My first PC Game

There are 58 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• First PC game, weeee. Thats some time ago.
    Friend of my father owned one of the first 286x back then and I got to play Dos-PacMan every weekend :D. Must have been around ~1989 when the german wall fell^^ (no real computers available in the eastern part before that..)
    A year later when my father bought himself a pc aswell, I used to play Blockout (the best 3d Tetris solution yet never to be topped!) and Pizza (crazy ass jumpn run where you had to play a pizza boy delivering a single pizza to the top of a manager's building evading dynamite rabbits and whatsoever^^).

Azadur you seem like the kind of guy who has enjoyed Ultima Online playing on the chaos side once a time. Am I right? :D

Originally posted by DrStraw

Azadur you seem like the kind of guy who has enjoyed Ultima Online playing on the chaos side once a time. Am I right? :D

LOL - Pizza games? Hah

Ultima Online? No - I never did - but I wish I had

If its still around - maybe I will pop in and take a look as I was well into the series from Ultima 4 and liked that particular idea of being virtous in a game rather than KOS all the time :-)

• 1990 Carrier Command

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• First proper pc game I actually *remember* playing was the original Age of Empires. Me and my younger brother visited my cousin used to play it on an LAN for hours and hours..... I played as the Yamato, my brother played as the Assyrians, and my cousin played as the Romans. Good times :]

I know I used to play Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit, and SU-27 Flanker, but I think I played AoE first ^^

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• the first game i played was starlancer an play it in long time mostly the deathmatches there good dog fights.

even was in a team there in past, thes days only see 2 of them whitch is left from that time swat and wp.
    still play it once and awile.....

Whr
    Mitrawnarundo

• Karateka. I wonder if I can find a 64bit compatible version :] .

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• Sargon III, chess program ca. 1984, played on a Commodore 64 :P Yes, I know, most of you weren't born yet...^^

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• CA the average age in CF is relatively high so I guess most of us were born :D:D

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

Originally posted by DrStraw
    Must have been around ~1989 when the german wall fell^^ (no real computers available in the eastern part before that..)

lol ;)
    Its the same by me but i had 1996 my first PC.
    The first game was Civilisation 2 from Sid Meier.
    I played it verry long time.
    I think now i can play it with closed eyes. :D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Originally posted by Centaurian
    Sargon III, chess program ca. 1984, played on a Commodore 64 :P Yes, I know, most of you weren't born yet...^^

I also had this on either BBC or C64

:-)

I remem it and preferred it to later well known chess programmes like Battle Chess LOL

I also think there was a Colossol Chess around that time too.

Now on the BBC - we need to play a tape 100 :-)

• The first....hmm I think it was called Taipan, it was a silly text based trading game where you traded, battled and or ran from pirates
    Then onto all the early D&D based games like Pool of Radiance etc
    The most time I played Elite (C64)....loooooollllll the good old days

Edit:Games and graphics sure have come along way since then

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D