CF under attack

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• http://www.moddb.com/mods/crossfire/
    please read the comments

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Mr Blub... that is Mr Spinach...

muahaha... he is so envious

• Oh, let him talk he will drow in his on shits :)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• In my experiences with individuals such as that young man, most likely his entire world is centered around online-activities that preclude him from any real-world interaction.

I'm willing to bet he is a member of Discovery, maybe even with rank.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• If that's the case then discovery must really be afraid of losing people when 1.8 hits the net.

No one will find a better mod then CF and that's all there is to it.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Hmmmm Jack you speak truth. But then again that's when and IF CF 1.8 gets release.

I think you (OP) mentioned that your leaving the FL community etc. at the end of the year to have more room in your own Real Life, if I'm not mistaken.
    In that sense I see 2 possibilities happening all pointing at 1.8.

1) OP decides to release 1.8 as he steps down as head of the FL community (sad that this will happen :( but all good things comes to an end i guess)

2) OP gets attacked, CF 1.8 vanishes and it never gets out.

I am sorry for saying this but, CF 1.8 is infact the biggest mod ever, and there is still much much more being added to it. Thus the reason why not 1 release date was accurate when it was announced 2 years ago at first. (cant believe its been that long oO)

Which is why I think option 1 is most likely to happen.
    But lets not forget how suck ass life can really get, thus making option 2 the most likely to happen reality wise.

Anyways, hope the 1.8 project is still going through ok, cant wait to see it available to download :D

EDIT: I hope I am getting through to you by what I just stated OP. 8)

• "The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on..."

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Bubb9 has been a thorn in the FL's side for a while (he's not from Disco). He is an arrogant little kid who thinks he knows everything (His brain is probably froze since he lives in Alaska). He has pulled this stuff on my server in the past (Which I banned him for) and probably others as well.

• Well, he is registered since that same day, 07 May... he just registered to sh*t-talk.

His IP should be banned from the moddb site...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• yeah I already did some researches on him.... freeworlds, new universe... and tons of other communities where he started trouble
    he seems to be member of a new modding team which might explain his tries to discredit other mods

if he goes on he will get in serious troubles

@exiler
    dont worry... i will make sure that this community wont run into troubles and that crossfire will be developed until version 2.0

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Oh well... trolls will be trolls, eh? :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Until VERSION 2.0 ?! COOL, if 1.8 is so good, then 2.0 could be called FL "2" himself :D

PS: actually FL CF 1.8 culd be as FL 2 also. but FL CF 2.0 would be/seem more like it :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Originally posted by Michael
    Until VERSION 2.0 ?! COOL, if 1.8 is so good, then 2.0 could be called FL "2" himself :D

PS: actually FL CF 1.8 culd be as FL 2 also. but FL CF 2.0 would be/seem more like it :D

My sentiments exactly, just drop the "Crossfire" name altogether and just name the mod, Freelancer 2!

Another working title I had in mind: Galaxylancer, since OP has two, possibly three major sections of the KNOWN Milky Way Galaxy mapped out in Crossfire 1.7. (i.e. Sirius sector, Sol and nearby stars i.e. "the Sol Sector" and the Altair sector)

Sorry if this seems offtopic, but here goes...

Further expounding the idea goes like this:

Starlancer centered around the Sol system with humanity in a massive solar system-wide civil war.

Freelancer centered around the remnants of the fleeing Alliance from Starlancer and creating a new region of human populated space, creating the new "Houses" of the Sirius Sector. This is also where humanity comes into it's first extraterrestial contact, albiet it's rather hostile and the Sirius houses barely survive from it.

Galaxylancer can center around what Crossfire is already concentrating on, judging from what I've seen and heard from OP's ideas and work of CF1.8. Humanity is spreading further out into the Milky Way, the Sirius houses reuniting with the remant Coalition brothers and yet coming in contact once again with a very old and very powerful alien race who are threating to destroy ALL of humanity. This forces a final cease-fire forever between the age old Alliance, i.e. Sirius houses and the Coalition of Altair for the sake of all humanity. During this they return to the Sol sector of space to find a deserted Sol system and continue further exploration of the Sirius and Altair sectors while battling the hostile alien races and attempting to befriend the newer discovered alien races.

To give everyone a idea just how big our real life galaxy is, I found a map of just how little Crossfire has theoretically covered so far. See if you can find Sirius and Altair on the map, this is just our "Local Stellar Neighborhood":

http://www.deepfly.org/TheNeig…6-NeighborhoodSphere.html

It's a very logical and expected progression of humanity's progress among the stars and across the Milky Way while in keeping with Starlancer and Freelancer's storylines, while adding new, adaptable elements to it. With all that said, hats off to you OP, I can tell you've put alot of though into Crossfire in that respect.

Again, sorry for the seemingly long-winded off-topic post folks, but I've thought about this ever since I found Crossfire and kept up with the story line of Starlancer, Freelancer and Crossfire and wanted to share my thoughts and that I feel this mod is really becoming what OP and many others will hope it will become, in essence what we've all wanted, a Freelancer 2 or "Galaxylancer" if you will. Perhaps I should put this post in a new thread instead...

Originally posted by Gunny
    I'm willing to bet he is a member of Discovery, maybe even with rank.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer
    If that's the case then discovery must really be afraid of losing people when 1.8 hits the net.

I searched through both the active and banned members on the Discovery forums and haven't found any name similar to this guy. If anyone happens to get his IP address somehow, please, send it my way.

Originally posted by Nightstalker61
    Bubb9 has been a thorn in the FL's side for a while (he's not from Disco). He is an arrogant little kid who thinks he knows everything (His brain is probably froze since he lives in Alaska). He has pulled this stuff on my server in the past (Which I banned him for) and probably others as well.

We do have a registered member named Thorn on Discovery forums, but he's never made any post so I guess he's inactive.

• im not going to point my finger on discovery as this guy is active in many FL communities and has start much trouble there

discovery has nothing to do with it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,