Posts by bundy42

Nope, not even a black screen, it's as if I've pressed the exit button instead of the play button ... I'll try to reinstall the whole thing altogether and see what happens.

Well, it isn't a bug, nor a crash, but a simple case of inability to start the game ^^

Followed the download instructionst, installed first freelancer, then flmm, then crossfire. All seemed to work well, and crossfire is succesfuly enabled in flmm. Still, it doesn't work. The launcher downloaded its updates properly, but when I click on either single player or multiplayer nothing happens. The launcher closes and that's it.

Only change I've made to vanilla freelancer is tampering with it so that it works on my screen resolution, which is 1920x1080. But it worked fine before cf, and I can't see this interfering.
    Maybe it's a Windows 7 issue? Or I've done something wrong, or haven't done something else?

Oh for crying out loud, are these arguments still around? I think it's fair to say it's time to cheer up, everyone :)... The frustration,is it done, when it will be done, I bet it will be done by the date x, I hope there will be dockable space pancakes... I mean, I haven't been around for a long time, because of a general lack of time, and I don't know the entire argument, but this is what I see. Still, it all doesn't matter, and it shouldn't, because of this:

Freelancer itself is something very brilliant. A true gem of computer tehnology, atleast from my perspective, one of the most enjoyable games of all time. If there's someone out there who is willing to polish that gem for YOU and for FREE, you should respect that. Period.

So it takes long. Took a couple of thousand years to turn a chariot into a formula 1 racecar. Was it worth the wait? Ooh yes it was. So it shall be with crossfire aswell. Freelancer isn't running away, and I will be waiting for the day of its release... Until it's ready :)

Well, I'm sorry I was inactive a very long time myself, just didn't have time to do anything. I didn't think that last year of high school would be this challenging...

Anyway, I wish you good luck with the project, I'll try to get online as soon as possible, CF 1.7 or 1.8, I don't care, the only thing that matters here is that freelancer is one heck of a great game ^^

Well, he's got a point, the enemies on the start are way too hard. With the starting ship you can do virtually nothing. Ofcourse it's easy with a battleship :D

Yeah, I guess your right, CF is more like a ''hell of a lot of changes'' mod ^^

So, which one of those that you mentioned was your favorite? Anything you'd reccomend?

Have you done any other mods on FL before settling on crossfire, and what were those like?

I only had mods that added new ships or stuff, like battleship patrols in new york, but this is the first time that I tried a total conversion mod.

Yeah, well, imageshack has options to resize it, that's why it was so small in the first place, because I accidentally put it on avatar size (100x75)

Problem solved!

It was the drivers, problem was, I didn't know which sound card I had, because it's integrated on the motherboard. Luckily I found the motherboard's CD, and on it an installation for new sound card drivers.

Thank you all for your help, now my Freelancer expirience is complete :D

Yeah, that was my mistake, copy this in your signature area instead:

EDIT: for some reason, I can't post the code that you should put in your signature area, so do this:

Save the image on your pc, then go here:

http://imageshack.us/

Upload the image, and paste the hotlink for forums (1) in your signature area.

Ok, here it is: the 1st one is with the original orange phoenix, the second with one that I thought would maybe fit better with the rest of the picture.