Thankyou....and Farewell

There are 26 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Thankyou to everyone who offered me their assistance in learning my way around this most magnificent mod, Some genuinely nice and helpful people, Daywalker, Forlorn and Shockwave to name a few. :thumbsup:

Thankyou to all the over zealous role players who persist in hounding me over my choice of ship ingame forcing me to explain my choice over and over again :cursing:, it shall trouble you no more as I am weary of it, and going to unload Crossfire. I regret any inconvenience caused.

Farewell and good hunting to you all.

Time is an illusion.............

Lunchtime doubly so !!

• is that really neccessary?
    i thought there are ways to talk about it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Pity that you want leave Zool :( . Pls try reconsider your decision and not give up so fast. I found here many good friends in short time. Sure, start is not as easy in CF, but there is much fun after you learn how to manage your own course and taking own choices what want to do.

• People are opinionated and are always willing to tell you which ship they think is best. I've had countless people knock my decision to fly the Shroud and Bullpup MK3. "Lagg and APC are so much better!" they'd say. So what? People will question every decision you make in life, that's just the reality of things. If that's enough to drive you away, sorry to hear that. Good luck, sayonara.

• ""@ Nothingtown14
    "People are opinionated and are always willing to tell you which ship they think is best."

It's nothing like that mate, that sort of opinion is ok with me. It's the being targeted because I want to fly a specific ship that "belongs" to a specific aspect of the game (as most people see it) and I'm not part of that, that I am being questioned repeatedly, It's getting really annoying.

Lunchtime doubly so !!

• Ok guys, let me try to explain. I have read the server rules, several times. I have visited most clan sites and attempted to find their rules. it's a lot of rules, conditions, exceptions etc. granted as an RP game this is going to be the case, I accept that. Finding everyone's (clan's) rules, conditions etc is not a simple thing for someone new to crossfire and it's rather confusing trying to keep track of it all.

Simply put, my favourite ship is the Redemption VHF, buyable at Station Hope in Tarsus (CFPD). I am constantly being asked if I have permission to use that ship, mostly by a particular clan, whom I assume is allied with CFPD and is looking out for their interests, fair enough. Yes I did purchase the ship without the express permission of anyone from CFPD, however I have been unable to find (before and after I bought it) any restrictions on it's purchase. Also upon leaving the station with my new ship when purchased I was requested to pay a system tax (I assume he was/is CFPD). When I didn't respond to him he shot me down. At no time did this player tell me I could not use the ship, ask if I had permission to buy it or anything like that. After a talk about me being new to the game and how "taxes" etc work he let me go on my way.

Last night (my time), I was again asked, by a player in a system on the other side of the universe, if I was the guy with the redemption, did I have permission, etc. if not he's gonna have to fine me or kill me.
    Tired of this scenario I explained, yet again my situation. After this I decided that if I'm gonna be questioned by every space jockey who's got something to prove then I might as well quit playing as it's not enjoyable.

So what's the decision guys, can I have my ship and be left in peace to freelance until such time as I decide on a clan to join once I have got to know a few more people better?
    If not because it's a police ship and I'm not a policeman then fair enough, I'll find something else to fly.

Now I realise that it might be a bit of work for someone, but would it be possible for either a section on the server rules or a clearly marked section in this forum that provides clan rules or links directly to clan rules within their own forums/websites so that people like me who want to join in the role playing experience and community can be aware of what's what without having to spend a lot of time trying to hunt down all the rules.
    For example I noticed a posting the other day where DC posted their updated clan rules :thumbup: good one guys.

Thankyou all.

Lunchtime doubly so !!

• such a section exists, zool : http://www.swat-portal.com/php…php?page=Board&boardID=79

Its all in stickies...

We both know age is rarely, if ever indicative of maturity.

My suggestion would be for clans to keep track of who they've given permission to and what it was regarding. Is it a hassle for the clans? Sure. But better to hassle the clans than the new players who just want to enjoy the game without being pestered nonstop.

• its probably SA that reported edemptio nuse to CFPD... sorry Zool, WE dont keep tabs on who got permissio nwe jsut report it to michael and he decides if its cleared or not i guess few of him members are not good at it like he does...

• Zool: you got PM.

• Thankyou all for your input. Now I know where to find all the rules I shall be well prepared (I hope) to fit in better.
    I am going to ask Michael for a decision on usage of the redemption and will abide buy it. And should I be allowed to use the redemption as my main ship I hope that will be the end of it.

Lunchtime doubly so !!

• I admit it is not easy to find clan system rules with all the trolling in the topics, specially
    for newcomers.

I wonder is there would be a way to keep those threads "clean" with only one post
    per clan summerizing the rules? (instead of having to go through pages and pages
    to find info here and there, that is possibly outdated anyway?

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Lucy once worked out the overview of clans and an abstract of their rules on the crossfire homepage. It gives a slight overview of which clan owns which system. When it comes on buying ships of clan spaces then in my opinion there is nothing less to care than this. Its the clans responsibility to enforce their rules at the given time of action and not harrasing players who bought a ship weeks or months ago. I would ignore those hails.

I think i know that your intention is not to hurt anyone especially as "newcomer" to the mod. But in this case you didnt treated anyone wrong - so be happy with what you have and enjoy the time you are playing (also if that means to ignore some messages directed to you ;D).

signature.png

• 42?...Oh, for the moment i've thought he is about 12, but well-educated ;)

Lol, yeah I guess I can come across like that at times, (and Bond, my :girl_devil: agrees with you, though don't we all have an inner child that screams now and then?), however as a MP game player for many years (try playing WoW every day for a few years and see what you have to put up with, it's one of the reasons I left) I guess I am just tired of people's sh_t and reached a point where I felt like making one.

And one good thing has come from it, I get a better idea about some of my fellow gamers from the replies and help I have received, :thumbsup: . Also now I and other noobs who read this thread will perhaps find the location of all the clan rules easier.

If forum admin is open to a suggestion, a sticky with a big "NEWCOMERS, READ THIS BEFORE YOU START PLAYING" (editable by clan admin only) would be a great help I think.

As Faaby said: "I admit it is not easy to find clan system rules with all the trolling in the topics, specially for newcomers."

Lunchtime doubly so !!