Server situation

There are 166 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• As my statement that discussions about my latest announcement are not going to be discussed is getting totally ignored and since i receive pms about the bad mood on the server and such a shit I intend to say a few words about that.

First of all ppl feel treaten unfair because i punish all and that i better should have punished a few trouble makers.
    What a bullshit.
    It is not the minority causing the troubles (eventhough they are the worst) ... its the majority causing the troubles.
    Writing small comments, insults, spreading rumours, provocating other ppl and all together breaking the agreements they had with me.
    By punishing all I for sure wont hit many ppl that are not guilty.

You ppl appear to be suprised about that punishment... but actually i have given more than enough warnings while the last one was extremly clear and did announce what will happen.
    You had all time in the world to do neccessary changes... to finally act in a better way but you decided otherwise.
    This is not the first time that this happens and the promises of the last times are long forgotten. You never seem to learn. I do. Thats why the years of talking and giving warnings instead of punishments are over.
    I tried it with the diplocatic way... now Ill try it the hard way.

Of course I could have punished the main trouble makers here... but there are 2 serious problems YOU did not think about.
    1. I am not able to know about everybody who is involved and in which way these ppl are really guilty and that means I risk taking sides which motivates others that get out of the situation unpunished to play dirty games in future (and yes - that will happen).
    2. IF i would punish those who were directly involved I would need to ban several clan leaders and even entire clans from CF. The server probably wouldnt survive that.

That are the alternatives for all those who are whining about such a shit with the system channel or the SP rights. If you want that just tell me and i start banning... but be aware I might also ban you.
    (after all almost ALL the server clans broke their word)

Furthermore i noticed that there are SP members (several) which think that they are SP to represent the interests of a clan, certain roleplay factions or even their own interests. Actually it would be my job to defend the SPs and their decisions and usually i would do that.
    But when I read "we SPs dont get respected and we dont get the backhold that we need" I have to ask myself why it is that way.
    Probably because of the continious interpreting of rules instead of contacting me, probably because of one sided judgements, probably of the abuse of the universe channel on the server, probably because of many other reasons.
    I had big plans for the SPs once CF1.8 got released but I meanwhile dropped those ideas because they can not even work together as SPs.
    The SPs were not supposed to represent clans, they were supposed to represent me while i am not able to be on the server. It was meant that they speak in my name and not in theirs or the name of their clan leader.
    I just need to take a look around this forum to see how SPs treat ppl. Sick comments about other clans... sick comments about other ppls roleplay. Absolutly no sight of neutrality.
    I dont need such a Serverpolice and since their main activity is not to hunt cheaters but to argue with others I seriously have to ask myself if that is worth it.

Yes for sure the SP job is not an easy one... and for sure the ordinary players also play their role in this sick game but i can not praise ppl to high heavy if the circumstances dont allow it.

I say it like it is. You ppl on the server do your best to disrupt the gameplay. You dont waste a single second thinking about consequences. Once you joined a clan or rp faction all others loose their right of existence for you and you do your best to lay out rules, to find ways around them them and to blame others for any stupid shit. Thats what you ppl do on my server for years meanwhile and everytime i said something against it you felt be threaten unfair or ignored my words.

Nobody of you... ok lets say most of you are not interested in the word "community". You only see yourself. You dont help the community... you only help yourself ignoring the fact that your behaviour does damage the community. And then you even have the nerves to complain for something that you ppl have caused.
    There are servers out there which have much more players online everyday and reason for that is not the mod or the hardware. Reason for that or better to say reason for the siutation at CF are the ppl playing there and their behaviour.
    How many players have left the community in the past 2 years because of all this shit?
    100?
    200?
    500?
    more?

You want CF1.8 and hope that this mod will solve your problems. Forget it. It will not solve the problems at all.
    And actually I have absolutly no motivation to work just a single hour more on that mod because of YOU.
    Right I stop the work on CF1.8
    Maybe the day will come that I see that this is a community that can act better... then i will reconsider to start working on the mod again. But until that day I will not waste my time with FL.

Damnit... you cant even imagine how much time I have wasted with solving YOUR problems in the past years. The countless hours i had to deal with conflicts between clans, the countless hours i spent to calm down members which argued with each other, the countless hours i had to spend with all this RP shit. If i would have invested that time in my work i would be a rich man now.

