FREE COOKIES AND MILK, MUST SEE!!!!!!!

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by hipogriff.

• So, I'm leaving. (NO FREE COOKIES AND MILK FOR YOU!)

And I'll just throw out in all honesty the reasons why I decide to do so:

A large amount of people on this server just annoy me. Either because they cannot cope with my cynicism and sarcasm or because they cannot cope with the way I do things RP wise... I don't know and I don't care.
    I think in the past months everytime I enforced the law in a RP manner I had to hear the usual insults thrown at me and whatever else -- don't get me wrong, I don't give the slightest fuck about people insulting me on the interwebs, its just not possible to play properly on this server (was it ever?).
    That is my main problem. But even I have my limits -- that limit has been reached quite a while ago. This bores me. Gameplay in general bores me. I've been around way too long playing this game. Boring.
    As to the mod itself; I was here when OP released the very first version of CF in 2004 and when I came back in 2008 it was amazing to play this mod again and flying through Custodian brought back many good memories I had playing it years ago. The graphical improvements in 1.8 are amazing; story... well don't get me wrong OP but I never cared about the story or new systems or new NPC's or new weapons. I play CF to blow stuff up embracing beautiful explosions.
    This brings me to my second problem. The balance in this game is far from being optimal; ships are bugged, the fact that some ships somehow are easier to hit than others, guns hitting better because of the projectile size etc... Moreover, since I came back in 1.7 I have never understood how missiles work in this game. I think I have never been in a fight where missiles worked properly for 30 mins; then again what is 'properly?' -- missiles ziggzagging and lagging all over the place, as well as CD's, certainly isn't. I don't know what kind of PC runs the server or what kind of server runs this mod, but it is obvious that it is way too weak to have CF working properly. I don't blame anyone for all of this but this is, as a (very -- I'm being modest here ^_^) experienced FL PvP veteran feel things are at the moment.
    And I've felt this way for almost three years now; I've been angry many times about missiles/CD's not working properly, I've whined a lot about certain ships and other things.
    One of them being fairness, something which is truely an alien word to some here. The amount of shit I've seen people pulling off is amazing (and yes I sometimes even facepalmed when some of my clan colleagues wanted to pull off certain things -- I did so in secret, behind my monitor) but hey, I am not surprised, thats how we humans roll. This bores me. Gameplay in general bores me. Boring.

Now my third problem is; nothing is being enforced, the powers conferred to the GR's are utterly useless, why is this? Some GR don't even seem to care when server rules are broken (do they even know the server rules?) (not attacking GR's personally here, more like a question to OP -- I also wondered... why the hell did you never give the 'restart' function to the GR? Do you know how laggy this server is most of the time... and what about the suggestion I told you about months ago, server automatically restarting every 2-3 hours? Is that not possible or what?)
    I mean don't get my wrong; I absolutely hate it when people run to others and cry for help and want sanctions to be imposed on others. In my play here the last 3 years I have maybe reported something once to a SP about some dude annoying me; but thats about it. Hell had I made screenshots of all the people breaking server rules some would be broke (I'd probably be broke because of all my swearing but hey nobody cares^^)

So why the hell did I stay all those months/years? Well simply because there were some good people still hanging around on CF and because I am proud member of the once best and biggest FL clan (and nobody can deny that -- not with all the shit we've been through as a clan, either internally or externally, all the wars we had, all the god damn best pilots BG had) and because I kinda felt like supporting BG because it was, sort of, falling apart (quite ironic that at the time the same guy who wants me gone now seemed very happy to have me around and even helped 'building up' BG a little). But no more of this, I personally always thought that the BG I know died a long time ago anyway...
    And the other reason is well... you know, annoying PX and so on, but too lazy to start that discussion again. I have values and principles that I cherish and I will not shut up when I deem that they are being threatened. All my actions on this server were a result of trying to improve gameplay on the server, believe it or not.

