Crossfire 1.82

There are 382 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• To solve the problem with people mounting 2 standard RP licenses:

Currently licenses mounting point are class 8 if I'm not mistaken. Would it be possible to modify the standard RP licenses to be class 10 and modify one of the mounting point to only accept class 10 licenses? That way only one slot could be occupied by a cop, merc, smuggler or pirate license. Theoretical with this system people could still mount 2 ASF/CSF licenses but I think people wouldn't make that mistake.

mounting points:
    1 lvl 8
    1 lvl 10

licenses:
    pirates: lvl 10
    cops: lvl 10
    merc: lvl 10
    smuggler: lvl 10

ASF: lvl 8
    CSF: lvl 8

ps: If I'm mistaken on how this works feel free to ignore my suggestion.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• I was docked at planet Roma in Purian Lake and did talk with a local bar visitor (from BOW) and he wanted to upload the position of New London to my neural net.
    I agreed and the following message appeared:

Copia di Alien_Creatures_Wallpaper_1280x960_wallpaperhere.jpg

Hope this could be fixed... I also could fix it if you would tell me where and what i have to look for...

signature.png

• This is really a minor minor thing, but the Sidewinder Station in Alaska has the description of Newark Station (New York)... If necessary, we could come up with a description of some kind for you to just copy/paste, if you want.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I was docked at planet Roma in Purian Lake and did talk with a local bar visitor (from BOW) and he wanted to upload the position of New London to my neural net.
    I agreed and the following message appeared:

Copia di Alien_Creatures_Wallpaper_1280x960_wallpaperhere.jpg

Hope this could be fixed... I also could fix it if you would tell me where and what i have to look for...

Do you realy expect to get the correct informations in a bar of a pirate system? realy?? I like that feature :)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Meh i get that evry time i buy Info in a bar. After i pay it exits the Map and give me the infocard on some ship on some planet (always difrent)

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• Also a minor detail - in Sol, when docking on Jupiter -> Earth tradelane, on both sides you enter below that TL emitter thingy.
    Dunno if that's an error or it just has to be that way.

• I just wondered about the waypoints >.>
    You can't set any "best path" through jumpholes, It's really annoying if you e.g. want to go to utopia or sol.

And I found out something about the "noob protection", I don't know if it's a bug or just real protection:
    Create a new char, and don't fire one shot. Then youre invincible untill you shoot or untill you buy a new ship.

• The trade lane thing yes, but well, it's a different lane ^^ so large, it'd have energy only for 1 tunnel

The waypoints, if you double click on any jhole, you see it sais hazard adn other warnings, from teh game, those holes are nothing safe, and not a place for a fighter to pass through all the time ^^ So the waypoints don't read them.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Uh, I remembered one more - capital ship docking on GMG base next to the Hypergate and on Triangulum Base docks 1, 2 & 3. Simply, it doesn't work and the screen gets stuck during the docking animation.
    Dunno if people are even supposed to be able to dock there with capitals... (I tried with a Destroyer, a UR tried with Rheinland Cruiser, both failed.)

• The Stations are by OP not supposed to be dockable, It´s for every Station of this type the same - for example Newark, Bonn, Sidewinder and so on.

• Ah, sorry then. Didn't even try to dock DS anywhere else.

• It's logical you can't dock a station which is smaller than your ship xD

Even that... the RH Cruiser is sold at triangulum... well.... it's still on beta :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• yes, you can't dock that station once you undocked with the ones they sell... still they have BSes in hangar which is a kind of bug/exception of logical stuff :D

• Hehehe, ok. Then ignore this specific issue.

As for another tertiary-type bug, the exhaust of Lagg's primary thrusters is a few units (in lack of better term, i don't know what 3D coordinate units are) to the right, when Lagg is viewed from behind. :D
    (Yes, I split a lot of hairs.) :bohsw:

• yes, you can't dock that station once you undocked with the ones they sell... still they have BSes in hangar which is a kind of bug/exception of logical stuff :D

Most of the Stations in FL have docking points, where the trains and CapShips can stay outside of the Station but they are still docked. Thats the way how the Stations get supplies. You can see/hear this often in the Border Worlds when the Trains are going to dock that stations.

The mentioned Stations are not dockable for Capships/Trains for not producing ubertraderoutes. If it would be able to dock those Stations (Goliath, Chasins Class etc.) we would have routes which would make us to billionairs in no time. I remember a discussion where we asked to make it possible and the explanation was what i wrote before. So it would be the hell of work to rewrite all the Routefiles for several days and control every possible route not to make uberroutes possible. Since the focus of 1.82 will hopefully stay on maintenance i doubt that CF will get this feature before 1.9 (which isn´t secure yet if you follow the forum discussions).

• Well, jsut leave tis point for later... it's not something needed at all. What, trains and battleships don't have enough with the planets and stations with moors ? :P