EDIT: As Huor told me the system chat is still active eventhough the systems are blocked on the server I must asume that since i got the new server that function does not work anymore. Well, doesnt really matter now. Ill work on this problem and get it solved asap.
    I seriously beleave the bigger punishment is that CF1.8 wont get released and that the PR campaign also wont be done eventhough that would be one of the biggest chances for the next 12 months.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OP - first, i'd like to say that today is a sad day to learn that you've decided not to continue your wonderful work on 1.8. also, it's a complete shame that the actions of a few continue to affect the entire community.

what i find most disturbing is the lack of punishment to the main offenders. in your post, you spoke about players not conducting themselves in accordance with the server rules. while in NY, i sat there and watched all the rules scroll up and read each one and understood that if i broke one of these rules, i could be banned from the server. yet, each day i pilot my fighter and time after time, i see pilot breaking these rules with no consequences.

i am NOT a SP nor do i ever want to be. simple reason: i would have to ban half the players for not following the rules. what's the point of having rules in-place if no one wants to enforce them because the community would dwindle?

in my many years in the military (and still going), i've learned one simple truth: actions speak louder than words! you want to make your point? then when "proof" is provided from a SP directly to you about rule breaking in-game, ban that player and make them an example. let them go through the process of "begging" to come back to the game. here's a recommendation; ban players for certain periods of time for certain actions.

drive the message home that any rule breaking will result in actions being taken. the only thing left is to actually take those actions.

i have a secret for you: do you want to know why i hate the "Discovery Mod" so much? because that's one mod that doesn't screw around with any rule breaking. they are quick to ban a player and they don't even care. now look at how full their server is. i've had to wait until a spot opened up just to get online. crossfire is by far the BEST mod on the planet but the most players i've ever seen is 25 online at one time.

people hate rules but i'll be the first to tell you that rules keep the peace and people will hate them at first but learn to live with them and enjoy their time in-game.

i look forward to your reply.

very respectfully,
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• I have to say I agree with Pipe at most points. The thing about Discovery is true... even there have many more rules, and can ban someone even for stealing some drops from a group of players that are mining in the asteroids and then act with bad behaviour... as I saw that.

With your post, you clearly told that SPs has to be neutral, to not punish other (or opposite RP clan members) with bigger punishments, just for the RP difference, and have the most objective view of the things possible, and you saw the problems.

A good thing of punishments would be banning for one day, 2, 5, a week, people that has bad behaviour, after the first ban that should be short, if the problem repeats, the second would be bigger, and so on. But the hint would be banning half of the time the one that was the "victim" of the one insulting him, as in most of the heavyer situations, they have been provoked, and then not many players can hold on while they get provoked... by KoS, dockrapping and so... where SPs would be the exception of this for now...

You know, like in Discovery, that any disturber that has nothing to see with RP battles/fights... get banned for a period, in real life, the afraid of the police, and the ones that believe in God... afraid by him (just to be saved), and so on... on CF the ones that should be police or nearly(not SP but high ranking that defend his clan) are the ones that has conflicts and disturbs...
    maybe haveing yourself in the game would save many people... just until the SPs get in oder, as half of them got renewed...

In any case, in my opinion you should never loose the hope, and give up... with the server, or with the CF 1.8. A hint would be that you had a man, as spy... that is active, and see who is makeing problems, a spy that noone knows about him, that could be a bad fighter newbie, or a clan member... most people would get the needed terror to stop haveing bad mood because he or his mates got killed, haveing a bigger problem to be afraid of :D

Your helper,
    Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This is not the answer.

You need new blood in the SP, not revoking rights - this will only make the older players go away. And you're also wrong - your decisions are damaging the innocent majority.

New Serverpolice, and ban first - ask questions later policy and zero tolerance.

For what it's worth, there seems to be a rise in the noob count...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• My personal example or just My few dinar's

Op u really believe that u can change ppl.I believe but urs responsibility here is much more higher, then mine.Think about.Deep breath and deep thinking.Also u can't threat us/me like a kids.Think about.

So what u need to do? Accept policy that working.Pipe and Mich post about this.

Punishment policy yes.

take my example:

I make mistake you or SP or whoever, ban me, no matter what reason is.You must have a gut. U have a power but with power coming responsibility.

And then i will think about my deeds and for sure try to change my attitude as well in the game and at forum.(i'll never change my mind about fair play and cheating, but maybe i will change my behavior as i said).Or maybe i never want to change anything.Who knows?

I also feel quilt and responsibility, cos i wasn't able to stop bull shit between our 2 clans, SFP and PX.I didn't post this anywhere, but i seriously thinking about my resignation.And without any doubt, after this decision i know Mellon never been [SFP]Ambassador again.

that was about me, now few words about u and me m8...

Tonight i was at some kind of meeting in NY, where ppl try to achieve some solution for recent situation.All in all nothing happen.Maybe some voting for somethingl...later but idk.

I never denied that i/we never make mistakes, but i heard that ppl say "hey OP is always 99% in right!"
    some others say"Hey he think that he is a God?"

and where is the truth?

Always in the middle=50% of course

HOW?

OP ALWAYS IN RIGHT 6O%
    OP GOD LIKE BEHAVIOR 39%
    NEUTRAL VOTES 1%

so...

60%+39%+1%=100%:2=50%

and i bare in my mind that this server is urs, but do u need us after all?

yes u need

and did u ever think that maybe some envoy jerks come here just to ruin this mod and server?

Now back to the point.Because i know that this world is full of pusses (excuse me ladies) i will make first step...

I will call u the 39%arrogant -God like jerk who is 60% in right... hmm....+/- 1%

and u need to accept my advice from above punish/ban me for example...and maybe i will be more polite then now and ask u for forgiveness later.I hope that this will start chain reaction for good^^

most effective measures to save ur server and CF mode-IMO

What we are waiting?

• Yes I heard that many of you want to vote me out as SP, but I will make it easier for you.

However, you can bet that you people voting for SP is not going to change one single thing. Once the rules are enforced so harsh, you will be crying for relief and I for one am supporting this change.

Also would someone PM me about the meeting or send me the chat logs so I can see what was being said. If you are going to discuss someone in public, at least have the common courtesy to invite that person to represent him/herself.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Originally posted by Shockwave
    your decisions are damaging the innocent majority.

I`m sorry to inform you, that the majority isn`t so innocent anymore. And those few, who REALLY have done nothing to damage the community - i doubt they`ll feel a blow as hard as most of the ppl brewing this sh*tstorm here.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Gunny I was there for a good 2-3 hours, your name maybe came up once or twice in the middle somewhere. This was not a meeting about you.

It was about finding a way to save the server because many are afraid it is dying. I'm afraid we did not come to any conclusion by the time I had to leave.

I do not have logs.

PS: let's not argue in this tread, this is not the place. If there's on thing I have learned is that OP do not wish to see us bring that stuff to the forum.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• Then I was mis-informed and I will speak to the people who contacted me via MSN.

Anyway, I need another SP to assist me with transfers this week.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• yes, I've explained you Gunny, that your name was told just few times, for some other reasons, and it wasn't a meeting to blame you, and neither a PX told about you, even you thought I was telling only the good side, or protecting you, I mostly choose to say the truth instead of that :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Was not only you contacting me Michael.

• I know, saw about your MSN contacts, anyway you know who you can trust more... since old times.

Anyway the situation of the server is getting improoved, and there are plans/ideas of how to do it in group of many....

Originally posted by RogueJet

I`m sorry to inform you, that the majority isn`t so innocent anymore. And those few, who REALLY have done nothing to damage the community - i doubt they`ll feel a blow as hard as most of the ppl brewing this sh*tstorm here.

I see your point in reference to the forum(s), but I disagree - my focus is on the game's overall atmosphere, which has deteriorated lately to something unrecognizable.

I see Myric's point about people being afraid that the server is dying - looking at people's reactions (namely Huor and Lucy, who are the first ones to react in their respectful ways), I can see why this is so.

