Ship Warning

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AbrasDevil.

• Ok, I have tried several times, to be brief......don't buy Chimera
    Your char gets corrupted.....I read that the old bugs were fixed in 1.8....can't tell.....you don't get far enough to find out...you land once or twice and try to undock = crash to desktop!!!!
    This was my second and final try of the ship... (so far over 200 mil lost in this endeaver)....I liked the description .....sounded to be a good pirate ship + one you dont see everyday. I was hoping to find and fly only ships that descriptions that said builder was afraid of pirates getting ahold of (this was for RP) but no more.....back to the stupid Lagg or some other

Good Luck to any pilot that tries the ship...I suggest you only have minimal equip and cash on that char...cause you are going to loose it
    Now to go delete another char AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH X(X(X(

Marauder out

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• fixed that ship with CF1.82 and have a working one on one of my chars

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hmm...odd, I have reinstalled CF to see if that helps but no luck. I don't get it. Once I land somewhere after purchasing Chimera...I can't load the char again. As soon as I select char ....it crashes to desktop, and clicking the CF box in taskbar doesnt bring CF back up. I have to stop CF and reload. Its a real bummer. Glad it works for others i guess? This is only ship I've had issues with. Maybe someone else can test it? I'm running XP pro if it matters?

Edit. I haven't yet deleted char if it something that can be checked, but I do realize theres probably better things for you all to be working on

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Yup lagg is still bugged for sure and so is the devil. Also some thrusters are a bit faster than normal too..

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• wtf?
    what is bugged with these ships and why didnt I get a bug report yet?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes, and we've talked about in game.

Yup lagg is still bugged for sure and so is the devil. Also some thrusters are a bit faster than normal too..

Agreed, for all 3 things above.

I already told you Op but you said the Lagg got fixed... so I dropped it

Same, as i heard before.

wtf?
    what is bugged with these ships and why didnt I get a bug report yet?

From my side!
    I like to talk with CF vet in a game, and later if i come to conclusion that something can be worth for reporting...

• I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT IS BUGGED

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OffTopic
    your caps lock ;D

signature.png

• no... they dont
    and if i dont get any real feedback after all that time ill just throw these ships out of the mod

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• malfunction on the front side of the ship

sometimes missiles do not do ANY damage when you throw a full salvage literally in its 'face' ... has been that way in 1.7 and still is now

so... hitpoints problem? I don't know, im not a modder >_>

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• that is actually impossible, missile damage is done not to the ship hull but to the hardpoints

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no, explosions in CF have a radius of 100 while ships have a size of 15-40
    in any way the explosion will catch the hardpoint

the only exception where battleships that are bigger than 100 but meanwhile I have taken care of that aswell

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no, explosions in CF have a radius of 100 while ships have a size of 15-40
    in any way the explosion will catch the hardpoint

the only exception where battleships that are bigger than 100 but meanwhile I have taken care of that aswell

Ok - but only if there is a hard-point at the front, haven't you said this before that hull takes no damage but the hard-points. So if there are less or no hard-points at the front it is less vulnerable at these sections of the ship..? I don't want to discuss - but only understand properly ;)

signature.png