My first PC Game

There are 58 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• we love our old games :D:D:D

my first 1 that i can vividly remember is Star Wars: X-Wing vs Tie-fighter.
    i was such a Star Wars nut then and still am now ^^ my mom bought it off a guy she worked with.

• My first games were....

Atari 2600 - Tanks :D (oh yes..... i am that old) :D

ZX48k Speccy - Horace Goes Skiing (like frogger...... but more fun) :D

Sam Coup'e - Defenders of the Earth (pls dont ask me bout this one) :D

C64 - Sid Meiers Pirates (miss this one)

Amiga 500 - Bionic Commando - (it was what came in the box)

Amiga 2000 - Sid Meiers Civilization (brill game. still have a copy)

Amiga CD - Elite 2 Frontier (unforgetable, loved it)

PS1 - Final Fantasy 7 (all-time classic)

PS2 - SSX (was best there was at launch)

PC - Freelancer (Still good game)

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

Originally posted by Flash_Gordon
    The first game was Civilisation 2 from Sid Meier.

It is Civilization, m8. :)

The 1st game I played on PC: Civilization (original ofc, i am old enough).

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• humm.....

The first game I ever played was on a mac-plus my father brought back from work. It was flight simulator, it fitted on a floppy with the mac os 3 it needed to run. It was all in false grayscale. I still can't understand how a 3d program could run on a 8mhz processor whit one meg off ram.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• my first PC game was... GTA2

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• pong in the pub some time inthe 70's. didn't play much, too busy drinking.

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top

• Tank Racer or Star Wars Rogue Squadron I'm not sure

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• My first was...Su-25 stormovik on IBM-486...i`m so old too:D
    After that i`d played "Mortal Kombat" on Sega:)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• First PC game was Rogue on something like a 286 laptop my house mate had. First PC game on a PC I owned was DOOM.

First game ever was Asteroids on ZX81 (16k), again a friends computer.

First game on a computer I owned was Castle of Riddles (text based adventure) on BBC Micro (B)

Had a couple of Amigas (500 & 2000) but could not tell you what the first games on them was.

PS was Resident Evil

PS2 was GT3

GameCube was Pikmen

Oh happy days...........

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

486? I remember having a C64, Amiga, 286, 386 and eventually a 486..

I remember even 286 and ATARI:) There was just my 1st game on 486. Also I remember old russian PCs "Poisk-1" and "Poisk-2" with black-white monitors:D I bet, you don`t know them. And also I remebered huge boxes that worked on perfocards and no has even a soundcard:D
    So I let you know that I`m wanna switch:)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• first game must have been duke nukem or warcraft I ... or doom I or something, however I was 7 years old at that time, mustve fucked me up I guess =)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Heh, I still miss those old games... my first one was Pac-Man, followed up by Arkanoid, Tetris, and The Vikings.

''Space. It seems to go on and on forever. Then you get to the end, and a monkey starts throwing barrels at you.'' - Phillip Fry, Futurama

• My first ever PC game was the Lost Vikings I. After playing this one, my mom got Lost Vikings II and I also got hooked on that. Sort of like an old Arcade type game where you control three dudes, but can only control one at once, and you use them to get past obstacles and monsters, along the way, you can trade away one of your vikings to other guys who can for instance, jump really high, or fire fireballs. You have to guide the three of them from start to exit.

My favourite guy was Olaf. He could block fire for his enemies to quickly rush through, or could block enemy projeciles. He could also use his shield as a hang-glider and raise his shields for his friends to get to higher places, however Baelog the Fierce had a sort of Lightsabre in LV2. Erik is a very fast guy, running faster then any character. Using his speed, you can use him to bash through walls and foes using his helmet. He can also jump the highest out of any character. They have plenty of levels in LV1 and those levels are based in different time periods to defeat their captivator. In LV2, all I can remember is that there are some bad guys you need to kill, and break free your vikings from another captivator,

L+ Ratio

• I played that too
    long time ago

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!