I, for one, applaud Michael's efforts and I'll participate in most of them, and make some of my own on as an EM. Time to remember that this is still a game.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• ok i love neing in the dark and really hate being sick but it is kinda disheartning to know that we already lost another SP and if asked i will go to and its a shame really and sorry shock but OP is right about this when in SP character there should not be any clan dealings at all and i would have one suggestion that SP char be made on different account and thus kept seperate from clan char so SP rights arent abused when not in SP character ....

• Actually Rhon, seems we lost two SPs today/theese days... if you check "No more SP" thread also. SPs lost all or part of the support they had by OP... and the SPs that weren't involved into problems felt bad for something they didn't did, like Lucy, that has just about a week or two as SP, and seems it's over... she couldn't even make problems in a week.

Anyway OP is God in this game, and we, INcludeing SPs have to listen him... if not, he has all rights to punish, even the punishment should be at the size of the problem, and not much bigger for the past of it.

• lol like i said if i need to step down someone tell me ill do it but i did always try to remain nuetral as Spiky will attest to for several of his fines but i guess maybe i should have done more

• Noone told nothing wrong about you, you are great ! don't worry :)
    Even, it's god that you have your neutrality, but that doesn't mean to not help your mates solve problems in an objective way, or at least much, sry if I'm not informed about your works :)

Originally posted by Gunny
    Yes I heard that many of you want to vote me out as SP, but I will make it easier for you.

However, you can bet that you people voting for SP is not going to change one single thing. Once the rules are enforced so harsh, you will be crying for relief and I for one am supporting this change.

Also would someone PM me about the meeting or send me the chat logs so I can see what was being said. If you are going to discuss someone in public, at least have the common courtesy to invite that person to represent him/herself.

Dont have logs mate - maybe someone can actually get them off the server and publish them - as any summary is bound to be subjective,

Any hoot - cant recognise what you said in your post - here is my own summary - excluding the bit about OP ranting - very subjective and I would appreciate corrections

I logged in and saw a huge group formed full of cops and robbers and other miscreants.

I then read OP post on SWAT.

I was at the meeting for about 1.5 hours

The time I was on I sensed a genuine commitment from most people to help the situation and some people were understandably a bit upset and so on.

I can say that no one was blamed at all (and that includes you Gunny)

What happened after I logged off I cant say.

My memory is not great these days - so I will try a summary here - but others should complete the picture if they wish and point my errors.

The topics in no order

1. An arbitration panel to moderate disputes consisted of independent non aligned pilots or members from clans -

With authority to impose punishments - some thought this group was supposed to be SPs - but some thought a different group.

2. ASF/CSF rp to run 24/7

3. Harsher punishments for those people who have done no good - including if they are clan leaders.

Banning for a certain amount of time. Time for real action to sort out the troublemakers.

4. A common recruitment policy for all clans

5. A code of conduct for all clans

6. A guide or to do list for new players

7. A sharing scheme where for up to a month - pilots are able to try different roleplay to build up good friendships between different clans.

8. Events that will allow different roleplay factions to team up together - like the Assault Event.

9. A clearance scheme where posts on SWAT are checked by leaders before posting.

10. OP to stay out of clan business

11. General unhappiness about removing system chat.

12. To stop this "he dropped a mine 500km from my friends friends friends ship so we are removing access from his whole clan from entering our system"

Also - I appreciate English is not the first language for a good number of our mates - so please add/amend anything I posted here.

Oh - and someone tried to ban Lucy for swearing on the server.

Oh Oh - I am just trying to summarise what was said - let's not take apart any particular idea on this thread -

• My net went out in the middle of the meeting but Az has it right as far as I recall. People wanted to help the situation, a lot of the attendants had nothing to do with the past problems but showed a really good understanding and gave good ideas for such situations to be avoided in the future. A lot of people weren't happy with Op punishing them for something they had nothing to do with. All of us agreed we need ASF/CSF not a pirates vs cops thing, but to cycle the factions in and mix the clans so they can get to know each-other better and work side by side. Same with the assault event. And so on and so on. Bottom line is we wonna fix things, and avoid mistakes in the future.

In my personal opinion there is nothing bad in problems when at the end we make changes for the good. We live in the 21 century and there are still problems and wars and killings, and we constantly adapt and change the rules and ourselves. We are not perfect and probably never will be.

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar