When Did You First Feel You Were In The CrossFire Mod?

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I've played Freelancer since it first came out in 2003, and have played many good and not so good mods since then. For me CrossFire is Freelancer 2, it's a great (big) mod with many improvements and new challenges.

Now that I've said all that, I'm sure I'll get an invitation to OP's next Christmas party...

But seriously, I felt the true experience of CrossFire for the first time when I entered the SOL system through the dimensional rift. It was like something wonderful was going to happen...and so far it has.

• That's a pretty good one Uncleglennie, however the first time I really knew this was like no other mod was when I first entered the X-3043 system...

The next time it was when I came into the Sovetskaya system...

After that, the many Dom'Kavash systems in Altair... Immediately afterwards my blood pressure rose, broke a sweat and I would have many OHSHI... OHSHI... OHSHI... moments. :D :D :D

More recently, it was going though the GMG Hypergate into the Inner Core and seeing what was supposed to be in the original Freelancer, now in the Inner Core system in the Crossfire mod, the incredible cosmic singularity, a Black Hole. (what was originally supposed to be in a "Omega-13" system)

There are probably more oooooohh and ahhhh moments I've had in game since 1.8's release, but those are probably the main ones. :] 8)

• Hell, I got impressed in the first 5 minutes - docking out of Manhattan and the first thing I saw were several fleets of capital vessels, including Rheinland ones... And about an hour later, I saw Bethany's ship docking on Manhattan. It had a holoemitter, so that was a pretty awesome sight...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Well my first contact with the Dom'Kavash was the first spark that ignited mostly everything i did in this game afterwards ! It motivated me to initiate the Silver Arrows at the first place :) I enjoyed much the Earth sight on the way to Altair teh first time... I'm kinda nostalgic (of the moment we lvie right now by thinking if i would be i nthe future.. might not make sense but that's it !).

• 1st time: custodian as it was the very first system created for the mod
    2nd time: custodian when all the new players which illegally tried to cross the system ran into the mine field

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Custodian for me, too.

I left Manhattan, made a few runs to Pittsburgh, then went to Rochester looking for a Wasp. Stumbled onto the jump to Custodian and found a vast, apparently empty, system with a big-ass mine field in it.

Thought for a second and decided that a mine field that big must be hiding something good....

:D

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• I agree with the uncle at the top.

Custodian with the minefield was interesting and X303 was unusual with all the gates - but going to Earth was like "Hang on - what is this?" and going through the rift was my first "This is f amazing" moment where you would have heard a loud whooping of delight and astonishment - if everyone else in the house were not already asleep.

• going through the rift was my first "This is f amazing" moment

Exactly!!!

I still get that way, plus I love the feeling you get when you are approaching the rift, you see it first, then it slowly gets larger and larger as you approach it. It reminds me of the way I felt when I finally got up the nerve to ask this cute girl to the school dance in grade 6. She was "hot" guys and certainly would of made the Punani list. :D

• My first time, was watching the old trailer video of Crossfire... then Custodian with X3043...then the DKs ^^ And as latest... the inner core and beyond systems... with the organic systems and all that heavenly music made me... feel.... gooood I just stood there and Enjoy the Sight and athmosphere.

CF was the first mod I tryed... after 2 years I tryed many other mods, but none like CF 1.6, 1.7 and less 1.8 ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis