Posts by htcyber

I found error and fixed it.

U were right. Problem was with nameresources.dll and sol.dll , who wasnt at all in the right folders.
    I got them from another pc with mod installed and have some trouble copying them. The main reason is AV who worked even it was disabled. After the boot of system AV did fast search and deleted the files always before i disabled him. And after that ... tried copying and files always dissapear. Procedure was always good but AV did work in the background even i dont know how , because i know how to disable him and did that a hundred times before.

THX again.

I followed installation details ... always deleted saves and all needed for clean instalation , and did install in the same way on all 3 pcs. 2 have problems , one doesnt.

Will try again with some registry cleaner ... but i dont think that is a problem. BTW , i think its the problem with display of names , and that means some font or something. Everything in game is there and works , just doesnt have names and description.

Is there maybe a problem with MOD options just before activation ?
    I didnt change nothing.

Anyway , thx.

I installed the game again and again ... and nothing changes. I installed on another PC... same happens.
    Then i installed on another PC with my buddy where OS is Windows 7.

1st pc : AMD ATHLON X2 4850e ,2 gb ram , 640gb hdd , ATI Radeon HD 3870 , Windows XP SP 2
    2nd pc : AMD ATHLON X2 4800+ ,2 gb ram , 250 gb hdd , ATI Radeon HD 3850 , Windows XP SP 2
    3rd pc : AMD ATHLON X2 4600+ , 2gb ram , 400 gb hdd , Nvidia 9600 gt , Windows 7 ultimate.

All instalations were under default paths and tryed also on different partitions. All results were false (No in game names and description of equipment and solars in Navmap of added content) except for PC with windows 7.

I understand that problem lies with windows XP or with radeon HD3800 series, but everything looks fine. I can mount unknown equipment with names ("IDS?") and can go to systems but dont know names of jumpgates , added bases and so on.

I really cant install windows 7 because i have multi OS on first 2 pc-s and Linux is one of them so i will corrupt bootloader from linux if i try to install win7.

Is there anything else what can be done ?

Here are some pictures of the problem.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9692/screen1z.jpg
    http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7366/screen2.jpg