Game difficulty

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hey guys,

here’s a question, is crossfire meant to be this hard?
    holy dooly, I’m still in liberty for the sp campaign, I have 1.5mil credits from trading and have bought the best combat ship and weapons etc available.
    i also take off from a station or hop through a jump gate to be ambushed by enemies and am dead in 10 seconds even with full shield batteries and nano bots,

what gives?

all the reviews state this is an incredible kid with heaps of content, but only a couple of hours in and I’m about ready to uninstall and try something else.

am I doing something wrong?

• its not difficult once you know how to play it.

I suggest taking a look at our combat guides in the Wiki.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ich habe es so gemacht bis ende mission 4 gespielt, dan habe ich mir die kopfgelder von krimenellen geholt, die jedes mal wen fracht raum voll war abgegeben, mir dann jedes mal bessereschiff und schilde geholt, das habe ich so lange gemacht bis ich zur station kam wo man die Eagle (Omicron Theta System Zoners Basis Station Freeport 09) kaufen kann, das 10 schild habe ich mir hier Omega-03-System Bretonia Police Authority Basis Station Baxter Research Station, das Adv. Barrier H. F. Shield MK2 gekauft.

Kopfgelder:

endgin: 30.000

corporal: 45.000

Sergeant: 60.000

Major: 80.000

Leutnant: 100.000

• Hey bud, I've just finished the mod so I can help.

The A.I. is a LOT smarter than the core game this I won't lie about, what you need to do is use your thrusters and Z in tandem (engine kill) because you turn a lot faster, and a lot have bad habits of hiding in the blind spot (rear) behind you.

Also taking shield killer weapons (stunpulse, Taz Di) will assist in combat because even NOMADS have shields, you need a shield killer if you want to make combat easier, don't go mental for missiles, enemies actively use countermeasures now, if you do use Missiles you have to sadly do a KAMAKAZIE into them to make sure they hit otherwise CMD will counter you hard.

I have seen the A.I. does learn how you play and it can hinder you, adaptation is key to survival, I hade to change my gameplay style 8 times over the campaign.

The most Powerful shields are Graviton (ADV. Champion) because a lot of enemies (mainly late game like NOMAD and DOM sects) use weapons that are weakest against Graviton shields (took me 3 runs from IMG Hypergate to Dom'Kavosh space) to figure this out.

As for upgrades you want/need/MUST HAVE the MK9 Shield booster and from Planet Sol/Crossfire Armour class 10 upgrade these will massively boost your survivability (I survived a Mothership core implosion in the final fight because of these boosters)

I hope this helps

• Thanks for the tips mate. Hopefully one day I can make use of them. I can’t even find the jump gate/hole to custodian :(.

all the forums and maps say it’s near Rochester base but I have zig zagged the entire area. Even bought a deep scanner, nothing at all.

I just went to doc, got told I was entering the cue, then got jumped by some outcasts and was dead by the time I hit escape.

im giving this mod another few hours and of things don’t improve I’ll probably be uninstalling it to be frank.

• Just few notes:

• DURING active SP Campaign are some of gates purposely removed because access there violates campaign storyline
    • Hard coded vanilla Freelancer part have passages where is campaign temporary inactive and is reactivated usually when player reach next lvl (will sell pods, buy ship etc.)
    • Trying visit newly addes systems during SP campaign and especially while playing early stages of story is not recommended (especially when player do not have clues about technical limitations of mods codding for Freelancer game.
  • Custodian lexicon entry was updated with Note related to SP Campaign.