the DomKavash didnt attack, why is it that they left
    sirus? What was it that they were scared of? and what is it with the
    ancients and that ship with the uber sheild in devon?

So many unanwered questions...

I have played both top mods for Freelancer, Crossfire 1.9 and Discovery 4.85.

Crossfire disapointed for these reasons:

• Pain in the arse to install, too many hoops to jump through
    • Only one server!
    • With the difficulies for the non european players to play crossfire multi player, lagg >250+ ping
    • Battleships are lame and under strength, poorly armed (None to very little variation in weapon diversity for cap ships) and unsheilded and too cheap
    • Not enough types of capital ships to purchase including battleships, gunships, cruisers, destroyers an even bombers

I would give crossfire 1.9 a 6 /10 where I would give discovery 4.85 a 8/10.

It is my opinion that Discovery is a superior mod. Though if the discovery mod had Sol and the rich diversity of Coalition/Dom kavash space, it would be the best mod ever.

Thanks to those that gave mne the opportunity to play and test this Mod.

Chron1c

• Pain in the arse to install, too many hoops to jump through

Almost perfect install ... 5 gb mods files cuht cugh

Battleships are lame and under strength, poorly armed (None to very
    little variation in weapon diversity for cap ships) and unsheilded and
    too cheap

Look a little better, explore ... 900 k armor lol too weak ... fully eq BS cca 400 mils lol ...

Not enough types of capital ships to purchase including battleships, gunships, cruisers, destroyers an even bombers

simply not true

edit:
    fully eq BS cca 520 mils lol ...

Edited once, last by Husker ().

• hmmm k
    then i am glad that the majority of players think different and ranked Crossfire high above Discovery

Crossfire is Crossfire and not an outdated Discovery with close to no features and we are proud of that.
    Furthermore Crossfire is a mod with developing story line.
    Every version comes with one Chapter of storyline and the CF1.9 storyline ends in inner core while the next version would add the next part to the story. It always was this way and it will remain this way.

People that are confused with the CF story should start to read the CF story chapters (coming with the mod), the Crossfire short stories, the thousands of rumours and background stories, the official CF timeline, the xeno-biological research and play the ingame quests.

And yes, we dont have the OVERPOWERED battleships, we dont have a flood of server (where most are empty) and yes we are focused on what a good space shooter is about -> fighters. (oh and the mod installs like a charm eventhough its 10 times bigger and more complex than anything else out there)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok, so you gave 5 reasons, I will answer them each:

1. What "hoops" ? We give the FLMM 1.31 (if you don't have) , the CF, and you just download, unpack and activate CF on a clean FL install. The hardest part is to choose betweenthe many options/features the mod gives while activating it, as there are a dozen of buttons there.
    If your PC and the FL install are clean and correct, the install go flawlessly, just slower as your PC has to build 5 GB of data when simply activating the mod.

2 and 3(as they are on the same topic): When we'll hit 125 players online on this server, we will find the need of another server, while there aren't many freelancers out there, why to split them over several servers ? It indeed is a problem for the continents out of Europe, but neither Discovery has a server for the Asian,American continents or Australian server, etc, each of them have a high ping on any other server. Would them prefer being with 5 players from their own continent, or with 50 players arround the world.
    For the American continent, a good(normal) connection gives you 100-150 ping. Even if it's 250 ping for being somewhere far, that's just 0.25 seconds delay ! Think that the players of your same zone will have the same delay, so they won't go faster than you. Other players also have their ping, even if it's just 80, that means they only have 0.17 seconds delay.

4. I don't think you checked all the Advanced Battleship weapons, there are Sirius ones, Altair ones, and the difference between them can be over 200 % (double). It is reasonable to think, that in Real Life, such huge battle-ships would convert to dust a squad of fighters in no time. But inside the game, it's hard to get a fight where 30-50 players have to go against a Battleship to beat it, everyone would use that BS. For now, a skilled pilot in a BS can kill 2-5 other skilled pilots in a VHFighter.

5. That is correct comparing the ammount of capital ships with fighters ammount(just because the ammount of fighters increased much more than the capital ones, but there are many enough new capital ships as well), but remember that this is mainly a space shooter game, and with those big ships you only use your guns, more like a Defense Tower game :D

And about the extended campaign, it's just the First version(it's still up to fixes), you know anything that comes later will be better. Anyway, which other mod can compare their real campaign model with the Crossfire's one ?
    The last line in the chapter, the new hypergate beign built by Coalition... you never went to find where such thing could apear ? You can find it if you search well enough ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I blame Discovery for having less fighters than CF and no storyline at all. ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• First at all i want to thank you for this review and i have to agree with few things there, but (there is always But ;))

Fresh install of Freelancer, FLMM, Crossfire 1,9 , FLID with some coffee, tea or maybe beer, all in all 20-25 min, and additional 10 min for on line update, in game set up(options-controls-...) and installing of 5 IDs.
    Half an hour!

Battle ships are cool in 1,9 maybe i would like to see at least 3 to 5 with similar characteristics and different shape and colors but it's ok,

As about story...the story is too complex, so u really need some efforts and time to fill into the heart of it.

I will please you to throw review about Discovery, because i am more than eager to read about it, so i-we would be able to make some value comparison that way.

ty in advance 8).