CROSSFIRE 'n SWAT FUTURE an open letter

There are 140 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• I'm still in my own heavy issues, but I improve or tell about(if I can't myself) wherever I see an empty spot or bug.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Read his posts.

:)

Exactly.

The only point that I ever tried to make is that OP sometimes discourages people from wanting to help him.

PS: He misquoted me then ranted about his own mis-quotes. I have always been supportive of both OP and Crossfire.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Same thing happen to me.Only what you need to do is to chose words wisely and to do things first and to talk later.And yes i do not like his style sometimes, but if u take a look far behind this u will see some higher goals to achieve (of course if u really like this game and community and everything other than that is a mater of pride ;) )

In short we need to answer at his hails when the help is needed.

Die democracy...DIE
    ;)

• member of this community dont want democraty... otherwise they would come to meetings

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well i can see the argument cooling down.
    Really guys, u dont need to fight if the crew of a capship starts fighting then there is no hope for that capship.

We are ready to help.
    i WILL have a look at the links to the posts in which u have asked for help.
    i cant mod, code(well maybe a bit of C++).
    I can give ideas and use google.
    I sometimes feel worthless due to the fact i cant do stuff like animation, modding etc and i have a passion for computers.

And OP,
    If u don't already know then, most of the people here only know SWAT because of CF.
    And are only interested in CF(just for the record).
    And i need your permission for the thread i posted about(u dont have to have a look everyday all u need to do is tell us if the stuff we are posting is possible, our first priority would be to help u in the small things).

meh.

• a very limited point of view
    if i would abbandon CF then maybe the CF players would leave but others would join because the priorities get shifted

oh and actually i dislike this silence atm
    coz that means that ppl do what they usually do... nothing
    then one week does pass by... then the next... then a month is gone and very soon its 2011 without that any changes have been done

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• whats ur username there?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• invitation sent

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sry, OP .
    I could not help anywhere(told ya i feel worthless).
    I can help in stuff people need to find on the internet since my monitor is busted from 1 side and i cant play any full screen game and i assume that FL cant be played in the other window mode(you know, the smaller version) :( .

meh.

• one month passed by since the last supposed meeting
    what has been done?
    what have you done?
    what has changed?
    which of the help requests were done?
    where is all the "activity"?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I certainly cannot mod or donate money and such but I am a very friendly player not one time have I ever picked on anyone in the community because I was bored........

I actually spend most of my time donating in game time & money to players that leave because of some other issue that I cannot control but at least I try to keep new players interested about all I can do from my position.

This is something I would like to see other people doing (yes it's hard to explain EVERYTHING to the new players but at least I can rest knowing that I tried to help the Community)

Sorry to say but I very rarely see people helping new players as I have and still do today... So I am starting to see were OP is coming from.

He has slaved himself for us (The CF community) and while we see a lvl 18 noob in new york the least anyone online can do is say "Hello Welcome to CF"...

I mean is it that hard to greet someone or give them some pointers on how to make some cash, let them know about custom ships, weapons... even better give them a short tour maybe or a full out balls deep tour.

I am not saying nobody has done this... I am just saying if you have a good knowledge of the CF mod at least share some information even if you are new here at least greet newcomers it sets a nice atmosphere and keeps people interested.

Also nobody has to tell me that noobs are annoying at times but think of this... if you do not do what you can for the Crossfire Community it could soon be gone... I know 80% of us do not want this to happen so if you are annoyed just bear this in mind and keep a level head.

Just my 2 cents I'll shut up now :zocken:

*Edit*

I have only been back for a week after about a year and a half. I am ashamed this is what I have come back to but regardless I will not give up on CF I will still do best of my ability to do my part for all of us.

• Or maybe we should not spoil their fun by telling everything about the mod? I am sure if they want to know something they will ask. Personally I would better like to see some RP for example. I always try to find not newb guys to get some fighting. Intresting that the last 4 people I fought with always used nanobots and batteries ^ ^
    Servercrashes FTL.[MSIE_newline_end ]

• There are definitely people who play and care about Crossfire - we are really trying to start some RP, events, and help out noobs. I can't actively attract players because this is the only gaming community I'm a member of, though I do try where I can.

There are pretty much no old people on the server left, no arguments, no crap (except for an occasional joke, but that's just it, a joke). And those that do show up, quickly go away. Server is actually riddled with new players of various RPs. Capacity is great and the events that take place work in favor of both noobs and the RP in general. We actually need an SP from time to time just to help people around, and there is none active (I haven't seen an SP/GR online in months)...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• yes there are people who play and help the server as i am on it a great deal but cant be only one that does it if you have doubts that i dont help people ask Gunny, Angamar, Son of Angamar and the list can go on and on i help people on the server that i can alot and no i cant donate but if i could i would in a heart beet but yes in a way i understand what OP is saying ive tried to help when i can but wheres the people wheres the clan members i feel like the Lonewolf Especally when im on and all i see is me as a clan member rest of the people are all new and as we well no im only active BG on the server ... and yes i probably should be on here more but i get lost in here from time to time ?( no fault of yours OP by any means.. and i do love this mod !! its very good but it would be nice to fly with the clans to explore everything ... top to bottom as it were ... 8) just for some reason have to mostly do it alone... and unfortanatly when people see posts like this they wonder as i have ... why??? should i play here .... and ive a ?? OP if the Master is dissatisfied with the peoples how is the peoples to be happy??? it doesnt matter where you are from or for that matter when you are from for we have text books full of things that happened to the people when their masters where not happy ... whole societies disappeared and this bothers me badly because its the lil people who end up doing a great deal of suffering .. i dont have anything in the real world because ive always tried to do as i do on the server i dont change who i am just because im in game and yes its cost me dearly more than anyone here will ever know .. but if someone needed something and its would mean shirt off my back i would do it and have for the most part ...and Op i may not help much but when you ask me to for things even though i freely admitted i had no clue as to what it was i still did it ..and would do it again with no regretts why because i help when i can.. and ill keep playing as much as i can and yes was dishearted to realize that it might not be here for long and for that ill be very sad to see it go such great work you have a gift.. and i know people abuse it ...seems to be the nature of humans and takes a lot of fighting to overcome that nature to find a better way ... and yes im as poor as a church mouse wait i think its richer lol but somewhere along the line if i can keep going so should we all ... most ive said in a while ....