missleading info cards on the ships

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [}<>{SHS}<>{].

• ok i know that the info cards are just for fun but let me adres this aproprietly.
    az i see it they must give litle backgraund of the ship (its desaine and wat was the reason for this ship creation)
    and how is it preforming agenst other ships, the big hull make it slow or the big gargo smace is for torpedos (aka a torpedo momber)
    but in some ships there is the frase "it is deadly in a skiled pilot hends" i must say that this is not true at all
    or frase as "this ship is simly the one" wat is that even mean ?
    others are all in all a lie "it is a fast turning ship" (wich we all know IS not true if the ship is not lagg persephone or all the other pvp ships it is not FAST TURNING :>) or "it have a higer damage output" well it have only 4 lvl 10 guns so idk how it can have hier damage output then all the other ships with 4 lvl 10 guns

i was just exploring none clan x systems and saw a bunch of ships that say stuff wich are simply misleading
    i mean the lagg discription is only 3 sentenses, but a saw onother one wich is dominus (or somp like that, it is the second VHF i know that have 6 lvl 10 guns) have like 10 sentenses disciption. it is not fair XD no one care abaut that hunk of junk give more description to the lagg, say it is one of the fastest ship avaleble or somp that is tru abaut that ship. so wen a noob dock at charkow say "hey that ship can be good it have nice stuff sed for him in the info card"

ty for your time reading my baad speling : )

space

the final frontier

• 1. it is wrong that a ship infocard need to reflect any ship settings
    2. your judgement about those ships is based on your subjective feelings to it and not on ALL the stats of the ships
    3. you have no idea how the ships will be and/or are supposed to be
    4. the ship infocards have to be short
    5. your point of view about what a good ship might be is not neccessary what others think about it

the ship infocards are good the way they are and are not going to be changed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• you dont even have an idea what a fast turning ship is... you still believe a lagg would be one

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• fast turning ship = ship that turn fast. some of this "fast turning" ships are so "fast turning" that i can not kill an npc with them
    or some info cards say "agile" or "big damage output" wen realy it is not like that : )

space

the final frontier

• You are mixng things up again. What has fast turning with the abillity to kill npcs to do? I am sure you can kill npcs in Battleships and they are know to be turning snails.
    Whats again wrong with agile, or big damage output? You try to weight those facts with your understanding of the things. Must not means your point of view has to be valid for everyone else.

signature.png

• my understanding of fast sturning ship is like everybodys elce understanding of FAST TURNING SHIP
    how can you understand it difrendly ?
    is for you fast turning ship = not moving ship, or fast turning ship = ?

and big damage output is HAVING MORE GUNS THEN ALL THE OTHER SHIPS
    having the SAME amaount of guns like 90% of the ships IS NOT HIER DAMAGE OUTPUT : >
    i dont count torps cuz they are not so big of a difrence realy (exsept coal torp wich is unuseble in VHF )

space

the final frontier

• Why is my understanding different. Hm because fast can be everything. If i have two ships (and i need to have, because without comparison fast can be everything and nothing at once) one is turning with 10 meter a second and the other one with 2 meters a second then the 10 meter a second is fast. With this math you consider 2 meter a second for being slow. So now comes another ship that just has a turn rate of a third of a meter a second then the 2 meter a second are fast. Huh what - weren't 2 meters a second slow? So how can it now be fast? That's what i mean. Without any weighting of measures fast is relative and with that stating the ship is fast turning is not wrong.

Damage output relies on the same facts. What is big. The Ragnarok at my times had the biggest power output and causes heavily damage not comparable to any other ship. But what did it had for advantages in fights? Nearly nothing. Now is that important? Big damage is not weighted - hence a relative statement. What you understand of Big must not mean its not big.

It would be something totally different if there would be stated: Its the fastest ship available or it has the biggest entirely damage available. But this is not the case.

PS: Sometimes i know how Spock felt on the Enterprise ;D

signature.png

• to be blunt : we won't edit infocards to tell you which ship is the best. The goal is for ppl to try out many diffrent ships and EXPLORE the damn universe to find the best stuff.

• shs
    you have a totally wrong understanding on this matter
    you judge by subjective feelings while we go with the stats

fast turning...
    how do you definy that?
    i do it by taking a look at the turning speed, then i take a look at the turning acceleration and finally at the inertia in combination with the engines
    your judgement is based on which of those stats?

"this is a fast turning ship"
    ok that is a fully correct statement... it is fast and the next ship might be even faster... there are for sure even ships that are slower
    so what is the point that i am not allowed anymore to use the word "fast"?

So what about a create an incredible agile ship and write an infocard "this is the most agile ship ever". And then I start mounting equipment or fill my cargo space which raises the mass of that ship and suddenly all other ships are turning faster than my ship?
    your point of view on this matter simply is subjective and does not cover with what we consider facts

same for damage
    we take in consideration the use of Torps, CD, Mines aswell as hardpoint positioning (which can make a big difference)
    there are more values than you can imagine which have influence

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• to be blunt : we won't edit infocards to tell you which ship is the best. The goal is for ppl to try out many diffrent ships and EXPLORE the damn universe to find the best stuff.

Sorry about this comment but it needs to be said: Or you can be the lame ass and search the .***** files and find out which is which, like most do anyway. Need to hide that info somehow.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• so you wona ppl to go explore and test ships. that is cool, i did that to
    but dont lie to them saying in the infocards that this is "the best you can get" (cuz some info cards say that. or "very deadly in a skiled pilot hands" (well that just make ppl say "i am skiled pilot in this ship i will be deadly now" AND IT IS NOT LIKE THAT)
    SO saying in infocards that "this is the BES SHIP YOU CAN GET" you will only make noobs angry for buying that ship and everyone can kill them in it
    so they just ask me or other ppl with hier level "wich is the best ship"
    exploration have noting to do with infocards that mislead ppl buy saying stuf wich are not true. and this is not like saying that the ship is ugly (you can say "you dont understand art you can not say that the ship is ugly" yes that is true but looks is difrend then preformence. wen a ship preform poorley he is a poor ship to fly)

@op
    yes torpidos (some VHF have 2, other have 0) is this wat ppl think wen they hear "high damage ouput"?
    no
    they think of lvl 10 guns. torpidos have monition and they are useble in spesific situations. wen you run aut you run aut of monition. i can put 6 rokets on a VHF and say it have hier damage ouput then a ship with 6 lazer guns. rokets dont count in "damage ouput" cuz they dount use the energy of the ship. you can say that ships with 2 torpedos have 2 torpedos wich make them good agenst cap ships (wich is not true btw, i try out persephone that have 2 torpedos agenst bs and it have no difrence in a long run. bs still can kill VHF in 2 shots and VHF still need like 1 minute to shoot down the hull of the bs)
    i just read the info on redemption and it dose not say that the ship is "fast turning" or have "high damage ouput" WAY
    this is one of the litle number of ships that it will be true and it will give ppl exsact info on the ship
    and it is just not there.
    if you let me (with no agry comets later and i DONT WONA INSULT YOUR SHIPS of anyting) to type info for the redemption that is corect.

Redemption is one of the best ships you can get. Cuz of its structure it alow the 2 lvl 9 guns in normal VHF to be replayst with lvl 10. That give him high damage ouput. And the 3 masive enginse make it fast turning end deadly. It have heavy hull and it is large target but a in the heands of a skiled pilot this ship can take on cap ships and others VHF. Do not engaje pilots that poses this ship if you have douts of wining

see wat is rong with this info on the ship ?
    yes yes i know we need to make other ships look "desairble" but say somp elce for them wich is true, like "uniqe desane of this ship make it productive but it is not wise to take it on wars" or "the exsotic desane of this ship make it vielble in the heands of colectors" (cuz some VHF are only looks)

space

the final frontier

• Try defining what would be a skilled pilot first?

