Next week - new changes

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC){Dark_Angel}.

• Another week is almost over and again important changes have been done. Most of it is not that noticable as last week but still very important as they deal with future features. But lets start with the minor changes first.

• again a few style changes have been done to make the look of the 2 SWAT styles perfect mainly affected by this are the user profiles and the message editors (wysiwyg), those get displayed now without any style problems additionally i am preparing atm a new set of unique bbcode styles that i will introduce within the next few days
    • again Ive been working this week to improve the forum structure.... this will be finished tomorrow with the introduction of a set of new forum boards and a restructuration of the FL section
    • a major problem with the main menu could be finally fixed so active menu buttons stay active as long you are on that part of the portal
    • a set of new forum fonts has been installed -> detailed info will be introduced to the FAQ asap
    • we have a new/old moderator (back)... Huor re-joined the staff to help with some future features
    • several display improvements were done to our gallery mainly the album view has been improved aswell has the source code of the different galleries but also the sidebar got some new features such as 2 new dynamic albums for the last updated images and the most popular images. some moderators used the past week to work on the gallery items and added some impressive details to the images
    • of course our download database also got updated with some new downloads (maybe there is something for you)
    • probably one of the most important updates is that the activity system (activity points) here on the portal have been completly updated -> as already announced I plan to link the game server with the portals activity system and the use of the portal features will become very important for the gameplay on the server. Activity points are just like the name says based on the activity of every user -> that includes the USE of the entire portal (not only posts are counted)
    • connected with this activity systems (based on the activity points) is already the new rank design of the portal... very likely all of you have notived that we got a very cool new ranking system here with some nice custom graphics (i love them even more knowing that no other side has something like that) Tthe new rank system might get even more important as i am going to bind some privileges to the different ranks -> active members will benefit from it. A complete overview of all available ranks can be found on our help: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…ge=Help&item=usercp.ranks As you might notice high ranks are not easy to get... and that is good this way... as the Portal becomes more and more important people will for sure gain more activity points.
    • The initial work on the new mod database has been started ... but there is still a long way to go.
    • This week reformed "leader council" (lets just call it that way) came together to discuss about possibilities to improve recruitment management and different possibilities to help new clans aswell as existing clans with site management... once a finaly solution has been found it will be announced
    • It was requested to establish ASF and CSF forums here at SWAT, moderated by the faction leaders... i intent to approve this request but go even a step further -> detailed info will be released soon

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That's a lot of work :S You should receive a medal ^^ Wait, you're already the admin, so you have the best medal :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i forgot to mention that the staff members are working on the new Award system aswell... that will be introduced within the next 1-2 weeks

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'll definitely be more active, but mostly on the server. I'll come to the forums to check out the latest and greatest news of happening events and such, as well as make some posts. Most of my time will be devoted to getting my characters set up and helping CA with recruitment management and rebuilding the clan, so the leader decision on how to help with that will...well, be a great help.

Oh, and OP...thanks for the work you've put into the mod, and sticking with the community. I remember perusing the forums several months ago and you weren't too happy. I'm glad to see that things have improved with you and the rest of the community, however small that improvement may be. :thumbup:

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• probably you can rethink the new dark buttons - black glass style, silver and dark matt grey - thats nearly hurting...

Click the image above to visit us.

• suggestion?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• bright ones?
    black ones?
    different color?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Something like this?

I use green from arrows here + darker shade of green to the bottom of the second button

• a bit too green in my eyes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• not getting better - sorry

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• sorry - id prefer not to use anything with red borders or structure as nothing on this portal has red borders or such structures

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the dark buttons look good now in the bottom

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf