Crossfire 1.8 development

There are 46 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Simba.

• in the past months i didnt work on CF1.8 due to limited amount of time, the changes on SWAT and a general demotivation caused by endless discussions and stress

i took some time out ignoring most fl related stuff and in the end i came up with some new solutions and many new ideas for FL (how great ^^)
    and about 200 new ship and station models

im planning to buy a new hdd for my old PC in order to get milkshape running again (or to test that new milkshape that was offered to me) and start working on CF1.8 again once the work on SWAT has been finished (which should be in 1 month... with alot of luck)

i already presented a list of features and changes here:
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…416fd9797a05048176d2ff95b

the final release of CF1.8 should b around january/february
    yes i know still alot of time to go
    but considering the amount of changes i also could have written a completly new mod like CF
    in the end we are talking about 20.000 - 30.000 adjustments to the current code of CF and tons of new stuff
    56k user might be a bit disappointed or they have more fun (depending on the view) coz the mod is going to be somewhat between 300 and 400mb big *gulp*

the changes start with possible new /extended intro movie going over new interfaces, new ships, systems, stations, quests, effects up to changes of the dynamic part of CF
    The SPs will get new toys, the new flhook changes will be introduced and im planning a server upgrade to get a better performance

New players can expect a less hard starting phase while the gathering of new items and weapons is going to b much harder
    the dynamic economy is going to be more random (maybe even totally random)

Did you like the DK cruiser layout? i did... and so more of these organic ships will appear.

2 new alien factions will appear in CF but what does this "Dom" mean?
    No - for sure its not Dominion like some ppl did expect O_o

now the question is "do you want spoilers or do you want to find out the story ingame?"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i vote for ingame. Once 1.8 is out send us into the right direction tho so there wont be too big of an hassle to learn about the story. (or put as news in the bars.. whatever^^.. ingame)

• In game! I might have to come see ^^

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• In-game I would think - oftentimes I won't end up knowing about a new feature until someone else tells me, but that's the price to pay for not being a clever (or lucky) enough explorer. :P

Sounds like it will be pretty incredible m8. It'll be nice to have the elite equipment be very hard to get. Perhaps then we'll see fighters that aren't all maxed out within a month or two. Easier startup will be good for keeping newbies' interests up, but I just hope it's not exploitable by the rest of us. Hehehe, as for the organic ships, I'm pretty sure we all love it. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• i vote for in Game

every new task is a good task ^^

I bet we will see different Clan RPs exploring together ;) (Azadur what about a Log Book of experiences?)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Ingame please :)
    Still cant believe how much you can pack into CF:)

• Can we please not have sign boards blowing sirens 8o:(

I would like to know how would this work and for how much time would it sound the siren. If it is continuous, I and many others will go mad. :D

THE FASTEST ONE

I would like to know how would this work and for how much time would it sound the siren. If it is continuous, I and many others will go mad.

THINK! (at least for a minute... [12] ). The audible warning could easily be made the same as the Dark Reign klaxons, which also have an audio range, so you don't hear it except within targeting range (4-6K). If you sit around the signs so much, your sanity is already impaired [10]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

the mod is going to be somewhat between 300 and 400mb big

I`m gonna have to buy a new HDD... mine`s allready filled up ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

Originally posted by Centaurian
    If you sit around the signs so much, your sanity is already impaired [10]

rofl

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

Originally posted by Centaurian

THINK! (at least for a minute... [12] ). The audible warning could easily be made the same as the Dark Reign klaxons, which also have an audio range, so you don't hear it except within targeting range (4-6K). If you sit around the signs so much, your sanity is already impaired [10]

[12]
    I will illustrate an example.

We receive a warning that someone wants to kill some person in clan space and if we are supposed to protect him, we will have to wait by the gate so that the minute he appears, we should destroy him. :P

Don't you think waiting for him may turn us mad moreover when you are a merc. :P:):rolleyes:

THE FASTEST ONE

• Apf sirens....give me 1 ragnarok and u`ll see what lights and sirens means :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• wow great OP ;)

and ;( for this work to do for it. Take as much time you need so succeed. Think of your health...

BTW:

I vote for in game!

• i already think of my health... thats why im doing this since it really really bothers me to see low numbers of players

oh and who said something about sirens?
    i wrote that the signs will give some kind of warning (something like "you have just entered a clan system... bla bla")
    and this warning will be given only once (the 2nd warning might be gunfire then)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This seems to be a win/win situation. Lol, come on everyone, let's play the game more for OP's health! :D

As for the clan signs with audio cues, that'd be pretty dandy. Tresspassers run out of reasonable excuses for intrusion very quickly when it's impossible not to know you're entering clan space. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D: