Is there a way to auto-aim in battles?

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I know you can press R to select the closest enemy, but I would LOVE to have an auto aim for singleplayer, especially when getting to those harder Crossfire Missions & Those unnecessary "credit hunting" missions.

• Hi

ghyujkilop

auto aim is always on in FL ---------- when the sight is on the target it spins ------- at that moment you have a lock ---- fire and you should hit the target

not a guarantee because NPCs take evasive action ---- and they can be quick

what you need to do is target not the ship but the cross in front of it --- fire at that cross and follow as best you can the evasive NPC when the sight spins fire and you will hit and win

select your target at first and practice on the larger cross that is presented ----- after a while you will get good enough to sight and follow the NPCs and sight and shoot them down without selecting them ---- you will be able to sight the small cross in front of your target and remember that cross is what your sight has to be placed on --- that is where your enemy is going to be ---- target it and shoot and you will win.

another factor to keep in mind with FL is to always keep moving -- never sit still -- that is the most important thing don't get too busy aiming if you stop moving they will all zero in on you and that will be that --- restart will be in order.

Good luck and good flying :) :)

see you in space mate :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• I know you can press R to select the closest enemy, but I would LOVE to have an auto aim for singleplayer, especially when getting to those harder Crossfire Missions & Those unnecessary "credit hunting" missions.

I am completely agree with you.

• Hi,

short answer to thread question is a "No" (in sense that player will just push trigger and targets falls apart). And now little longer explanation: I fear that you want something what never was meant to be a thing in old games like Freelancer. This game is/was meant to be fun, challenging (at least little bit) and also requires gradual improvement of flight/combat skills because later in storry player can (will) encounter much tougher and deadlier NPCs as those on start. We can give you guides and offer advices how to improve ... however there will be not given things which are considered as cheating because this mod have also multiplayer (and sepparating things for single and multi player is not always possible). In SP you can also use difficulty slider to make fights easier if you are dying too quickly (it really is not needed with little practice, but it is available option).

My personal advice is look on this wiki section: Combat Video Guides - SWAT Portal ... it can make fighting (and flying in general) in CF mod much easier and also allow much faster learning because it shows ways how to quickly and efficiently improve yourself.