Wish list for Crossfire 2.0

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• "but I think that it is probably possible for a strict gunslinger to
    dominate if they train to develop l33t evasive skills and work on their
    marksmanship hard enough."

Lol, Drakon, I do that in my Redemption with 6 Ther'hon and get accused of cheating.

• having all ships as agile as redemption... well
    thats not a problem, the redemption (and other ships) got changed to "normal" standards several weeks ago already
    no fast turning anymore.... tadaaa

"no" means "no"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The best practice I have found to learn to decently work with guns is agaianst the IC aliens.

DO take on the Light fighter wings and the Medium fighter wings by yourself.

Best way to learn how to dodge and still take down opponents with guns only.

I can definitely see the more damage my guns do during dogfights than before after a few sessions in IC.

I am happy with the current weapons, but obviously ywould love to see VHF loadouts improve just to make things easier ... ;)

What I would love to see improve though, is trading for non-BMG (Police Legal) once in a while.

So far I have monitored trading the last two weeks and it seems that BMG trading goes as high as 3M - 4M per load while Legal Police Trading only goes as hign as 300 -400K per load. (400 -500 items)
    The Server Rules says ... 'It is the intension to have BMGs only available to players with a smugglers licence mounted'

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• "The best practice I have found to learn to decently work with guns is agaianst the IC aliens."

Totally agree mate, that's why I have a fighter and store permanently based in Weth. Manouvering and aiming do improve dramatically - or you are dead ;)
    As to Light and Medium fighters - I think that depends on which Alien you are fighting and in which system, as lag seems to vary, as does the power/ability of the Alien Faction.

• OP knows exactly what he is doing. If he doesn't, I am scared

But From what he has just said, I now class OP as a Genie. He can do what you ask, He will do what you ask, But in a way that it is still not what you want... It's a human error, Because you have to say specifics. For example:

Someone asks a Genie that they want £200, the next day, a member of their family dies at work, and the person get £200 compensation fr the person... They got the money! Whats the problem?

That is why you should never have a wish list, or ask a Genie for anything....

Lesson learn't.

Anyway, Back to point. I ike the way OP has made the layout for ships on CF. I think it is fair. And I don't actually tink Missiles are tere for tracting, They are there for blowing up things bigger than you. Ad also comiting suicide when you know you are not going to win in a PvP and think "Well I might as well take him down with me."

Don't giv in OP! I know what you are doing, And it's good stuff.

• "the redemption (and other ships) got changed to "normal" standards several weeks ago already

no fast turning anymore.... tadaaa"

Yay, I think this is great !!!!!
    But............I still firmly believe having a level 9 weapon that people could choose instead of missiles creates more options/possibilities for player configuration.

• We finally might see a greater variety in ships actually being used, that´s great

• I think OP should use the picture I posted as his new avatar... Yeah. That's my wish. :P

Seriously, quit asking OP for stuff after he says no. You're just gonna lost stuff you like. ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!

• How do you know?

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• Blue?!?!

Good Lord, something is very wrong with Spiky!

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• okay we need to pinkyze everything in the game for Spiky to pick from when he returns in the cockpit.... (second time i propose this)

cmon folks can you just play the game like it is and try to find new ideas to play your RP rather than adding more stuff in a mod that is not even exploited to 30% of it's potential ?

• 1.9 isn't even out, and we got a wish list for 2.0 ?? lol
    OP, u got some goood job to do for the next years xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I think OP is completely correct in saying that its meant to be like this. Don't ask for something like this because you know what? the game is meant to be a game.its meant to challenge you, its meant to get you creative and a good example of this is personalizing YOUR use of this lvl9/10 combo. Because thats what makes you a player. doing what you request is just taking one step closer to complete boredom and in-continuity on this server you know why? because you may think that having almighty power is a good thing but once you have it you quit because there is nothing left for you. I'm not saying what you want will have this outcome but its just a move towards that. Be a gamer, a player, an artist. Get creative and make it work for yourself. That, you will find, is even more rewarding

• inlkt is absolutely right. Having everything too good, too perfect is the worse thing that could happen to CF, or anything else in life for that matters. There's always place for improvement and it will always be this way because we are all different ppl with different POVs but in the end, a fair balance can be found and everyone can find it's way to success.

if you compare vanilla with CF ships and equipment you'll quickly realize that the damage, strength and variety have doubled or trippled in some cases. it's cool to have always bigger guns but i nthe end it will only be matched with other better stuff and you ill not gain any advatange and modders will have lost their time to add more stuff without changing the balance....

So please, wait for 1.9 to come out and then you'll see from where you need to start constructive criticizing and propose new ideas for the later chapter.