New beautiful fighters but not top ones

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rexor_1.

• I think in the latest version (1.9) there are new beautiful fighters, I really like the shape of Seahorse, Rapier, Vigilant. But is my opinion that the Seahorse is good in agility but a little too big. The Rapier is really too big and not agile. The Vigilant is a huge, slow, without top weapons, completely useless fighter.
    Why someone loss time and energy drawing wonder fighters that are useless ? Does someone agree this with me ?

• What do you expect?
    Fighters are as much useful as the pilot flying it.
    There is no "top" or "best" fighter-ship available, since it requires the pilots being skilled/trained to maneuver the vessel through combats in once piece.
    As bigger and heavier the fighter gets as "slower" and less agile it becomes.

You can not seriously expect a tank being as agile as a smart-car.

Find your own way of fighting and you will have no problems with using the "less" agile ships.

In example. SMG_Picard is almost unbeatable in his APC (which is a freighter and not even a fighter) He easily out-maneuvers VHF's attacking him and kills the opponent in his APC.
    Those are not the reason of the agility of the APC (which has almost none) but the skills of the pilot flying it.

• you dont even need to try to tell me something about ships which are "too big"
    all ships in CF were rescaled to fit exactly the class specific sizes of vanilla FL

a ship that is too big or too small does not exist
    the only thing that might cause this impression is the camera setting

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• But those news are not heavier or with a big cargo hold. Look at the Rapier spec.: Armor 9500 - Cargo 140 - Batteries/Nanobots 65/65 . This are the same spec. of the Predator or the Horizon, for example, but the Predator and the Horizon are very much smaller (= hard to hit). It 's a lot more difficult fight with the news, without a reason.
    Seahorse spec.: Armor 10200 - cargo 130 - Batteries/Nanobots 61/61 .
    Vigilant spec. : Armor 6200 - cargo 20 - Batteries/Nanobots 38/38 - Weapon class 6-8 .
    The spec of the Vigilant are ridiculous.

• i said they are exactly the same size that vanilla ships of the same class have

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I prefer the CF 1.4 ships now, like Shroud ^^ Hails at OP for it's existence.

But, I agree with Rexor at the point of the VHF ships (not bombers) have no class 10 weapon slots and not compensated by agility. Even if you had many skills, you'd prefer a ship with at least 2-3 class 10 guns, as all the worthy ones are lvl 10 now. Salamanca would be the top one you can mount :D

@Abras: Then why I never seen Picard PvPing with the APC ? I mean, without being in middle of a trade route.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• @Abras: Then why I never seen Picard PvPing with the APC ? I mean, without being in middle of a trade route.

maybe because you are barely online?
    And why should he fly around in an APC when he is not trading.
    All I said was as example. and Picard knows how to defend himself even he is trading in an APC and getting attacked by VHF's :)

• I still wonder why should ships to be used only for PvP ?!?!? hmmm. I use atm more new ships and will use few others. Even some less agile should be used for missions and this might result also with better learning how to handle ship controls ... and they are beautiful. Ask yourself question how long you fight and how long you fly with ship ... sometimes might be really good idea have some ships simply for fun :)

• Shroud and Thanatos ... yes two of the absolute best. I have often used the Shroud, very good. I don't like the shape of the Thanatos. What I find effective too is the Horizon ; agile, low, narrow, hard to hit.
    The ones I like best (the shape) are the Seahorse and the Rapier. Makes me angry to find them less effective.
    I found a way to compare their measurements ; the difference is smaller than I thought, as the Administrator said the distance of the camera is probably different.But using the Seahorse take far more shots than with the Horizon, there is some difference, perhaps the height.

• If you love dogfight want the best agility. We don't need more difficult ; the "Inner Core" and the Coalition Rogue" are very strong.
    Makes me angry to find those who prefer less effective.

• Raxor, try to use the "Edit" button instead of double posting.

The Seahorse was the first new ship I chosen to buy (by watching the pics posted by Huor) and I loved it's design, as it's like an advanced form of Starflier :D

The Rapier looks deadly...

The best choices in my opinion :D

Edit: Check the "Rapier Jernas Missile" in the videos list, it's exactly like the CF homing missiles when having some lag :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• * Cough*
    May I interrupt? :P First of all, 1.9 bring to us a new ships, new game, new balance and new behaviour.
    That no means, that all was remade - my "cookies" stay the same that they were 4 years ago, when I came to CF server, 1.7 mod
    ( wow... when I say it, it looks unbelieveble...).
    For my taste I choose a Lagg Coalition VHF. I flew it in 1.7, 1.8, 1.82... It was fast and deadly. But it had 1 weak place - low armor.
    No face-to-face attacks, no direct hits. It means evasive maneuvering and sneaky moving around slower and fat ships.
    1.9 "surprised" me with reworked speed of Lagg. Now it slower, but armor still it weakest place.
    New ships have a fast one that have a nice speed and a bit stronger armor. It`s perfect in PvPing and could overturn even a Thanatos- believe me :)
    So, if you will gain a fastest fighter, it`s not means, that you`ll gain a fastest movement :)
    Cya in space!

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Saracen , a very strong and agile fighter. It can overturn any faster ship depending on your skills and also hard to hit.

Learn how to fight(as skills counts, not the ship) and you'll be perfect with the Saracen.

• @Mich - but it`s more balanced than others (IMAO)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• @Crysis: You say that cus it was the only ship you ever used ? :D
    It's not of the fastest atm

The only one that I've used? lal ... my FIRST one was the Eagle, then the Archangel , Shroud , Predator , Lagg , Saracen and A LOT more throughout the years. The Saracen was and is still my last one and nothing can change that. I love that fighter and I'll never replace it. It's the perfect one for me , agile and very strong in armor. I don't rely on speed so I can overturn the fastest fighter Michael .. I can overturn it easily when I know how, perhaps you should as well.

Abras already mentioned that though, SKILLS counts , not the ship itself. You should listen to him.