All Eyes On The World Cup 2010...Who's Going To Win The Crown?

There are 107 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Every four years the world stops revolving for a month to watch the biggest event on the planet.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2170/y4xetiv3_png.htm[/img]

...Here's The Matchups...

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2170/gxiyw8i9_png.htm[/img]

Of course England will prevail and conquer the masses to capture the most coveted trophy on the planet. :)

Who do you tnink will win?

• lol, that invisible country on the map was already eliminated :P

Who knows.... maybe USA ! xP

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Apart from Brazil winning in Sweden in 1958, and maybe 1 or 2 other odd occassions - usually a team from that continent wins the World Cup.

It would be nice to see an African team do well - but I doubt it - I do predict one of them does very well.

Year Host Country Winner Score
    1930 Uruguay Uruguay Uruguay 4-2 Argentina
    1934 Italy Italy Italy 2-1 Czechoslovakia
    1938 France Italy Italy 4-2 Hungary
    1942 not held
    1946 not held
    1950 Brazil Uruguay Uruguay 2-1 Brazil
    1954 Switzerland Germany Germany 3-2 Hungary
    1958 Sweden Brazil Brazil 5-2 Sweden
    1962 Chile Brazil Brazil 3-1 Czechoslovakia
    1966 England England England 4-2 Germany
    1970 Mexico Brazil Brazil 4-1 Italy
    1974 Germany Germany Germany 2-1 Holland
    1978 Argentina Argentina Argentina 3-1 Holland
    1982 Spain Italy Italy 3-1 Germany
    1986 Mexico Argentina Argentina 3-2 Germany
    1990 Italy Germany Germany 1-0 Argentina
    1994 US Brazil Brazil 3-2 Italy
    1998 France France France 3-0 Brazil
    2002 Japan / S. Korea Brazil Brazil 2-0 Germany
    2006 Germany Italy Italy 1-1 (5-3) France

Personally I think Brazil or Argentina but maybe Spain are still not peaking yet and have more to give -

Where are you Tito?

And I hate this bit - but I also predict the Germans will get further than old Eng Ger Land!! C'mon you lions!

• Playing football in South Africa at this time of the year is the perfect weather, especially for European teams. I mentioned before I love England, but also give a nod towards Holland, Germany, and Spain. My favorite underdogs are South Korea , Australia, or the US.

It's going to be a spectacular event with loads of goals...what else could stop me playing CF for a month. :thumbsup:

• Let the games begin...

All eyes will be focused on the World Cup for the next month.

The first major battle will be England vs USA, Saturday June 12.

My level of anticipation is equal to my first time entering the Altair System.

I remember as a kid going to an english soccer game between Brighton and Millwall, some crazy fans were chucking darts at each other. And I thought the hostile aliens were badass.

Off to Earth to park my ship for a while to watch this great spectacle. :thumbsup:

• Let the games begin... The first major battle will be England vs USA, Saturday June 12. Off to Earth to park my ship for a while to watch this great spectacle. :thumbsup:

Then you better hurry, you only have days to arrive back on Earth :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• World Cup 2010 Update: :thankyou:

Group A

South Africa 1 vs 1 Mexico

Uruguay 0 vs 0 France

Group B

South Korea 2 vs 0 Greece

Argentina 1 vs 0 Nigeria

Group C

England 1 vs 1 USA

So far a great tournament in South Africa, with some great goals. I wonder how many Africans play Freelancer? :)

• Hups :D

• Being of English descent...I must live with the shame of this terrible mistake.

Robert Green, England's keeper, won't even be able to get a job picking up the soap bar in the men's public shower room.

I like to strap him to an asteriod in the Omega 41 system, then bring out all the little Corsair pilots for target practice. :vinsent:

Oh well...the World Cup...always full of surprises...

That noise you're referring to Huor is like being inside a oil barrel as it drops over Niagara Falls...it's sooooo irritating...

That humming noise is causing quite the media backlash and what's funny is that many world cup viewers thought something was wrong with their tv's. :roflmao:

• The stupid FIFA keeps trying to delete our videos, hahaha good that we have 10 copyes and we'll still have them again and again. What copyright, it's public anyway xD

• anything wrong with the top teams this year?
    so far they didnt look good on the green
    ok there are exceptions but...

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• some people claims about the new ball... a lame excuse id say: they had time enough to get used to that ball using it during the previous year, as french and germans did on their local leagues

anyways, i expect the perfomance of the top teams gets better in the next rounds...
    ...i liked germany, btw

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• So far trying to watch all the games - hey the WC is every four years only - but my bosses at work are closing down the BBC and ITV websites.

Anyway - quite like some of the Asian teams football - seems exciting and direct. Thought Italy had lots of potential - they know how to win and are very direct and ruthless.

England - hugh sigh - are a disgrace. Emile Heskey should not play and P Crouch should - what we lose in "Holding up play" by 10% factor we gain "Scoring gaols" by 10000000000000000% factor.

But England are so crap - some of the commentators make me laugh cussing off other teams that play better than England.

I have Germany down in the office sweep stakes - can someone let me have some good German phrases about football please?

Az

• what about "Milan or Madrid - doesn't matter - mainly Italy" ;)
    Was a German phrase of one popular football player...

I hope that Mr. Green (I call him Greenhorn) is doing the same job if we Germans will meet each other in the first shootout (eights final).
    Related to Italy - well probably they are good in football - but they seems to have more talent in stumbleing over the green floor, fall down so the opposite team gets penalties. In the last WC they even trained to stumble and let themselves fall about every little sward :)
    I don't like their football mainly due to this fact - henceforth I cross my fingers for Germany^^

signature.png

• rofl Milan or Madrid.... maybe he didn't knew "mainly Spain" won the last championship.

Anyways somebody aleady has the crown... ANC ! (the clan :D )