Warrants

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by StephanoV.

• I am opening this thread after Shock warned to close the one in the RP section. I think that warrants need to be discussed a little more because it's a new concept that's appeared now for the first time (at least I've seen it for the first time and I didn't see anything in the RP rules about it). I find it to be a very good idea but it still needs some polishing because otherwise it would unbalance the RPs.

SA Arrow wrote in the RP thread:

1. it is your right to ask for whatever you want and to enforce law in your system as you wish, we respect that (even if we don't agree to that).

2. we too hope that abuse will not happen.
    about the mixing of RPs, we have several "screenie albums" (not screenies, but albums of screenies) that immortalised some precious moments during which cops were smuggling and believe me, there are many, many many many screens because everybody is smuggling (be it SA, CFPD, UR) but most of them are with SA and UR. Don't thow that rock at us because it will bounce back and hit you in the head. Sure, we smuggled too (given the fact that everybody does it and if you don't you risk falling behind) but we are not cops so our RP is not in direct contradiction with our actions when yours is.
    As for the pirate accusations, please go to http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com/index.php?c=3 and read the "Open RP", "Monopoly" section. This way you will be better informed before you start accusing. In the future, please save us all some trouble and read the rules first, accuse later (you know, like "shoot first, think later", but the opposite).

3. I know that SA and CFPD are (OmG) BFF and probably UR wants to hold Gunnys' other hand but I wouldn't go that far as to say you were "an alliance". You are, on the other hand, a good follower of orders and that is a good atribute.

This warrant as it is, is not in itself another alternative to declaring war on PX (remember remember when you declared our monopoly as your own and instead of going to war we even made you discounts when letting you smuggle it -with this occasion, please take another look at paragraph no. 2-..) but an alternative to "mask" the war so that you'd get all benefits (attack us, "teach us a lesson", etc etc) but not the costs.

->>> I am trying to work with you and make this "Warrant" concept something that will enrich all RP (not just your own) while giving you more power and legitimacy in exchange for responsability and common sense.

As I've said, in order for this warrant concept to work, it has to have legitimacy. Without it it's just another "clan war". So, the arrest warrants need to be public so that everyone can see them (before they come in effect -even if it's 1 minute before) AND need to have a legitimate RP reason backed by proof (screens).
    Furthermore so that we totally separate any clan war from the "Warrant" concept, which is a totally neutral one (hey, a cop is just doing his/her job) warrants need to be issued to individuals not entire clans at a time (because that would be a war). Of course, IF in a certain timeframe alot of members of a clan (let's say more than 50%) get warants issued on them, then the clan may be declared as "lawless" and a general warrant (which could be longer than one week) could be issued on its members (warrant that gives a choice -fine, -jail, -or kos (RP kos) ). but for each warrant there would have to be -public posting of warrant, -legitimate rp reason BACKED by -proof. That's it, you receive but you also have to give back.

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• Arrest Warrants are nothing new, they were introduced 2 years ago by CFPD leadership. Most players here spent too much time crying about the enhanced RP instead of having fun with it hence the reason you may not have heard about them.

You commented to the effect that the warrants could be used as a clandestine way of war on PX, while I dont believe that is true from my position, what's the difference Steph? When PX blatanly enters SA territory and fires on SA without their consent? That IS and act of war and always has been, regardless of which clan you belong to. PX used it's charter as the "reason" and the "right" for that action in O3. PX has also engaged "contracts" in other systems owned by other clans. While I am not advised on your deals with other clans, I am willing to bet at least one of them doesn't permit such action and quite frankly, never has.

Now to assume UR and SA hold my hand is childish on your part. You can quit the jabs and insults to SA , UR and others you may have a problem with or attempting to incite resentment. It's not a secret that PX targets anything and everything that I am involved in and it's not a secret that I am going to make your life as difficult as possible while I am online ( take a screenie for your albums) , but it would be well advised to not use me or my associations with SA or UR as a means to throw stones at them. PX caused this issue with SA due to the actions of PX, not only in O3 but in other scenarios which have been documented in this forum in a number of places. As you say, keep it RP.

Warrants are simple: One kill and the warrant is served. Public announcement of the warrant is mandatory prior to the attempted arrest.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Edited 2 times, last by Gunny ().

warrants need to be issued to individuals not entire clans at a time

Agreed. However, for this to work properly the identity of the individual must not be masked by similar nickname's between the clans - I am assuming that a warrant encompasses ALL characters of that individual.

You know what I am referring to. If that warrant is issued on one of your Members and that individual switches between, let's say his 'Knight_XI' and 'Knight_VII' chars and there are one or two chars more with a similar nickname 'Knight_IX' and 'Knigt_VI' then this will confuse the person going after that warrant. It is not our duty to know which one really is behind the 'Knight' char, and it is certainly not our duty to constantly look in which system that individual just switched to - this is, as far as I know, not included within the police RP (also bear in mind that not everyone is familiar with Roman numbers). This defeats the purpose to act 'within the scope of RP' as this, quite on the contrary, would disturb the flow of action and frustrate the people involved. Obviously, this does not include nicknames that are completely different from each other; for e.g. Shockwave switches to another char called 'Trollwave' (^_^) or whatever other nick... we can quickly learn who that person is and it would not confuse us (at least a 'reasonable person' with common sense would)

I also agree on the 'general warrant' idea... which would negate what I mentioned above, yet the threshold of more than 50% will take a while to get to (unless people get very 'warrant' happy)

Also the 'we name ourselves 'Knights' because it reflects our clan policy and this is an internal matter that does not concern you' is not a legit stance to take here. As I stated above, it would eventually disrupt a proper functioning of the 'warrant' concept which is supposed to allow for a wider application of RP (and not make it worse - people crying and whining around all the time)

(on a side note @PX - out of this context - I though it was made clear to your clan that this whole 'Knight' thing was supposed to stop once 1.8 comes out? Feel free to send me a PM to explain to me why you continue to do so)

other than that... I agree with StepahnoV... mostly ;D

... im just procrastinating in the library btw

back to studying ^_^

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• I think it would be a good idea for balance that non cop clans can apply for a warrant on someone due to illegal activities. It would need proof though.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• Click the image above to visit us.

Edited once, last by SA_ARROW ().

• Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Too much lecture for me. MODERATION NOTE (SA_ARROW) : For me too !

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Now back to the warrants: Easy rp, its one kill per warrant per character. Warrant served
    MODERATION NOTE (SA_ARROW) : Thx for calling back the topic !!! :thumbup:

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• MODERATION NOTE (SA_ARROW) : You got called back to topic...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 2 times, last by SA_ARROW ().

• i admit i stopped reading replies in DW's first paragraph against Gunny... Here is my reply to StephanoV directly...

This warrant will go like it is for now (unless PX gives me 50M right away ^^).

I agree we should not put a whole clan on warrant for future reference but in this offense there were no screenshots taken and the 2 or 3 PX names couldnt be retraced but we know they were PX and many eye withness can testify. Hence, targetting the clan as a whole because anyway, last time i checked, the actions of a clan member has to reflect the actions of the whole clan.... If a member fails, the clan is responsible but generally, the clan leaders take disciplinary actions towards their faulty member and the other clan feels satisfied of the settlement and drop the case. Now in this precise case, PX supported the deeds of their members hence assumed 100% of responsability of what their members did. So targettign the clan as a whole is not "wrong".

I got that bounty (at first it was a bounty) idea from Abras who posted a public bounty not long ago... But you told me bounties were to be earned by mercs only, which is true in the rules but i didnt want PX to profit from this bounty by just killing themselves to earn the money. So i thought about this old warrants from CFPD i remembered back in 1.7... Gunny told me that the warrant shouldnt include any money reward so i dropped it. The warrant concept is nothing more than "announcing", in a RP way, that the police wish to arrest a crimnal. There is no longer official reward/bounty (except a friendly-side agreement to compensate for the time and ammo of our friends, which is not that bad) so nothing could be really gained except making the criminal an example not to contest the Police authorities which is soemthing only police officers should benefit from or ask for.

And about why we cdon't want pirates/smugglers to act under this warrant, it's quite simple : if the NYPD issues a warrant on a bank robber, do you really think Bronx street gangs and drug dealers will be autorized to proceed to the arrets ? nope. Perhaps COMMISSIONED bounty hunters will but in this case we dont wish to hire any head hunter...