Yet I don't enjoy this community anymore. Most of the people I liked are either gone or inactive (I wonder why those people always vanish...) I don't enjoy playing on CF anymore, I get pissed off everytime I leave the server (even the endorpines in ma awesome Belgian chocolate don't negate that) and I get pissed off even more that every single time I start PvP it either lags or missiles are just fucked up.

So, time to GTFO of CF. On the bright side I'm making someone very happy that I (finally -- thank god... or well rather thank the invisible dude in the sky that wants all our money) leave. Things will only get better from now on, I (he) promise(s) -- another one bites the dust ;D.

On a serious sidenote: the guy I am on this portal or on CF is not very different from the guy I am IRL. I am cynical. People I hang around with know that very well and they know that I am an ass sometimes (hell you should see the chats I have with some people, I think not even the biggest racist and ******* on this planet can cope with that shit) -- but they are fine with it and know that its just the way I am (a massive troll). Maybe there is something wrong with you? (if you feel adressed then its a first step towards recovery ^_^)

<3 OP and Hägar (sometimes Huor, but thats when hes not writing those captain obvious answers...troll)
    <3 PX (I hope you all rott in hell - see you in lawyer hell StephanoV)
    <3 all the Americans (Gunny when will you finally blow Iran and North Korea up?)
    <3 all the other dudes
    <3 SMG_Picard for the best, most intense and awesome 1o1 (GTFO Crysis you just spam CD's and missiles, get some skills... also stop drinking Heineken you n00b... see ya on skype/Facebook ;D)
    and especially...
    <3 BG and Arvedui (also for being the longest BG leader... lol I guess there is not much competition going on anymore... Don Zardeone vs Nitro vs Op... holy shit those were the good old times)

I guess I'll still hang around on the Forum's... but thats kind annoying me too... where are all the spam threads nowadays ffs?

oh yes I forgot. Personal apology to OP that I have contributed absolutely nothing to this mod in all those years. Quite pathetic. But I simply had no lust, time or wish to learn modding...
    @everyone else, help some moar if you want CF 1.9

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

Edited once, last by Spiky- ().

• ?( Not nice news Spiky :( . I hope that you need only some time out of this game for relax and after some time you will decide return. GL. (and pls not be so cynical :):P )

• Take a beer Spiky. I think i can understand what you are talking there. The way understanding as the Naboo on Pandora says they "see" each other. Nevermind. What i almost don't understand is why you people get so mad about the missiles. Hey i am partly the most fucked up PvPer on this server and what i learned is - ahm dunno - i don't use this missiles, because i never learned to use them. Know what - live is so much easier without. Ok i also understand that most players feel not the way i do about this thing - but well then live with it. You can make your life more complicated or you find ways around it. Just my opinion and i don't have a very hard life with it. What brings me to the next note:

I do like pvp against a small amount of players. Players who are not believing they are what uber cool, climbing up stairs, ranks whatever when they fight. I play the game to relax from RL - means i choose to pvp or to kill NPCs until i am satisfied or even if i have the necessity to lower my aggression level (what seldom is the case) to tease some players. You sometimes should see my friends when we play together, they are shaking head seeing me running amok and get killed 3 - 6 times in a row doing every time the same. Apparently that's stupid - i know. But hey its a game and if i think i do it this way then i do it this way. Someone feels happy to get easy kills^^ I am not concerned.
    All i am trying to say is: Don't make it that hard for yourself every time (i mean nearly all players). Just play for fun ;)

I am sorry to seeing you stepping away from BG and the game. Damn now a fun factor less to enjoy ;( All your comments were mostly funny to follow. I am not remembering many RP fights we had but a few were mostly funny. although i seldom have beaten you. One thing i mostly will miss is someone trying to push me into planet atmospheres ;) Because that were the moments i often had my laughs Oo ;D

Sleep a night or a week over it. Hope to cya anyway.

PS: One final of my captains answers: Spam threads are everywhere - and somehow i have the feeling this will become one too^^
    PPS: A note for Spiky and those who understand it: "Ein Zyniker ist jemand, der Ideale hat, aber zu wissen glaubt, dass sie nicht realisierbar sind". Na dann ;)

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor ().

