Killing fee raised?

There are 68 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Cool thinking, but I will disappoint you. Most people will avoid fighting, because of heavy losses it may involve (if only your allies have to leave, you are f*****) and in massive battles everyone die a lot, even local speedie gonzales. SHS and other ratboats are placing bounties on "trines" like he calls them, that's very nice of him, really.

And about those hundreds of millions - BMG trading.

But overall - I am pissed, cause I'm poor and still a rookie (not very uncommon amongst newcomers). On the other hand I am very very happy about this change. I never liked those idiotic battles, which were going on only because it was so cheap to do them. I never liked annoying rats "invasions", which turned mostly into senseless 6v2 rat raping with rat not giving up for hours (despite being raped very hard, and I'm not talking about speedie gonzales). I never liked stupid heroics like going alone against small fleet.

It will end now. The time of strategy and tactic is coming. I missed them both very much.

UR Command, I want my training.

EDIT: P.S.: |PX|, are you hostile towards UR? If not, then please tell your rabid battleship pilot to stop shooting at Police Officers without bounty and, what comes with it, without reason. If you permit you pilots to open fire upon cops, then please admit it in forum.

• a few good points m8, but i fear it may drive ppl out of business and out of the game...

Quote from Daywalker

edit: didnt saw the last posts - realy, you don´t get it atm, do you? Just make your RP Job instead of complaining about every new feature or setting - if you do it well you will not need to trade anymore - you now can make your Job and keep everyone legit if you can - you just have to adapt a new setting and take your personal benefit out of it. I realy would like to see it one time that ppl first try new settings before they start crying about it - especialy if those ppl already ask for it before.

Easy to say when you are not the one who needs to adapt m8... you got the money stashed for ages already, no bounds to laws that keeps you from smuggling to make sure your income is secure, you're one of the top guns around... See it from another point of view than yours please (points 6 and 7 don't mean you put yourself in their place btw, you merely stated the obvious benefit that applies to ALL anyway...)

ppl at level 40 will be killed by pirates repeatedly because they are easy target/money... there is not enough cops to protect them compared to the number of mercs/pirates. Common sense would tell that you shouldn't do that but common sense in this community is recuded to about 10% of the players now...
    occasionnal players (such as me, due to my RL) will get a very hard time to avoid bankruptcy too. i got donated money from Abras to be able to leave Vega blocked by pirates/mercs the other day... I can't just say " let me pass" cause i see it as avoiding RP... i WANT to fight my way thru if hostiles are in the way, but now it'll be rather impossible without saying "ok guys, i'm broke stop RPing and let me go". And honestly if i was on the pirate side, why would i let someone go so easily.... Either i strip him of all his money except 1 credit (tax) or he'll have to take me down or suffer until scotty beams him up to square 1 (manhattan)... I cannot be online 5 hours a day to trade/mine/train and just make money with fighting. I admit i don't have the skills, my frags score is below 50%, i'm not great at it but i love to PvP and win a few matches (2 on 5 makes me happy already). Now i will not enjoy it as much as before... you can be sure i'll protest and throw in my opinion...

• Seeing the Police smuggling while they damend anyone and everyone even other police clans for it in the past and in this way loosing their principles in doing so will be priceless, realy.

Well, the way I see it, with the raise in the killing fee, I see absolutely no reason to try and stop anyone from smuggling as a cop, because simply put, it's the only real way of making money these days (save the occasional mining route.) That's not to say I'm just gonna lay down for pirates, but I'm not gonna kill/stop smugglers while secretly doing it at the same time, either.

I'm done being the corrupt cop - now I'm the 'don't give a damn' cop... :bcool:

• I forsee this as being a total nightmare for alot of ppl, especially those of us who aint been playing all that long & aint got billions upon billions of credits. Oh well, I guess.

• Hmm...

Don't forget guys that when you fight another , you also use missiles/torps/CDs etc.... so this time you win 1 mill and loose 2, next time you loose 1+2 mills, and the general econimical flow is still on negative, but increased.

Police can make more $ on killing Smugglers, as well Smugglers might prefer paying the fine than loosing 1m + BMG cargo.
    Mercs can also win double the bounty's ammount...
    Pirates keep getting cornered vs several police and loose more millions than usually (sarcasm :P )

Yet, only about... 50 or 100 people on the server afford to make fights now, no newb will stay for 2 hours trading in NY or somewhere else, jsut to exit out of NY and get killed twice at the gate or while exploring cus of some pirate or bounty etc.

And as many people already avoid fights and literally flee (bigger) battles before they even start, not sure now who can spend 60mills+ for getting killed 20 times in a fight he knows he can hardly kill somebody. So unless the top players will play alone in their battles, newer players will also choose to play alone, or train in a balanced way with another(both sidesk kill the other one).

Interesting surprise O.o

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Then fight like a man or withdraw as one. I dont see any problems with that... BTW as seldom as i play nowadays i also just have a few millions on my char, nearly no trading, i got my money from npc kills. I think 1 event (where i accepted a prize - what i usually deny when i am taking part), an initial fund from an unnamed sponsor, i also try to fund some players with more or less a few hundrets credits as i more cannot afford.

If you wanna just have training fights you could agree with your opponent that whenever someone is killed the 1 million is repaid to the one that lost that money (or half of it - finally thats up to you).

signature.png

• what about BSs, is possible set different pay?

• @ OP and all the moderators who have to dig through this endless posts:

I am sorry! I am sorry for beeing the one responsable for yet another whinethread.
    Next time I´ll write a memo to myself.

• No Sphinx, you got nothing to be ashamed of, you simply informed ppl of a new server change. Someone would have done it if it wasn't you. And you are not responsile for ppl's opinions and words that followed anyway...

Let's continue, until now i think it has remained tolerable, yet i admit agitated. I think Mike is right when he says that ppl will avoid fighting because of its cost. It's not a matter of withdrawing like a man when it goes bad like Huor said but a matter of ppl avoiding RP and fights. I believe many will just enter a system and say "i withdraw from any encounters" even before meeting hostiles... i'm very concerned. I understand top fighters enjoy this because it make their challenge thougher but it also makes it harder for the new players and occasionnal ones...

• As for new players being killed: SHS , TRF NWA & Bu||et are killing level 40's at will , players are setting bounties on level 40's and mercs are collecting them. So excuse me if I call " foul ball" on those who are saying cops need to remain " legit" in order to survive.

We all know I play the corrupt cop, but as my compadre said, I am the " I dont give a damn cop" now and in more ways than one.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I think we are just getting to the RL situation. In RL nobody is knighty, bravy, all alone vs 5 because of the risk of ultimate loss - life. That's why modern pilots don't even use their guns - that's stupid, it's much better to launch fire&forget missiles and let them handle the enemy.

I'm sorry gunny, but this change is going to literally throw your old-school honour rules out of the window, just like modern war threw out knighty rules. I won't be surprised if we'll see a comeback of reloading or F1 escaping during the fight.

• I have no problem with the new killing fee.

I think it is good for Clan RP where a single clan member on the server will find him/herself quickly broke, but if clans stick together .. like great example PX gives us... then it is good for Clan RP.

I understand due to different timezones, this is difficult to have more than 2-3 players online at most times.

It is only alone freelancers that will suffer the most.

As a suggestion, maybe raise FL level to 45 or 50 ?

And maybe raise the minimum bounty fee by 200% so that needless bounties are not posted, but you need a serious beef with a person to post a bounty ?

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Arrow you are police saving mankind, just go and save some of the new players from pirates taxing them before you are going to save the whole galaxy. If Pirates can tax them you didn´t do your Job well, did you?

How long can you kill a target on lvl 40 until it is bankrupt? Easy way for those - avoid being catched by the pirates or police.

Just 2 answers cause i am to lazy to argue about every point - if you review yours you will see what i mean.

ps.: UR if you want something, use the normal channels to get it, everything else can be read in our forum - have a good day.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Everything has its good and bad sides. I think the fight will reduce by 90% and there will be more dissatisfaction with the lag in the game... more prosecution and bad language.
    But it is not important ... we will adapt.

Put yourself in the position ... the first time in the game ... ... ... .... .... .... .... :

... We explore the universe, bought all the best equipment, learn the rules, learn avoided stupid bullies ... we have four characters (1 in IC-VHF, Sirius-2 in VHF, 1 Sirius-trade) ... about 500 million cost quality research of CF 1.82 ..... and it is time for real MP PvP (but a bit bored of trade and killing NPC) ... we want to train PvP (in the game are maybe a month or two) and then we see that we need at least another 500 million .. lol bye-bye lol ....I hope you understand what I want to say.

cya.

• i know it has good sides... great that pointless fights will stop. Great that it'll force ppl to coop in order to save their skin. But i doubt it'll be more fair than what was before... indeed laggy ppl will complain triple of what they do. Indeed when somebody feels has been killed unfairly will complain even more.... it's a compalint generator....

• Note for myself: Do NOT forget again to check money remaining between 2 fights! lmao

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Newly opened Bankrupt Caffe in Manhattan offers a wide variety of drinks, among them is the famous cocktail What a Shame. lol

• woohoo! I feel better now ^^

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!