define cheating plz

There are 120 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

But all one char means is that it takes longer to get from one place to another. I dont see how spending 15 minutes to fly from one end of the universe to the other every time they want to join in a combat or a trading run is supposed to add to the fun. That will only slow down the action.

this sounds like it is crap to play the game like it is supposed to be in first play
    flying from system to system... risking to pass pirate territory

when i look back the past years the most fun part for me was to fly together with friends around FL... chasing other players or exploring... sometimes even being chased

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• There is NO risk ,all u need is a full load of missiles and you can spam anyone to death.
    F1 and multiple chars are not the prob !
    When I started here I could fight for many minutes against a player without having to constantly use cms against missiles.
    Now I get spammed to death.
    Now how many missiles should a fighter carry ?
    its not even 50 ffs and thats with just 1 launcher.
    If I fight and get constantly missiled ,I never bother fighting that pilot again anymore.
    Id like to see anyone survive pvp longer than 5 mins in a 1on1 with missiles.
    You want realistic RP then get rid of these stupid and totally unreal loadouts!

• People are too lazy to use guns so they load up with missiles instead. i think ships should have a limit of 2 missiles on them :D

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• OP we fly all over the place. Example: Yesterday Gunny and I chased each other all over Sirius. After that I went to Altair and an SMG in a train 8o went with me.

I am almost always exposed to risk. When I trade I try to smuggle so the Police and Pirates both have some RP. Most players are trying to push RP.

The problem isnt the number of ships. The problem is RP attitudes. I am happy to say that attitudes are changing for the better. We are all making a concerted effort to push RP with good attitudes and reaching out to the new players more often. Are we perfect? no. But we are trying.

Please dont get me wrong, I am not trying to argue or to annoy you. Most of us are not bored because we do RP. The bored people just sit on their ass and complain to you. They dont RP, explore, or anything else, except complain and blame everyone else for their own laziness.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• @ Mu La Flaga: I never use missiles in PvP. I'll cede that I'll often spam torpedoes and mines, but my primary weapons are always my guns. People used to use fewer missiles and the PvPs involved more skill, lasted longer, and were less expensive. When people spam missiles at me I just spam CDs and CMs back... if I can't beat a person the next best thing is to make them waste as much ammo as possible. :D

@ Op: I agree. One of the most fun parts of FL is to fly with one of your comrades and experience the in-game environments on your way to a battle. This is why I prefer not to rig my reps to make travel easy - the gameplay is better when all the factions and travel distances are as realistic as possible. There is a flip-side though, which obviously I am on, but I understand both views. What would be best I think is that people kept their chars, but used them less for fast-forwarding to combat and more for exploring various roles, ship configurations, and clan activities. I do cede that I sometimes use F1 to get closer to the action, but it's all a matter of preference. It's a freedom and choice that each player gets to make. Some people like the long trek, others don't. Most people I think like to do a little of each.

burro: Indeed, I saw you guys chasing each other around last night. Hehehehe, looked like a good time. ;)

SeV: I've always been more of a fan of Stratego as well. Great game, but I haven't played it in ages. Chess is good too though. ^^

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• it is not strictly a SMG policy, but i do agree on everything Burro said.

as i said before, we dnt have such a great community and player numbers to insist on a one char per person policy.

it would be a simple suicide for crossfire.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

Originally posted by Wavey
    1. Now I get spammed to death.

2. Id like to see anyone survive pvp longer than 5 mins in a 1on1 with missiles.

3. You want realistic RP then get rid of these stupid and totally unreal loadouts!

1. Literaly.

2. Even I can demonstrate you that it's more than possible I don't like being involved in defensive fights but I can fight this way. I remember some PvP with some famous CF missilers lasting even more than 15 minutes which is outrageous.

3. Unreal, realistic?!? Launch combat drones, scramble fighters. Load missile tubes one through 20 with defensive missiles and 21 through 140 with offensive. Point defence lasers on standby. Fire!

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• tell me how a fighter can carry 200 missiles?
    and 150cds and still be a fighter?
    oops forgot the 50 torpedoes as well ....
    Since missiles became so powerful I have seen far fewer talented pilots in CF .
    Most now can only spam and spam again.....

• OK let me see - some spam and die a lot, some "spam" and die less frequently some know how to throw the ammo and manage to maintain high winning %. Interesting... maybe there is some skill involved?

On the other hand some cannot survive against missiles but your clan's best pilot - GalacticFire manage to evade 80% of the ammo throwed against him by a skilful missile fighter and almost 100% thrown by spammer. Even more strange? I would say there is some skill involved here maybe? Oh yes there is a number of pilots in CF that can do it currently. Small number but of course it's not realistic if everyone was an ace.

I will add that on the server there is at least one pilot who can kill a good missile fighter with guns only. How can that be? Quite simple if you think about this question - "when do we have to shoot the missiles if we want to hit the opponent?"

How can a fighter carry 550 pcs of ammo (300 missiles 150 CD/torp 50 mines, 50 CMs). A small look at a fighter docking with a station with about 2000 population will answer the question. Oh yes maybe the figters are made unrealistic? But well we play freelancer for god sake - ask the developers not me :D .

And if a fighter can carry 50 life pods (even if they are little bigger than a human body)... why not to carry 11 times it's cargo hold in ammo since the fighting is it's primary function? Let's see a fighter nowadays - space for 1 pilot and... ?

Oh well I'll just go and play tetris.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• real skill comes from being able to actually hit with guns, missiles home in and are used because they take of loads of health, personally guns is much more fun and ppl need to start seeing that.

{LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• ok - then lets limit the use of missiles a bit
    is 10 missiles ok? or do you want me to do it like with the coalition torpedo -> use of cargospace and therefore different amount of missiles depending on the ship

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• well it happen to me again i left nephele on the run yes i escaped tarsus
    i took a look who was behind me no 1 there just the hunter still in nephele i jump to london same time i go for pee
    i come back arived in london still in jump movie
    wtf same guy from nephele well wow this is rp
    and so on and so on

• pvping only with guns? lol, that's nearly the same thing then fight NPC's, most of the player's can be beaten in a gun fight without even move, the thing about missils is a poor excuse because we all know that missils can be dodged, and that's probably the best part of PVP.

Anyway, how about to make class 9 and 10 ammo selled only on house capitals and Arena?

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• im not saying don't use missiles at all, just not so much so your not trying to kill people as soon as possible your actually enjoying having a fight longer than 5 minutes.

{LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    ok - then lets limit the use of missiles a bit
    is 10 missiles ok? or do you want me to do it like with the coalition torpedo -> use of cargospace and therefore different amount of missiles depending on the ship

it is a very good idea, op. big ammo, like missiles, torps and maybe mines, should take up the space in cargo. i like this idea very much. u can leave an initial ten slots free that don't take cargo space, and if a player wants more, then... goes the cargo space. :)

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po