Suggestion: Docking on Player Ownable Battleships?

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• anyone?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As i remember if BS die u will die too, but if BS for any reason log off, there is 2 possibility:
    1. You will be teleported back at ur last docking location( the location where you dock or left-undock from BS, game will create save- check point that way)...or
    2. You will need to restart ur char in order to play again! (I am not sure about this)

• ********QUOTE*****As i remember if BS die u will die too, but if BS for any reason log off, there is 2 possibility:
    1. You will be teleported back at ur last docking location( the location where you dock or left-undock from BS, game will create save- check point that way)...or
    2. You will need to restart ur char in order to play again! (I am not sure about this)
    Idea!*
    If these things happen...maybe the server will redirect the player onto a remote station/escape pod?
    Or....the server will kick the docked player so when they log back on they will be back on last docked **base**

for some reason....quote does not work 0_o

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Edited once, last by Your_uncle ().

• Just to make things easier, Maybe you should just have a fuction to allow BS user to open thier docking gate, then the Fighter flys in, BS closes docking gate. And fighter is safe, acts like a shield, And can also be classed as a dock... You don't have to actually dock on the player. just be protected by the player. Sort of the same thing..... I suppose you could have a gun also in the docking space that repairs fighter. So it could be like landing on a base for repairs. Just thinking out loud.

• @ Fud : that is already possible, if you jettison a commodity the bay opens and a fighter may get in. The problem is that is the BS of the fighter moves there is a collision and both are propulsed in opposed directions thus making the BS spin and the fighter out.

Following OP's comment it think i can answer : Yeah someone from staff can reply on this : NO. we have decided it's not a priority for 1.9. Our focus is elsewhere because docking on BS has not enough value to be worth the development (wont start explaining here). btw, with cloaking devices, we shall have a similar effects... hide your numbers then decloak to attack = dock on bs and undock / cloak to avoid enemy fire = dock to avoid enemy fire. And cloaking will be much cooler don't ya think ?

No matter that sitting in a BS for 30 mins while the BS flies around will be 100% dull....

• the Flhook coders have the say on this matter

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The only server i know, where you can "dock" at cruiser and battleships is the Hamburg City server - but you dont dock realy. You can use it as a mobile spawn point. If you are in group with the bs you can type /dock but your ship is still in space and if you go dead you spawn at the point of the bs.
    Its good for attacking enemy bases or hunting in areas where the next station is too far to go in action again.
    If the carrier dies your spawnpoint moved to the next dockable station - sometimes its the enemy base :)

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side

I was a sailor. I was born upon the tide
    And with the sea I did abide.

I fly a starship across the Universe divide
    And when I reach the other side
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
    Perhaps I may become a highwayman again...

Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
    But I will remain
    And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again..

Chars: Bonanza Chingachcook Comanchero Goyathlay Highwayman Klondike Last.Mohican Tecumseh The.Iron.Horse

• the Flhook coders have the say on this matter

sorry, but i am currently not working on player dockable playerships. and this feature is not on top of list for the next releases...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Maybe it should be for clans, for like a war... get 2-3 people docked and they will all leave the ship once they reach the destination!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Cloak: Nobody uses it, as ppl fight asf csf and arena (exceptionally x-3043) and that's about all the action (Not counting boring traders and trading)
    Player dockable battleships=SUPER GREAT for clans with 1+ active players and not to mention it would add quite a bit of touch to the whole asf csf system invasion without docking idea

Imaginary story (every similarity with real time asf csf status is accidental):

CSF plans to strike Cortez which is currently under ASF control, but they are forced to do it without actually docking inside the wanted system. How will they manage? They are outnumbered, their leaders are bad strategists, or soldiers do not obey direct commands. Suddenly, a bright young CSF pilot named DiabOlo (not me^^) comes up with the idea to organise a group attack using a CSF carrier which cannot be destroyed that easily, but is literarly useless in combat as it is mainly a transporter only.
    ASF forces are suprised as their scouts reported only 1 or 2 incoming ships, are now they're up against 10 heavy fighters.

Now, for this to work, carrier ("player dockable battleship" - carrier would be a better idea, since battleship is a battle ship, not a carrier ^^) has to have plenty of hull, at least 500k, not heavily armed so it wouldn't be abused, should be able to carry at least 7-8 ppl onboard.

• I like that idea Diablo... But include something for the people aboard to actually do. Also, although there have been quite a few posts, nobody really answered my question, what I meant was is there somebody who actually has control of that part of the coding who would be able to have a debate over this.

"I will either find a way, or make one."

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Cloak: Nobody uses it, as ppl fight asf csf and arena (exceptionally x-3043) and that's about all the action (Not counting boring traders and trading)

:thumbdown:

Cloak is actually great option for taxing and many other things, but this is not the first time u show us ZERO imagination when it comes about RP!
    8).

• actually we have

and haegar is the one doing the most coding work and the one who has to put the code samples together

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• WE DO??? THATS GREAT!!!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!