Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• O-3 is Omega 3 system, and there's no PC reboot made by FL nor a big bug with the FL; if it happens you have to reinstall the mod with FLMM and all, or reinstall some PC's driver.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• that can happen from time to time depending on the graphic card and its ability to render transparency

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    Is it just me or the station blueprints from Planet New London have really dissapeared?
    Have they bee shifted?
    If they have been remove, then what is the best place in sirius for traders now?

Not a bug, this is called dynamic economy, where the trade routes move around so that there is no constant exploitation of a single area. You have to explore to find good routes. ;)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• My reputation with GMG is hostile (red). ..But I can land at Gas Miner Naga (GMG HQ in Sigma 13) and even buy best GMG weapons 8)

• I dont know if this is a bug or is there something wrong with my files but...

On Tuesday I bought some goods from a station. After a while the server crashed and I didnt continue playing. Wednesday I played again and selled the goods in the station where I started. Server disconnects me due to a possible cheat (the usual cheat message which you can see every day these days) when I launch to space. When I tried to launch the game from the launcher I got a error message "unable to connect to multiplayer ['5]" or something like that. This error disappeared when computer was restarted. This happened two times but thanks to UR guy he told me to sell the goods->leave the game->come back to game and that worked out very well.

Today I have a similiar problem with goods. It does not matter what goods I buy from Planet New London and launch to space the server disconnects me (due to cheating).

This is really annoying what should I do?

Chars:
    /D/s\F\-Karpaasi
    /D/s\F\-AvSM
    /D/s\F\-AvSM-

• just dont buy stuff before u stop playing

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The error message appears because the freelancer process still runs for a while.
    Launch the task manager and go to Processes.
    Look for Freelancer.exe or something related to that.
    End the process.
    Launch Freelancer.
    I would recommend that u watch the process and wait for it to end.
    Ending the process did not cause any problems to my freelancer or the computer.

meh.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    just dont buy stuff before u stop playing

Well that didn't help today because I couldn't buy anything. Server disconnected as soon as I bought something and launched to space.

Server restart at 9am (gmt +2) helped for that but before that that was really annoying.

Chars:
    /D/s\F\-Karpaasi
    /D/s\F\-AvSM
    /D/s\F\-AvSM-

• Did you restart your game this morning before playing or did you let it run all night and just connect?

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by Myric
    Did you restart your game this morning before playing or did you let it run all night and just connect?

I always restart the game via launcher.

Chars:
    /D/s\F\-Karpaasi
    /D/s\F\-AvSM
    /D/s\F\-AvSM-

• dont know if this should be here, but anyway, lots of the new ships (and still some coalition ships) have their weapon hardpoints misplaced, like not at all simetrical, some ships have the weapons "flying" not touching the ship.

until now i saw that on:
    Basilisk, Firebolt, Salin, noticed a couple more but i forgot the names of those :P

• They are flying because of the power of......................[BLINK]THE POWER OF LEVITATION[/BLINK]
    [SCHILD=15]levitation? [/SCHILD]
    [SCHILD=4]Yes Levitaion.[/SCHILD]
    [SCHILD=18]uhhhhhhhhh......[/SCHILD]
    [SCHILD=9]What?![/SCHILD]
    [SCHILD=18]Levitation?[/SCHILD]
    :P

meh.

• I installed the game again and again ... and nothing changes. I installed on another PC... same happens.
    Then i installed on another PC with my buddy where OS is Windows 7.

1st pc : AMD ATHLON X2 4850e ,2 gb ram , 640gb hdd , ATI Radeon HD 3870 , Windows XP SP 2
    2nd pc : AMD ATHLON X2 4800+ ,2 gb ram , 250 gb hdd , ATI Radeon HD 3850 , Windows XP SP 2
    3rd pc : AMD ATHLON X2 4600+ , 2gb ram , 400 gb hdd , Nvidia 9600 gt , Windows 7 ultimate.

All instalations were under default paths and tryed also on different partitions. All results were false (No in game names and description of equipment and solars in Navmap of added content) except for PC with windows 7.

I understand that problem lies with windows XP or with radeon HD3800 series, but everything looks fine. I can mount unknown equipment with names ("IDS?") and can go to systems but dont know names of jumpgates , added bases and so on.

I really cant install windows 7 because i have multi OS on first 2 pc-s and Linux is one of them so i will corrupt bootloader from linux if i try to install win7.

Is there anything else what can be done ?

Here are some pictures of the problem.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9692/screen1z.jpg
    http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7366/screen2.jpg

• I installed the game again and again ... and nothing changes. I installed on another PC... same happens.

This is the thing which concerned me!
    Probably ur first installation was the bad one, and l8r in a rush u didn't uninstall game in proper way!This can be a reason why this happen again and again and again.
    Use instructions for proper installing fom CF forum, but b4 u do that u must uninstall all and manually delete every CF and Freelancer files.Then clean ur registry base and then and ONLY then try again.

greets

ps
    this is not the thread for this ;)

• I followed installation details ... always deleted saves and all needed for clean instalation , and did install in the same way on all 3 pcs. 2 have problems , one doesnt.

Will try again with some registry cleaner ... but i dont think that is a problem. BTW , i think its the problem with display of names , and that means some font or something. Everything in game is there and works , just doesnt have names and description.

Is there maybe a problem with MOD options just before activation ?
    I didnt change nothing.

Anyway , thx.