Someone who can kill others if he has a fast turning ship? maybe not (ask Spiky and his eagle!)

but dont lie to them saying in the infocards that this is "the best you
    can get" (cuz some info cards say that. or "very deadly in a skiled
    pilot hands" (well that just make ppl say "i am skiled pilot in this
    ship i will be deadly now" AND IT IS NOT LIKE THAT)

Or maybe it is just that you think you are skilled - but you are not? (kidding!) :rolleyes:

Each ship may require different kind of skills to be mastered... (ever tried the Hades for example? that is for sure an example of a very deadly ship but not necessarily easy to fly or with fast turning)

A starflier may even be the ultimate ship for a "skilled" pilot... sure, if you can dodge all guns and missiles, then you can be "invulnerable" and kill any opponent...
    This is an extreme example.. just to say the advantages of any ship may be obtained sometimes needing specific skills or "flying/fighting styles".

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• SHS, just see the infocards as a car advertisements. Everyone will claim their deal and their product is better but no clear comparison is established... that's just marketing.

• See the infocard as an advertisement to the Ship SHS, if boing is building a new plane they never will say, hey it´s crap in turning but the will say it´s luxorius, your customers will love it.

Now compare the different infocards from the different Ships (assumed that all the ships belongs to a faction) - The Coalition will earn 10 Mil if you buy the Saracen, GSG will also earn 10 Mil. but they will sell the Tornado as the very best one to you and not the Saracen. Thats how i am interpreting the Infocards.

Tornado

Gas Miners are determined fellas and so are the ships they build. Based upon the Typhoon it completely lacks unnecessary gadgets. This is a ship with a message, and the message becomes clear the second its pilot decides to open fire: To put away with everything in its course.

Saracen

The Saracen has a very strong power output and can carry very strong weapons. You should expect heavy trouble if the pilot of such a ships decides not to like you.

Click the image above to visit us.

• so cuz the yare advataisment meant they have to be unmoral buy saying rong things abaut the ship ?
    i know adwartaisment, and you must not lie in it or skip information abaut the product. : >
    wen you buy a car the guy will say to you that it can travel with the speed of light, but a fast look on the dach borad and you will see that max speed is 200km/h
    SO way not puting a dash board in the infocard, give ppl some nubbers to go with
    like in grand torizmo 2 (love that game) wen you buy a car it dose not say that this gar sux or this one is the best
    it show you WICH CAR IS FASTER, WICH TURN SLOW OR FAST
    ppl understand that there is NOT difrent opinion on fast turning. i can not bevile that you say that this is depending on a person vew point
    CUZ IT DOSE NOT
    usualy in a GAME you start with slow cars, shity one. ADN you know it is a slow and shity car. that is way it cost so litle
    but wen you progres you colect more money and you can buy THE EXPENSIVE FAST CARS

so insted of chainging the infocards just make SLOW TURNIN ships cheaper. and make fast turning expensive. eagle cost 500k AND IT IS FASTER THEN SOME OF THE 9 MIL MONSTERS :>

Huor
    fast turning can be everyting ? that is the moust stupid thing i have ever heard(no offence)
    so you can put eqipment and make the ship slower ?
    OK THEN SPESIFICATE IN THE INFO CARD THAT THE SHIP IS SLOW TURNING WEN IT HAVE EQIPMENT ON
    or IT IS FAST TURNING WITH NO EQWIPMENT ON. that is wat i mean
    you say "high damage ouput" with +2 torps (that is over exsagurated) the ship stil have 4 lvl 10 guns
    you say fast turning wen it clearly is not

so pls dont say that the ship turning speed is "relative". CUZ IT CLEARLY IS NOT.
    some ships take more time to make 360 degrese turn then others, THAT MAKE THEM SLOWER

space

the final frontier

• SHS
    you are not interested in my arguements and yours have not much importance for me in this case
    so all in all everything stays the way it is

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i did red your coment
    i even ancer it

admit that wen you buy a car in other games the price is set for the cars preformens, and there is fast and slow turning cars
    in this game we have fast and slow turning ships, and "info" cards must give you information for the ship wich you buy
    and todays info cards are just cheap advartaising then actual info on the ship !

in how meny ways to explane ?
    if you dont understand my eng speling(wich is terable) come on TS and i will try to explane it to you verboly

space

the final frontier