MK 10 Weapon overhaul

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thanhrui.

• Based on some feedback from few weeks ago I would like to see MK10 weapons being rebalanced.

But I don't want to swing the nerf hammer. Instead lets discuss how to improve the somewhat weaker weapons in this category.

Meta seems to be the W'ar-sy Propulsor and the Coalition Gatling these days. Others are barely used for various reasons.

Lets discuss how to change that.

An overview of the weapon stats can be found at: Weapons - SWAT Portal

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• You want include also other codenames? (no MK)

The most problematic is Range, 2nd is projectiles speed. One from buffs may be against battleships, with good range, but slow projectyles speed.

Another variant may be with matching MK guns with other lvl9 projectyles speed (similar like is Ancient Energy Cannon, which is unique in this regard)

• Well, yeah I guess everybodys wants range and projectile speed. The reasons are well understandable but it also would have made the balancing pretty boring.

While hitting something far away is great the truth is that most shots at large distance miss their targets due to bad aiming or targets not moving where predicted.

Shorter range weapons which in return have a higher damage output in my eyes should remain valid options. Same with shield bursting weapons and weapons with lower energy consumption. I think the mix makes it interesting.

But the mix also is what makes balancing tricky.

I created a rating system for all the mk10 weapons (vanilla codenames and nomad weapons excluded as they will remain the way they are).

All these weapons got a rating number for:

• Range
    • Projectile speed
    • Energy consumption
    • Shield DPS
    • Hull DPS

So in total 5 ratings per weapon from which a total rating is calculated.

This total rating is the reference point of balancing the weapons. The top used weapons (oh surprise) had a relative similar total rating (a rating of 2.2 to 2.4).

The above mentioned values of the other weapons are being rebalanced to reach similar total ratings. Some getting higher speeds, some get more range, some get less energy consumption and many get a higher damage output.

In the end weapons will have advantages and disadvantages based on play style but the overall performance should be much closer to the current top weapons.

Codenames MK2 all will get their range and speed increased to 1000/1000. That is a significant boost compared to what it was before but it is not a coalition gatling or a war'si. However, most of these guns either will have a higher DPS or lower energy consumption. Not all of the codenames will be able to perfectly compete with the top guns but the gap will be much smaller.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is possible think about adjusting some of lower lvl weapons projectiles speeds up to 1000 m/s? I’m asking because for example for hunting in inner core sector would be very interesting full guns setups which at given new speed (1000) would have good chance to be used efficiently (read as hit target in hands of skilled pilot). Now is for full guns PvE build possible use only ancient drones guns setup.

• It is not intended to do that. However there would be the option to include new weapon as rewards e.g. for the Black Star fleet events.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Class 10 weapons a super powerful and late game are amazing, as you said; the Coalition Gattling is very powerful and is a shield ender (even with upgrades) it needs a balance

the War'syr propulsor is also quite nasty, it's power hungry, no lie, but can end a VHF in 2 shots with the CGC

I would say if any weapons need a buff (and for those that can barely survive Dom space) are the Nomad weapons, Nomads in Mplayer are still very difficult to kill but the loot is worth it, it is a shame they don't hit like they once used to in Vanilla

• They hit exactly like in vanilla but others outperform them meanwhile and I don't think that it is something bad since they have the great benefit of no energy cost at all.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The WIKI page for weapons has been updated with the new stats.

Weapons - SWAT Portal

I did some minor corrections to values when there were rounding errors somewhere. The numbers are now correctly based on the values used by FL.

The stats for the normal (MK1) Codenames also were added.

All Codename weapons are now classified as "Antiproton".

Antiproton will not have a bonus or malus on shields like the other damage types. The other damage types (laser, plamsa, particle, etc.) can perform upto 20% better or worse depending on the shield type your enemy uses.

Antiproton will always deal a flat 100% damage value to the currently existing shields.

Antiproton will gain a damage bonus vs. the shields of the upcoming Blackstar faction.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• you are right

fixed

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i see all kind of MK2 is good now. that improve the dangerous of CSF/ASF and another faction which mounted MK2 in their ships. but the Mk2 value is a bit over 60k credits. that is very low if we compare with another kind of lv10 guns. should you make small change? another think CSF/ASF pod is really hard to collect. increase the value pod is not bad idea

• you mean the sell price?

since codenames are looted from wrecks that probably is not the best idea

dunno atm if the wrecks respawn once per day or can be looted only once

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeah i mean sell price

3 ways to get Mk2

1. killing NPCs ( some kind of them, not all )

2. looted from wrecks

3. Finish the tour

Plenty MK2 are mounted on CSF/ASF ships. now they are dangerous for some one who dont have good relationship with them. then crossing X is same with crossing alien sys

Edited once, last by thanhrui ().