Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• what?! chaos_damage is my bomber yes, but why should he causes problems to the server? i wasnt online with him for a few days now?
    so i really cannot tell whats going on now? o_0

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• i also cant... so dont worry

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hello everyone,
    a couple of things, sorry if it's the wrong section of the forum
    ok, first of all for the last couple of days I was unable to access this forum , it showed a white page and a long string of strange stuff about "feed", I checked now and it's ok, so I don't know when my problem was fixed: was it only me?

Second and most important: I bought a Batlleship class Retribution

-the stats said it had 600 cargo, but without any weapons mounted, and the only equipment mounted is sensors, tractor, armor classX, and power generator classV, the actual cargo available is only 200. It says 400 out of 600 is being used, but my cargo is absolutely empty, so what is going on? I also tried to unmount the armor class X, same thing

- it is absoultely impossible for me to navigate in an asteroid field, the ship starts bouncing around like a pinball, and then it suddenly gets stuck (I think it's due to the shape of this battleship, basically a huge humpback with a snowplow in the front, not kidding nor complaining). THe big asteroids get stuck on the hump, blocking me and reducing my speed to 0 even if I was going at cruise speed. To unblock the ship is quite tedious, I have to roll around, go backwards and things like that. These two things put together (ship bouncing and getting stuck) are making things impossible for me.

- I get stuck while trying to dock with trade lanes, and sometimes even when docking to stations. Very frustrating, if the "hump" or any other part of the ship is even slightly out of the blue circle that activates when you get access granted to a trade lane, it just stops there. Unblocking it is a real pain, so I just end up cruising to the next trade lane.

- the autopilot has suddenly become quite useless, since it kind of doesn't understand the dimensions of the ship or the probable collisions, it keeps hitting stuff and trying to do crazy maneuvers that obviously will not obtain any result when: docking with trade lanes, navigating an asteroid field, docking with stations. Coupled with the absence of thrusters to fix the position manually, it really really becomes frustrating

So, the manoeuvrability issues could be a feature, I mean I am aware I'm not driving a fighter, so I just have to get used maybe.
    But the cargo issue and the asteroid thing are literally killing me.
    Right now I'm without money (spend it all on the ship), unable to trade or navigate efficiently, I actually stopped playing unitl I can get some aswers from the more experienced players on this forum

please help, and I really hope the cargo thing is a bug, because if it's not, it's game over for me. If a ship says 600 cargo, it should be 600 no? or is it something in common with all battleships?
    help!
    bye

oh and p.s.: where are the shields? I mean, I figured out they are incorporated in the ship, but where are the stats? how many points, recharge rate, something?
    thanks
    p.p.s: the resell price of the ship is 325.000$...the ship costs 40mil

Edited 2 times, last by megatanis ().

• Does anyone notice when you try to log in and the update only goes to 14 only it dont work, however if its 18 update it work????

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• the number shown is not important... at least not for you

the page had a few problems during the past days due to a script with a malfunction... i didnt notice it until ive been told about it since as usual i could not reproduce it (looks like hardware and software doesnt want to mess with me)

the battleship engines consume a large amount of cargospace
    but thats not a big deal... they are not meant to trade

about the navigating in asteroid fields
    be glad that your ship does not instantly explode... because in reality a ships would do that when being hit by an asteroid ^^

navigation on tradelanes should work... but is not always easy
    battleships were never meant to be used for Freelancer therefore the freelancer engine does actually not support them
    better than it is now it will never get

p.p.s: the resell price of the ship is 325.000$...the ship costs 40mil

well yeah... once you flew through an asteroid field the ship is not worth more than that

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi CF - Team,

astounding work and a lovely extension to Freelancer Storyline..

Sadly CF 1.9 seems to crash on destruction of the Nomad Strike Carrier as soon as the "Well Done" sign pops up.

Error is sudden Game-Crash via "Runtime error"

Same Error happens when the Mission starts of whacked and the Nomads don't spawn ..

System: win xp 32
    Machine: Intel E6600; 2Gb mem; Nvidia 260GT
    Version Freelancer pure, 1.31 FLMM, 1.9 Crossfire

Greetings and Thanks for the great work anyway,

C13

• C13: this issue appeared to many players. pls use the search for this case i think you will find answers. :)

in my case a simple reloading from the last game/mission-savegame (not one of your saved games, nor the autosave) solved the problem, try out and see if it works.

p.s.@OP: server's still kicking me while attempting to log onto the server, whereas other players get kicked by my try too. so problem with my account isnt fixed yet?

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

Edited once, last by [SOC]Chaos_Damage ().

• I was having the same issue with crash to desktop right after destroying the Nomad Strike Carrier. Loading from the Mission save instead of the Autosave worked for me also.

The planets in Sol were also spinning at an incredible rate for me too. No idea if that is related.

Moved on to the next mission (to Naphelle) and crashed to desktop when trying to dock at the Jump Gate. Going to try the same trick with loading the Mission save...let y'all know if it works.

P.S. This is an awesome mod for one of my all-time favorite games! Keep it coming! :D

Edit: Seems to have worked. Must remember to make additional saves just in case.

Edited once, last by Phased ().

• well, sorry to hear that..seems I have a huge problem then

about the resell price, the ship is completely repaired so..shouldn't it be higher than 325.000?
    yes trade lanes work, they are just veeery tricky to use

do destroyers/cruisers behave the same way?

thanks for the answer
    bye

Edited 2 times, last by megatanis ().

• Two odd things:
    1) I can no longer see the Nomad Blaster when mounted on my ship...I could before.
    2) I now keep finding a commodity in my hold called "Launch to space" that I can sell for $1

Edit: Updated info: Correction - I can't see the Nomad Blaster mounted on my ship in the Equipment Dealer, BUT, I do see it mounted on my ship in space.

Edited once, last by Phased ().

• didnt i tell you not to connect?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Phased:
    1: that's not meant to be so(as I know), so you mounted them and the weapon slot looks empty ? Anyway you do can use them and see the effect and damage, right ? If so it should be good, not sure about why they "dissapear" on your list.
    2: That's not a commodity you keep finding, it's a different one that you get while doing the extended campaign missions in Singleplayer, there are only about 4-5 in total.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Chaos damage
    try if you can log in (just once)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes, the Nomad Blasters seem to work. Just don't see them mounted on hardpoints when in the equipment dealer. Odd, as I said.

Thanks for the heads-up on the "Launch to space" item.

• later, OP.. its too dangerous now trying to login while there is an event right now. dont wanna piss any1 off :)

ok OP just logged in and works fine for the moment. Chaos has Razorback now?
    so tell me, what was the problem?

Edited once, last by [SOC]Chaos_Damage ().

• Ok his my problem

So...I am stuck here.

EDIT: Oh I found a away around this issue. All I need to do is leave the system then go back then kill my fellow coalition fighters. That causes the next part of the mission to happen.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Edited once, last by Your_uncle ().

• I didn't saw anyone posting this, sorry if I'm repeating:

crash at the destruction of the carrier in sol

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1

Runtime error:
    This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

Event Viewer critical error log:
    Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69
    Faulting module name: DALib.dll, version: 1.0.1254.11, time stamp: 0x3ecbb141
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000057d7
    Faulting process id: 0x15d0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cc8ac1b27a2e59
    Faulting application path: F:\games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe
    Faulting module path: F:\games\Freelancer\EXE2\DALib.dll
    Report Id: 892944bf-f6b5-11e0-a7c7-f0def16976b2

... but as OP said, using mission save instead of auto or manual save works just fine.