Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• 1. the mining ship is designed to crack big asteroids that you can find at random locations in mineable fields. It has no effect on small rocks but will if done correctly destroy the large rocks which contain large amounts of "whatever".

2. ok... you got a point with the 200bot/bats limit... but it should be no problem to raise that limit
    and yes it can repair other ships
    just like the mining ship the repair ship is not designed to shoot on small targets but to be a utility ship to support large ships and fleets
    thats why the laser is fixed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yes, they have nothing to do with flhook

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hiho
    sorry to interrupt u, but 5-10min ago the server crashed... nothing that makes me nervous, but:
    i bought the device-part from zhiklor (cloaking device components) before it crashed and well, after i relogged in (started fl from the launcher) the part has gone! o_0 it was mounted but now instead there is one of the other parts (i had all 3 parts) - so pls can anybody helps me? 50mil are hard earned money :(
    if its interesting for u to investigate: i used the hook-banking to transfer money from Ridley to Lonewolf (50mil - which are also gone - logically)
    also u may want to know that i was already in trawtai when the server crashed...

im so desperate -.-

have i forced you now to deactivate the hook again? :(

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

Edited 3 times, last by [SOC]Chaos_Damage ().

• We firstly have to analyse the crash and find the reason for it. When exactly did it crash? As you have bought that item or you wanted to undock?
    And you bought 3 item but afterwards you had just - how many? I am sure you will get your money back - as long as the hook seems the be the problem - i would have no worries to hand out that money. But it could take some time until we will pay it.

And you have to wait at least till tomorrow evening, because right now my day is over and i just can have a look at it tomorrow evening.
    Meanwhile it would be nice if you will not do the same thing again and again just to verify that the game will crash again.

signature.png

• well, huor, first the day is over for me too^^
    second: i had already 2 parts (actually all 3 which i were in new hongkong with, but got shot by my stupidity, but whatever thats days ago), now i bought the 3rd part in zhiklor (again).. nothing unusual so far. i undocked also without problems, flew through space blabla till i got to Trawtai, just exited the TL to the Phanchdar gate, got red lag for ca 2min, then the server crashed... that was like uhm around 0:15 (german-time) that should be 23:15 server-time(?) i guess.. dunno.
    well and after the crash i exited fl as normal and started it again via launcher (how u prefere it^^). i logged in to Lonewolf, i saw: aha back to Sorror-gate - but still in Trawtai, yes (last server-interaction i guess). then i flew to Nerllard Refinery (??? pls take some normal nouns :D) and while i did i checked my cargo holds (F7) and was nearly shocked that the cloaking components had gone. i thought ok, maybe the server screwed sth up and checked my ID-balance (/balance as u should know) and got a little heart-attack: 0$
    ... before i bought the part there were 50mil on it (Ridley -> Lonewolf). now everything has gone to eternity, part's lost, money lost... i can understand now how Trent felt after the attack of Freeport7 :D

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• back to the mining matter... I cross around a few mining fields and i "search" for the big rocks. I found several of them in Tau 37. it took some time to destroy them with the laser but after destroying them they didnt left anything to loot.
    full cargo niobium of a mining ship is 233, not 700.
    I dunno if the new mining features are fully operational, but from what i see its not yet an alternative to make money.
    The missions awards were raise for about 800 k to a mil, but i must confess i was expecting litle more, but is still the best way to make money in 1,9 (unless u are a smuggler)
    About the pods, yes some pods have their value raised like the admiral pods, but still killing a Bs with 1 mil hull takes a lifetime even with 6 lvl 10 guns. the lowers pods still maintain their selling value like in 1,8, but at least the npcs respawn more often ;)
    I know the dynamic econemy is still not operational but we cannot make any good run trading legaly, and the best runs, most of them cannot be docked with a train.
    I know you guys have more urgents matters to deal with like the hook, but just pass by to write some of my impressions in-game.

cya u all in space

• only meant to be an information to those who did not realize it yet.

Commodity is using different ammount of cargo space.
    The ammount - space - ratio is not the same anymore.
    you can have 100 cargo space in your vessel which does NOT mean you can load up to 100 pieces of (every) commodity

new Space-Ratio is 1:1 / 1:2 and 1:3
    in example.
    Water = Ratio 1:1 ~ 100 cargo space available = 100 Water loadable
    Niobium = Ration 1:3 ~ 100 cargo space available = 33 Niobium loadable
    Mining Machinery = Ratio 1:2 ~ 100 cargo space available = 50 Mining Machinery loadable
    (I could be mistaken by the goods, but it is just meant as calculating example for a better understanding)

Now we dont just have to see to get he highest possible selling price-commodity loaded, but to calculate if its not worth more to run with "less worth" commodity but an higher ammount, to earn more than with higher selling price.
    This is what trading actually is, imo. Make the highest profit out runs, which seem to be "not worth it" in the beginning.

• makes sense... its more realistic, but makes train useless for people who are not smugglers
    I saw in another mod that mining commodies gather from big rocks had a ratio of 0,1. witch made 700 cargo load with 7000 comodies.
    The profit was around 2 000 per pice and we had to travel half universe, but was great way to make money.
    I will continue my pod chases, it seems to be the best so far

• Whiskey and Vodka take 4 cargo each, and Rum takes 3, as rum bottles are smaller :D

Bigger cargo feature for certain commodities makes sense, makes it more realistic as a water canister can't be compared with a mining machinery or such, but then it's worse combined with the halfed trains cargo.

Yet, the smuggling got more, realistic, no more 60 mills for travelling by 4 systems, but legal trading also (apparently) got less profitable, but it's good if we find a trade route with a nice profit/item, and legal.
    Dynamic economy may fix that...

But each thing at it's moment, it's already too much for OP and Huor :)

For now, the FL Hook apparently works ok and wasn't crashing anybody.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• dynamic economy is already finished for ~2 months
    its just not active in order to do tests on the server and have conditions we can reproduce

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• try again

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hey its me again^^
    i just wanted you to remember my little "cloaking component"-issue. i know you guys may have sth bigger to with the server and other stuff. but if you have a little time pls let me know or contact me ingame :)

• :( still can't get onto server starts to load CF data then connection to server has been lost. :( maybe I try again tommorow

"Imagination is the Creation of All Things." B.Mac. 1986 :thumbup:

• Apparently the server wasn't responding, it's "activity" feature at CF's site is blank as well, as not receiving data on how many peeps are online(or maybe it's deactivated now?)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• hey uhm,
    i cant log onto my account, or i can but get instantly kicked by the server, i dont know what that causes.
    I recently went with my char (flying the Nighthawk) to frankfurt to buy shield upgrade and power generator (im now on Holstein). hadn't enough funds to buy the generator, so i logged to Ridley, put a little money on my bank, then the server kicked me.
    i cant get back ingame ... - any suggestions?

server: 12/128
    after trying to log-in
    server: 0/128
    so obviously my account seems to cause problems to the server :?::!:

i restarted PC and my router but the problem still remains and i stop trying to log-in now for the best of the other peeps.

Edited 6 times, last by [SOC]Chaos_Damage ().

• you have tried it 5 times during the past 2 hours - right?

if so... dont try anymore
    ill have to take a look at your chars
    and... did that happen before to you (somewhen these days?)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yea around 4-5 times yes and i play now SP ^^
    and nope i dont think that sth like this happened before, thats why it is so weird :/
    cant even imagine where the problem might come from. i havent done anything unusual (?)
    Ridley (Chimera) worked fine the whole day and the hook caused no probs too.
    so take your time while fixing the chars, hopefully its nothing serious :/

• problem might be your char in guangdong "Chaos_damage"

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,