• sad news m8 :(
    this wont be the same without you

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• come for a visit - trolling never ends (ill help if u forgot how to do it^^)

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• NOOOOOO! Sad day for CF.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• In CF 1.9 a new Pink Eagle wreck will be added to Custodian System and infocard will read like this:

Spiky's Pink Eagle Wreck

This ship was flown by the most cynical troll this universe has ever known. Rumors say that he was bored and abandoned his ship and went for a spacewalk in his pink spacesuit (with a daisy on each butt plate btw cause it does more gay..). Supposedly, his safety cable was not fastened and he started drifting away from his ship.

Crossfire community will be observing a Pink Day from now on every February 14th to come and a pink comemorative monument will be positioned near Neutro Station for People to remember the (not so) Great Spiky.

• Ha... very sad to hear. You will be missed. Cops that play cops are so rare these days.

My advice, take a vacation of CF. Come back in a month or 2.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• I thought twice before writing this post.
    Spiky i personaly never had nothing against you, altought i am aware of all things that happened between you and PX in the past. And at least u never hide what u felt about us... even on your goodbye.
    About you leaving CF, its a great loss for this community since you are one of the few "active cops" that realy bring RP to the game.

Good luck with your future projects. After all its just a game and here there aren t winners or losers at the end of the day.

• I had great fun at last night's TDM trying to kill you Spiky, and I am sad to hear this :girl_cray3:

I sincerely hope you will reconsider after a break (we all do need those every now and then)

Sincerely,

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• @ Huor : " All your comments were mostly funny to follow."

Definitly agree on that. No other commentor/spammer around cumming near your mastership on that 8). .
    What else to expect from someone, who lives in the trashiest city of Europe with folks around that make ( and actually DRINK ) rasberry flavoured beer. :D

@....:"The balance in this game is far from being optimal ...................................................................."

THIS from a crossfire "BigWig" like you !
    Perhaps/hopefully might move something.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Spike, you boob.

Good luck! :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• (GTFO Crysis you just spam CD's and missiles, get some skills... also stop drinking Heineken you n00b... see ya on skype/Facebook ;D)

If you call me spamming , them call me a " gun spammer " too. All of these are skills and obiviously you don't understand them and you never will...
    Plus, the missiles can't be spammed as they are fired after 5-6(or it was more?) seconds. And if you call firing 3 CDs in a roll spam ....... lol , -> again skills , so stop envying^

And no, I drink Becks more :D

Bye noob, it was nice of kicking your ass

• get your ass back into your cockpit spiky, if you want to see things improve you have to give it a chance

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As a sign of tribute, I will purchase a Pink Eagle and I'll name it the "Spiky"...

...eh, maybe not. :P But seriously, you don't need to stop playing forever, just take a break for a month or two. I'm sure everything will blow over by then.

• As a sign of tribute, I will purchase a Pink Eagle and I'll name it the "Spiky"...

...eh, maybe not. :P But seriously, you don't need to stop playing forever, just take a break for a month or two. I'm sure everything will blow over by then.

What TWC SEZ! Don't be a b*tch Spiky, you know you love this game and this mod, just take a break for a month or two... or three... ;) :D

Yea, there are times when I've had my ass chapped in this game, but HEY, I try to remind myself, not to take this game personally.(which ain't all that easy sometimes, I don't get pissed off often, but when I do, it's when I and everyone else REALLY needs to step back a bit)

I've had to take a "vacation" several times in my several years here at CF, so you just need to relax and find new game or two, something fun to play to you and so you can "recharge".

It's to keep you from getting burnt out on the game, because it will happen at some point or another if you play it long and hard enough.

So, leave if you must, take a good long rest and forget about Crossfire for a while Spiky. You'll be missed, but in the end, you must do what is best FOR YOU. In time, I imagine you'll be ready to want to venture to the stars again and when you do, we'll be here looking forward to your return. :thumbup:

*salutes* Take care! YA @$$HOLE! :D:D:D:thumbsup: