20 years FL

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Next year will be FLs 20th anniversary and I was just recently informed that there is something planned for that on twitch. Kinda like a possiblity to stream and showcase active mod projects.

I don't have any details about this. Dunno who is organizing it and where it happens. Ive not been directly asked by the people involved but got this info/request indirectly instead.

To be frank, I have never streamed before and actually never had the intention to ever start with that. In my eyes that would be something to be done by a native english speaker.

And exactly that was my initial reply.

The persistent answer to my reply was:

There must be some member of your team who could do this. To not have Crossfire represented would be wrong imho. It's one of the most long standing mods out there

Volunteers?

If so I would try to request more info about this stuff. e.g. when this is planned to happen. How long such a stream would last. What is expected to be showcased and how.

Right now all I was told is that there is such a possibility.

Discuss ;)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Maybe my idea to create high quality intro video could be nice stuff for such occasion. I will work on it anyway, I just started playing SP Campaign again and I'm taking source videos along the way ... will take some (longer) time, but if there will be some english speaking player volunteering for representing CF mod in above mentioned stream project, he can use it.

• Hello ,

This is great idea to stream on twitch and showcase the game and the CF mod via a live stream , but we can do even more here on CF , we can organize a aniversary reunion where ppl join the server at that time and date

Its not that hard to do this ,we just need to get in touch with some old ppl (veterans) via idk discord , social media , phone , mail , i am prety sure that the staff team can send a mass email to all register members about this aniversary reunion event , i personal can get in touch 4-5 guys who played on CF and everyone who read this thread can do the same.

Just think about this , a twitch live stream where is showcase the CF mod and in adition to that, this aniversary reunion where lot of ppl are online ... it will be awesome WOW.

Ofc for this to happen we (all of us) need to left behind all the bads and bad blood from the past, i personal had in past goods and bads on CF but i move on and to be honest how hard is to do that ??? just download the game , instal and be present online at that period of time and pay a little respect for this game and for people how put hard work on this mod ,simple like that..

I personal if this will be organize will try be present no matter what , because i LOVE Freelancer game and liked (still like) this mod so much ,best of luck to all of you cya.

• I can try to put such a message into the newsletter i December.

Sending a 2nd one probably wont be possible since sending mass emails is not really liked by the server hosts. I had trouble because of it last year.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

I can try to put such a message into the newsletter i December.

Thats great ,maybe the end of december (holidays time) is perfect to send the newsletter , so alll we need now is a enghlis speaker person who is willing to live stream and the time and date of this event , i ve check and i assume this will be on a saturday 4 march 2023 sience then is exactly 20 years from Freelancer release.

Anyways the whole idea is to gather online as much as we can to celebrate this special occasion and pay a tribute for this awesome game which all of us love so much , lets do this guys .

• Ok, as I learned yesterday I apparently misunderstood how this FL anniversary event was meant to happen.

I had the initial impression that this meant to be a centralized event with a place where everything happens, but it looks like the different modding projects do their streams separately on twitch, youtube or wherever else they want (if they do them) and the only thing connecting this event is just a schedule telling interested players to which location they actually can go if they are interested.

In my eyes this is a bit a downer since this hardly can be announced as an event of the FL community. Doing some advertisement for it is going to be tricky and I also have my doubts that people will watch the streams of mods they don't even know or play if there is no centralized stream somehow.

Ive been thinking about this half the day already and think we just drop the idea of participating with a Crossfire stream.

Instead we do something totally crazy. We meet on the server on 4th March 2023 and do some ingame events to celebrate FLs 20th anniversary. We organize some stuff for that day and play the damn game together instead of sitting infront of a stream alone.

Conveniently that's a saturday. So what do you say? Celebrate the game by playing it?

Sounds like a good plan, right?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok guys, about two weeks till the FL 20 year anniversary.

Time to discuss what we are going to do.

Lets start with an initial and not so unimportant issue. I am renovating the house atm and expect to get a new kitchen on Monday 6th March.

That is right after the anniversary weekend and I was not entirely sure about my progress till then and how to find the time to actually do all of the stuff.

Despite the CF updates that I also put out (if possible weekly) I meanwhile managed to be ahead of schedule a bit. So in theory 4th March and that weekend should be possible for me to have a bit FL anniversary time. YAY!

For Saturday 4th March I thought it would be a good idea to meet in the evening hours on the Discord server and discuss CF. Future plans, wishes, ideas, questions in general... whatever is on your mind.

Since it is hard to tell how long we will need for that I would say we consider this "open end" and spontaniously decide what we are going to do after.

E.g. having some kind of server event or doing some pvp on the server.

Like other FL communities we could stream this but honestly I would prefer it when people participate instead of just watching a stream.

So to sum up.... Saturday open end community meeting followed by some online activities.

For the following day I also can try to host events in the evening hours. If you have specific wishes for events you can share them right here.

It also would be nice if some community members can organize events during that weekend.

Instand reward money will be provided by me.

All participants will get a 20 year anniversary award (displayed here on the website). All users with that award will get some special ingame rewards.... somewhat later (I have to prepare a patch for it).

We can prolong the event throughout the following week if there are enough participants.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• All participants will get a 20 year anniversary award (displayed here on the website). All users with that award will get some special ingame rewards.... somewhat later (I have to prepare a patch for it).

Let's clarify all participants or only those who play multiplayer? For those of us who play only single player, there will be no prizes? Oh yes, participants of what? Should I enter the multiplayer only then to get the reward? It's not about the prize, it's about the curiosity of what it could be. I will be happy to participate in anything you organize purely for the love of the game and your work on this mod, I will even follow the event on discord.

• SWAT_OP-R8R just wanna point out a Typo; 4th of March is a Saturday not a Friday.

I am planning to stream the game and get this "forgotten" game some traction hopefully and maybe bring more new players to this mod. Can run it alongside my Charity work I'm doing slowly if that helps?

If this plan is alright with you I can get a post started somewhere here on the Forum? (I wouldn't know what section of the Forum to advertise on)

#Revive_Freelancer

• Let's clarify all participants or only those who play multiplayer? For those of us who play only single player, there will be no prizes? Oh yes, participants of what? Should I enter the multiplayer only then to get the reward? It's not about the prize, it's about the curiosity of what it could be. I will be happy to participate in anything you organize purely for the love of the game and your work on this mod, I will even follow the event on discord.

Since I can only give such ingame rewards on the server its of course MP related.

The forum reward/trophy of course would be for everyone... also the ones which simply attend the discord meeting.

Trophies - SWAT Portal

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• SWAT_OP-R8R just wanna point out a Typo; 4th of March is a Saturday not a Friday.

I am planning to stream the game and get this "forgotten" game some traction hopefully and maybe bring more new players to this mod. Can run it alongside my Charity work I'm doing slowly if that helps?

If this plan is alright with you I can get a post started somewhere here on the Forum? (I wouldn't know what section of the Forum to advertise on)

#Revive_Freelancer

My bad, I should have consulted a calendar (I am a mental wreck atm). Will correct the post.

Note to myself: add "mental" wreck to the mod somewhere (just for the lols)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah 4 march is close and since i want to participate i will give you my personal view about this aniversary meeting , its just an idea ...

So on 4 march evening hours why not meet on CF server in front of manhattan NY maybe someone make a speech , do some chating and after all of us make a tour of Sirius sector ,after the tour we can make a series of events PvP , PvE i mean whatever ppl will like to do, personally i am open and i will participate at any activitys or events , see you on 4 march .

• i just wanna thx to everyone who was online yesterday (evening) , we manage to do some events , one TDM , a nomad hunt and after we invade IC space to steal the alien technology , we had a great time and lot fun , thx again for coming on this special day which was 20 years of freelancer cya soon pilots .

imgbb.com

screen27.png
  • Ive seen you guys in Innercore when I came online after ~3 hours on discord discussing mod related topics. Did not want to disturb your exploration trip.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• and todays pvps brought back some fancy memories

thx

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• We also organised a few "events" with everbody that participated in the 20 Years anniversary as you will see in the video links i attached and they were wonderful and fun . Hope to see more of them in the future and i'm proud to call myself a member of this community. Fly safe pilots.

Video Links in Honor of Freelancer's 20 Years Anniversary

Team Deathmatch Event

Nomad Hunt Event

Inner Core Invasion

Special thanks to all the participants , and to SWAT_OP-R8R and his team for their hard work in making this Mod the best out there.