NOOB QUESTIONS ABOUT MULTIPLAY

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• While playing online I observed, that in my reputation window the last entry: Lib Navy is blinking yellow, while it is even not the faction where I got my best standing.

What does this means ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Originally posted by Argos
    means that you are still affiliated with liberty Navy. Therefore the tag "Navy" is appearing in the front of your nick while on line.

Am I right in that this will disappear on buying a license ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• So, IS there a way of getting rid of it ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Thx

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• ok. incoming new noob.
    i played freelancer before. i beat it twice and i would like to switch to multiplay now.
    so..let me know what should be my goal on the beggining.
    i red server rules a few times and im not sure did i understand right all that clan stuff. What are egzacly ASF n CSF and what for all other clans?
    how to tax somebody or fine him and opposite how to give money if you re taxed or fined?
    when you can tax or fine somebody?
    when i should buy a licence?
    tnx

• currently you dont need to care about asf and csf ... its not running atm... but will be running later... im sure up to then you will for sure have heard about it from the players

how to tax someone:
    search an easy target... open fire... shoot down the shields... shoot down the hull... but dont destroy your victim (works best on slow freighters which have much to loose)... then write "arrrrr, gimme some money or you walk the plank"... now raise the tension by shooting wild around your victims ship... but... dont destroy him/her
    there are 2 options now:
    1. you get some money and you can say "it was a pleasure to make business with you, arrrr"
    or
    2. your victim tries to escape which is a bad idea coz now you are allowed to get angry and say "arrr, eat this"
    or
    3. (i know that there actually is no 3rd point but...) cops might appear and you say "arrr, shit" and start running

you can start taxing when you have a licence
    yes you should get one

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• tnx. but how to give money if you are taxed. what to click in game to give him money?
    now i have 150000 credits and licence is 1000000. it will take ages to collect that money if i would do missions from the bar. is there some quicker way?

• Pirates (try to) tax you regardless of your ship and it's cargo.
    Police (tries to) fine you if they catch you smuggling, and the destroy your cargo.

If you refuse, you fight and/or get a bounty on you.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• how to give money if you are taxed. what to click in game to give him money?
    now i have 150000 credits and licence is 1000000. it will take ages to collect that money if i would do missions from the bar. is there some quicker way?

• They (any police or mercs or pirates) can only tax/fine/bouny you over lvl 40, so when yu're newbie, you're protected by being killed for RolePlay situations.

No, (it doesn't take ages to make 1 mill) it takes 10 minuts to have 10 millions, if you know exactly what to do... or else, it takes 10 mins to have 1 mill with a noob freighter trading somewhere in NY.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Now look at this : searching for answers I stumbled apon my own, old thread. ....still a noobnoob :D

Since I don't know, if there's STILL no anti-gravedigging policy here, I dare to revive it, to have all (or most) of my questions in a neat package, I can refer to, if I've forgotten something.
    I don't believe in death, I RESPAWN ! as this thread now

Question is about the role play licences: Do they affect NPC-behavior ?

i.e.:
    If sporting a Pirate license, will NPC-police chase you ?
    If sporting a Police license, will all the "unlawfulls" (Corsairs, Outcasts; Gaians, etc.) chase you ?

Despite the friendly/unfriendly reputation on your status list ( F8-button) ?

Atm I wear mearcenary licneses on my chars, since they seem to be the most "neutral" one, best suiting
    for freelancing/exploring/making money without harassing other players, or being haressed in doing so.
    (Also due to the momentary lack of a sufficient number of pirates on the server.)
    ...and I couldn't make up my mind yet.

An answer to this question would help me a lot in doing so.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• The licences don't affect the NPC behavior, only your reputation list does that...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• THATwas an important bit of information. ... at least for me.

THX M8 :thumbup:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited once, last by NucNuc: edit ().

• Mounting a RP license does affect your reputation. Mount a police license and you will find out that you can't buy weapons or ammo at the majority of stations / bases.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• :bdamn: Now I'm a bit confused :bdamn:

How can this be:
    NPCs acting only according to reputation list,
    ( I assume you refer to flying in open space, shockwave)
    equipment/ship(?)sellers acting according to licence 8|
    (I assume you refer to stations in the X-systems and ownd by outcasts, corsairs and the bunch alike, gunny)

What's right ? ?(

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited 2 times, last by NucNuc: edit ().

• every equipment can also have influence on the reputation, bases and npcs
    ...if that feature would be active

we were thinking about this feature and included it months ago to make the game more realistic
    e.g. pirates not being able to dock on police stations... fixed reputations if you have licences mounted

however we never activated it because suddenly people were not that pleased about such ideas

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!