So to resume, we could add it in the rules if you want :

----------------
    WARRANTS :
    Police Officers can issue warrants for the arrest of a freelancer, a clan member or his entire clan (if this clan leadership assumes responsability of member's action). Only Police Officers or COMMISSIONNED mercenaries (optionnal) can act under a warrant.

Warrants for arrest will last for a period of time of max 24 hours during which the target of the warrant can be killed ONCE (every member of targetted clan can each be killed once) by the persons autorized to act under this warrant unless the target surrenders and agree to the conditions of the warrant post, in that case the warrant is deemed as served. To proceed to an arrest, an officer MUST announce that there is a warrant for arrest. If the target as already been killed, it should inform the officer so and the warrant will be void for this target (if the warrant includes multiple targets, these can chased if they havent been arrested yet).

A warrant post should include :

Target : Individual or multiple (clan).
    Date of effect : YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM SERVERTIME.
    Duration : Min 1 hour / Max 24 hours.
    Reason : RP reason only.
    Proofs (screenshot, eyewithness testimony) : simple....
    Surrender conditions (fine) : Financial or other compensation to make the warrant "served".
    (Optionnal)Commissioned Mercenaries : None/All mercs/Selected mercs.

Warrant should be posted in the Police Alliance Roleplay board on the SWAT forums for everyone to see.

The same as bounties, the target cannot switch characters or hide in non-RP systems to avoid this RP.
    ----------------

In this precise case, the warrant would be :

Target : All |PX| members.
    Date of effect : 24 hours after last utimatum was issued to pay the fine (sorry i havent checked the time yet)
    Duration : 24 hours.
    Reason : For breaking law in Omega-3, few PX member were asked for fines. Since the clan leadership refused to pay these fines, the Silver Arrows resolved to post a warrant for the arrest of all PX members unti lthe PX Knight Council accepts to pay the required fines plus interests of 20M Sirius Credits.
    Proofs : Eyewithnesses : [CFPD]Gunny, SA_Maverick, SA_Dino can all testify that they were present whe nthe crime was commited. SA_FAABY who was involved in the negociations for settling the fine can also testify that the PX leadership refuses clearly to pay the fine.
    Surrender Conditions : pay the initial 30M fine plus interest of 20M for late-payment (total 50M Sirius credits).
    No mercenaries are commissioned for this warrant.

• MODERATION NOTE (SA_ARROW) : You got called back to topic...

Click the image above to visit us.

• Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• MODERATION NOTE (SA_ARROW): This post may contain dispute matter which could lead to unuseful flaming but also valid arguments regarding the topic : WARRANTS. Take whats good and leave what's bad.

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

Edited 2 times, last by SA_ARROW ().

• too much to read... way too much unimportant information
    that slp guy was doing crap ... he was even under my observation and thats it... let this damn topic rest now

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• You seem to be misleaded StephanoV :

1 - SA doesnt want a war so does PX (DW's words when we settled the Blueprints business). This warrant/attack in Omega-3 is a single case, not a war, and should be treated just like a car speeding fine : you pay the fine or you get arrested and sent to jail.

2 - Glad you made peace ! Us too ! Now the ceasefire was to last for 24 hours (DW's words again) to allow the tensions to drop and let SAC and PXKC discuss a settlement, which was done. After that, its back to daily business and it was agreed so between me and DW... You are mercs we are police.. we should conflict from time to time its only natural and that's how the RP is meant to be anyway...

Now i seriously agree with OP (for twice i'vent read all replies cause it was too long). Stop making thousands of post. you can argue with points without adding those little phrases meant to atatck ppl at the end of your replies.

The warrant discussion is worth it to clarify and possibly add it in the rules to cover any misunderstanding.

I've taken the initiative to revive the Warrants, let's play and see how it goes...

• @ Arrow...

I make long posts because alot has been said in the meantime I have 1000 cops jumping at my neck. Alot of those arguments were replies to things that should not have been posted in the first place. You cannot expect to throw dirt at me and then that I would not defend myself! Op was not reffering only to me but to all that posted here.
    I did not put any "little phrases meant to attack people at the end". If somebody reads something and feels "guilty" about what he read, that 's his own business.

We do not want a war on SA either but you seem to force it on us. You chose a path. We responded.

About the "warrant" concept. We'll see how this one playes out and then we'll see how to improve it. I still think that you are making the police RP into an uber RP, taking on bounties (merc) while asking for tax (pirate).

If you want a new RP concept then let's all work on it and optimise it. If you want an excuse to start a war then don't bother, just say so.

So what is it out of those 2?

EDIT:
    P.S You understand, however, what a "Pandoras' " box you opened when you made "Warrants" be issued on "eyewitness" accounts...this would spell Disaster for the Server. (more) Cop Hegemony...

Edited once, last by StephanoV ().

• I believe I entered the correct idea of a Warrant and it's very simple. It's not a new concept or action. So I fail to see the problem.

How does PX get to enter a clan system, fire on the owning clan without cause and then claim SA as the aggressor? Anyway, I still suggest we discuss the Warrant rp and make it correct.

• Really m8 we don't ask for war.... Its nothing forced on you. You said you respected our move to ask a fine/post warrant but didnt agree with it, well, why not just hold for one more day and this case will be forever closed (warrant served or not). I will add this to my rule proposal... if a warrant is not served, another warrant for the same issue cannot be posted.

About cracks and irony (inteded for EVERYONE HERE) : Just drop'em ! its unavoidable, ppl will stop taking them as jokes and will reply seriously and another flaming will ignite. Just avoid it it will save us to know if you are mean or simply joking. And honestly none of the cracks above seem to be intended as jokes cause they are way to violent and displaying the commonly known feelings of their writers and targets....

And i really do want this warrant concept to return. Its no excuse to start a war, in fact its to stop one (close this damn dispute once and for all over the Omega-3 assault from PX).

So here is my initial proposal with few modifications, we can start from here :

=======================================================================================================

WARRANTS :
    Police Officers can issue warrants for the arrest of a freelancer, a clan member or his entire clan (if this clan's leadership assumes responsability of its member's action). Only Police Officers or optionnal COMMISSIONNED mercenaries (acting as law enforcer in this context) can act under a warrant.

Warrants for arrest will mention no reward/bounty and will last for a period of time betweeen 1 and 24 hours during which the target of the warrant can be killed only ONCE (In case of multiple targets, each can be killed once) by the law enforcers authorized to act under this warrant. The target(s) may also surrender and agree to the conditions of the warrant post. In that case the warrant shall be deemed as served and no longer be usable.

To proceed to an arrest, an officer MUST announce that there is a warrant for arrest with the following phrasing : "[Player name], you are under arrest as specified in the [poster] warrant #[number]. [Tell how the target can save the death penalty]". If the target as already been killed, it should inform the officer so and the warrant will be void for this target (if the warrant includes multiple targets, these can chased if they havent been arrested yet).

A warrant post should include :

Target : Individual or multiple (clan).
    Date of effect : YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM SERVERTIME.
    Duration : Min 1 hour / Max 24 hours.
    Reason : RP reason only.
    Proofs : Screenshots only
    Surrender conditions : Financial or other compensation to make the warrant as "served".
    (Optionnal)Commissioned Mercenaries : None/All mercs/Selected mercs.

Warrant should be posted in the Police Alliance Roleplay board on the SWAT forums for everyone to see. As soon as a target is killed or has surrendered, it should post a reply in the corresponding warrant thread that the warrant has been server with a (timed : flhook /time) screenshot of the kill or the screenshot of the verbal agreement between the target and the law enforcer. As long as this action is not completed, the case cannot be officially closed. The law enforcer can post the outcome too but the task is on the target shoulders to avoid him getting arrested again.

The same as bounties, the target cannot switch characters or hide in non-RP systems to avoid this RP.

A reason used to post a Warrant may only be used once (to prevent cops abuse). If the warrant has not been served in time, it can no longer be the object of a new warrant. (note that a general crime (smuggling) is not a reason but the precise event of such crime may be (x smuggled y at z time).

=======================================================================================================

Now let's discuss...

(EDIT : Gunny : let's move on please... they were behaving bad in a RP way if they wish to believe they are right and don't admit it was wrong, they will face guns, not forum posts...)