X3 Ships

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Myric.

• I'm still testing the ships we have now (although i gotta admit i'm one of those saracen-addicts usually) , so i voted no.
    Btw, Slayer is one of the better fighters here (at least way better than me), and i have yet to meet him in another ship than his eagle^^

• Good point OP...

Can you create any new bomber like Hades with the X3 ships or anyother? At this time i think Hades is the only aviable bomber in the mod...we have 60 figthers but 1 bomber hehe, oh and let it have guns enougth to shoot down the shield, otherwisse is useless against a battleship :D

• Yes, seeing SFP using Battleships en masse in Altair space, a wider range of bombers would come handy :D

• Yes Lucy I like Marcbomber prefer to use the eagle......It suits my style of fighting...I do on occasions use a shroud and have been know to use other ships.....But for me the eagle is the best....Just my oppinion....others prefer Lagg and suits them.

Its funny really when i 1st joined BG back in my Noob days i learned to PVP in an Eagle....I tried many other ships after that but i returned back to the fighter which made me what i am now.

I vote yes ..... to see some different style ships would be good even if there is no advantage of using them.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• The more there is the more difficult it is to choose !
    I find that the profusion of ships in Crossfire makes that it is very difficult to choose one by yourself. I suppose that most guys makes their choice by comparing what the best pilot have.
    If you have to test every ship of the mod you'll be quite for a long time...

So, for me there are enough variety of ships but if you want to change some older ( never used ) ships by some of X3 that could be interesting but not a must.

• I haven't played online as OP himself knows from other threads, but I do wonder if these new ships will available to those of us that aren't quite ready for online gaming, or just for those that are online.

I'm in favour of new developments, otherwise the game becomes stagnant and bloated, so yes I would like to see a step forward rather than keep the ships no one wants, replace them as one would in reality.

But I love experimenting, and to me, some ships are fine in the original FL Vanilla, but this supposedly some time after the nomad war, and it's a well known fact that war promotes newer designs, otherwise the jet engine would never have come about.

So my vote is YES, but in within reason.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R

based on this i can stop working on CF and leave the game like it is
    fine

Why dear OP avery time people complains about balance, stats and so you menace to us with stopping all ur wonderfull one-man work, why u punish with these to so many members like me, who few times post messages, but every day read the forum to learn about the 1.8 mod ?, i know sometimes the life is hard, the work, the family, the forum... but consider this, we both know this 1.8 will be the last one tribute to a wonderfull game, the last bullet from a long war, i know the stress sometimes can do nasty things , just keep ur head cold and think in so many players like me, outhere, maybe silent, but grateful for ur work.
    Peace and thanks for ur work. (gretings from Chile)

• I'd use seething fury if it had the agility of eagle :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• YES!!! i say, X3 ships are cool!!:D um... if you can at your own will. can you add BSG ships and battleships in it? the Pegasus looks really cool and the advance viper as well, and possibly a superweapon like cannon,another idea, is to make ballistic weaponry with the look of the tendell al sid thing? and um dose anyone know witch controller i should use in X3, i find the mouse is pretty accurate but lags the versatility as a joystick, but that lags accuracy and i dunno about the controller? got it a week ago :D keep up the good work!!!

• no bsg in cf

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• And i have a correction of Saxons post from the past to make.

I made a DB based on the CF Online Players for the PX Site - evertime i see a ship for which only the hashcode is known i go online and ask the player what he is using. Here the Results which CF ships are in use in CF 1.7 - just for the records (without any order):

Soul Forge Train
    Lagg
    A-100 Stormrider
    Shroud
    Osiris BS
    Haidar
    Elder
    Hades
    APC
    Bullpup MkIII
    Saracen
    Draconji
    King Tiger
    Saber
    Angel Wing
    Kusari Destroyer
    Devil
    Armored Transport
    Predator
    Ragnarök
    Chimera
    Basilisk
    Mirage
    Red Eagle
    Reaper
    Rage Bringer
    Large Transport
    Deimos
    Dark Angel
    Bullpup MK I
    Tempest
    Kusari Battleship
    Deathblade
    Scouser
    Rheinland Battleship
    Bretonia Gunboat
    Avenger
    Archangel
    Bullpup MK II
    Seething Fury
    Freedom X Interceptor
    Warblade
    Phoenix
    Serafina
    Raptor
    Hermes
    Shooting Star
    Geko
    Liberty Dreadnought
    Sai
    Malice
    Shadowreaper

I myself have a various amount of Ships in use 5 different VHFs (in permanent use), LF, BS, Dest., STrain, APC and so on. I know Players who dont use the APC for transporting for example - they have other Ships.

If you don´t give all the ships a shot you will never know which fits for which jobs most.

Some VHFs don´t have the Turnrate of a Lagg but their scale for example makes them hard to beat, you ever tried to follow a Bulpup MK I (!) with a Lagg if the BP is running. No chance, it is 1 1/2 times faster than you ^^.

Click the image above to visit us.

• aww... no BSG ships in CF;( anyway i fly sf arrow not because its fast and so, but its a dam fine looking ship:D and i fly the rag in sp, man i like the railgun!:D hehe i baked up the fl saves.

• I'll had the devil ray to your list daywalker

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov