Discovery Mod/Community

There are 104 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• lol

they work for you now?
    Can you give them access to the modding section then^^

Seems some of the disco members switch off their brain - when they switch on their comps^^

• No Huor, just wait for the 1.8 Release some weeks after it you will know what they meant ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    here we go again:

Discovery forum Mar 6 2009, 10:29 AM
    by Niezck

I lol'd

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Originally posted by Daywalker
    No Huor, just wait for the 1.8 Release some weeks after it you will know what they meant ;)

huh?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah i didn´t took part in the discussion that much but i was reading the disco forum from time to time aswell (for 2 years now) - and i know many of this threads like hey they have this or that lets take it - i am just sure we will be able to read those things, if some of the new 1.8 Features will fit their interests, again.

I can not say that it wouldn´t bothering me... But somehow this Thread will not bring something good anymore i guess :(

Click the image above to visit us.

• yeah but saying nothing doesnt lead to anything good too

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Daywalker
    No Huor, just wait for the 1.8 Release some weeks after it you will know what they meant ;)

huh?

btw OP... yeah, wise saying...

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• I would really like to comment on everything that has been said here for the greater of all communities other than Discovery. However, I think it would only start something that is not really needed. I may be wrong for what I am about to post but, I have been around too many of them to know how they are.

I may even be late in replying to this thread but, I really don't see where this issue was resolved and want to post.

I was a member of that community for a long time and left for more reasons than one. I actually got tired of all the BS on the forums and the ignorance shown to other servers and mods/modders.

The thing that has got me the most it, since Discovery didn't get chosen as, "Mod of the Year" and the posts made here about their flaming other mods /servers, they suddenly ant to be part of all Freelancer Communities? Am I the only one that sees this?

They have swamped TSP by the dozens, requesting Admin access and access to the privates areas. Why is that I wonder?

The forum has them acting as if they are the ones with all the know how.

I just can't see why they were allowed all the sudden access to the forums when they have refused in the past to show any concern about any of them? I know that the Administration of these forums are not as hung up only themselves as those of the Discovery forums are and that they invite all to become active on them but, to just allow them to have at everything on a minutes notice just because anyone that claims to be a dev or an admin and even though they may be known by some just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm no mod developer but I do know that it's easy to take any mod after downloading it, apart and use whatever it is you want, with or without the permission of it's creator. Many, let others have at it too often without having to ask for permission. Now, Igiss may not have had a hand in this but that doesn't mean that someone else that works on his team didn't. In any case, I myself have seen much in the Discovery mods that I have seen in others mods that I have actually had the time and chance to play on either in SP or on the servers of the mods created. Not of which many from Discovery slide away too. An actually, most of the player/members on Discovery have never gone to any other server unless it is to rag the server and to try to drag players from it to the Discovery server. I've had this happen even on my server by players that didn't even know I was the server op. Many of my players have even told me the same.

IMHO, Discovery is not the best mod out there. And as for the RP, If that's what you want to call it then, go right ahead. Liberty Rouges don't hang out near Police bases in Kusari (new tokyo) just to rob or tax Traders, then kill you when you object to it, I'm sorry but, that's not what I call RP.

I think I've said enough so's not to get to riled up about this subject.

If this post is out of line Op, delete it. Reprimand me if you have to.

I know I don't post here often because I get too busy reading everything and learning new things here when I do log on.
    HK

"That was your Base dude? My bad."

• and about the Amazon thing. i don't think they export that
    game to NZ and alot of online NZ stores don,t sell it

haha i guess when i got mine it was a lucky bye LOL :D

• nope - the topic is still active since discovery has not changed at all
    the same player attitudes... the same mod and server bashing... no changes at all

2 weeks ago I got flamed by a discovery staff member for helping a discovery at TLR by directing that guy to the discovery forum and telling him that he better should ask there for help and not on other forums which have nothing to do with discovery

ive also got a report that someone tried to convince crossfire players to leave and join discovery

this issue is not over yet... its getting even worse

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Chris,

some time has passed and the adrenaline levels have been decreased I beleive at least a little bit. For me it's quite shocking that someone uses such manners in the name of Discovery Gaming Community. If I knew who it was I would ban him from both the community and the game server instantly and permanently. It's absolutely incredible, and I fully understand your concerns.

May I ask you for the IP address of the DiscoveryRulez member? He posted once on these forums so you should have it in your logs. You mentioned the "discoverydiscovery##@hormail.com" address in the other thread. I searched Discovery forum registration e-mails for both "discoverydiscovery@hormail.com" and "discoverydiscovery##@hormail.com" but no match. I googled it, nothing. I tried e-mailing at that address, this result (same for the one with ##):

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

discoverydiscovery@hotmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (state 14).

It still doesn't mean anything, the mail could have been just faked or the mailbox was deleted.

I have physical access to the game server and also all the routers in front of that server. Because I operate the network the server is hosted in, I also have access to all IP headers logs for the past few years. I also have access to both forum and if I had the IP address (or at least the range) I could easily try to find a match among milions of lines of various log files. It very likely that this person did a mistake somewhere in the process. I really doubt that this person used a fresh-bought mobile phone for hacking your site, posting on your forums and then threw the mobile phone into the river. But then again, one could beleive almost anything these days...

It really saddens me that something like that is connected to Discovery Gaming Community and I'll do all I can to investigate this matter. Help me prove our innocence or at least help me punnish that sick person if he really is a member of Discovery. My effort could also result in an attempt to hack our game server or forums by this person, but hell, I am willing to take these risks.

Thanks for your help,

Michal Petrzelka
    operator of the official Discovery RP server

• you dont need to proof your innocence
    that guy started the troubles here on the forum and then tried to hack my server
    now he has no access to the i-net any longer (dont ask)

the troubles from that guy stopped... case closed (at least for me)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    that guy started the troubles here on the forum and then tried to hack my server
    now he has no access to the i-net any longer (dont ask)

that reminds me of a story I once read somewhere on the Internet - it was a log from a chatroom, where someone asked for some other user's IP address. He gave an IP address, and the asker said he would hack his computer, and posted messages of his progress. The address given was 127.0.0.1 (localhost). The last line of the log was [client hacker's name disconnected from server] :D

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• One more thing. I noticed you didn't like players mentioning the Crossfire mod in any way on Discovery forums and also promoting Discovery on other sites. It's not really in our power to "search and destroy" every misbehaving player, but that doesn't mean we can't do anything about it as well.

I made an admin announcement, asking the members to:
    - quit promoting Discovery on other mods/servers
    - quit requesting features from other mods to be added into the Discovery mod
    - quit badmouthing other mods/servers

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37904&hl=

I was not specific about your mod.

It will stay pinned for some time and will be bumped in the future if problems arise again.

• Mentioning can be quite fair, allright. However, aside from the examples seen on TSP and other sites, I can give you another example of the behavior of some Disco members.

I'm the moderator of the Brazilian Freelancer community on orkut (like MySpace and other stuff). It has 350+ members, growing like 10 to 20 per month. Well, there are few members making aggressive advertisement there, on threads like "What's the best VHF?", then a Disco guy appears giving links to Disco, saying that it's the BEST mod of FL (note: the BEST mod of FL, not the BEST mod of FL in his oppinion), and on.

Then the same ad is posted on many other sites.

Aggressive advertisement, that's it.

Originally posted by magnet

that reminds me of a story I once read somewhere on the Internet - it was a log from a chatroom, where someone asked for some other user's IP address. He gave an IP address, and the asker said he would hack his computer, and posted messages of his progress. The address given was 127.0.0.1 (localhost). The last line of the log was [client hacker's name disconnected from server] :D

I wonder what OP did. Also, this hacker is really awesome :D

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• I appreaciate that announcement...
    while i need to say that promoting a server is not a problem at all. Everyone does it. But they way a server gets promoted should at least be fair.
    Best way of promoting a mod or server is done by ads about features and such stuff.

The bad way of promoting is to cry "my mod rocks" or "my mod is the best" and that did happen very often altogether with a discovery member which did even discredit other mods in the way he presented discovery (which even included that he told others to work harder).
    Another prob are people which join other servers to tear players away and to promote own servers. It happened 2 times in 2009 on my server while on time it seemed to be a dicovery member (which i banned before he could even finish to explain why players should change the server).
    Players of SWAT know that i instantly would ban them if i find out that they do such a shit.

I believe every FL community should make such announcements... because its about fairplay and the survival of the FL community.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Actually, at the how good CF 1.8 will be, I hope many people comes from other servers, not including the ones from CF that are waiting it, theese sure will come, but I hope the server will also be enough strong to hold many players :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i wonder what CF has to do with that now@michael

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well, now, nearly nothing, but there is a thing there, actual limit of player is 128, no need of more, but later ? Anyway, I'm sure there won't be problems that can't be solved, OP :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis