My opinion about Crossfire 2.0 update

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Alli.

• To the developers of Crossfire 2.0...you developed a magnificent game, only to destroy playability by catering to on-line multiplayers wanting more challenge. The spastic behavior of enemy ships...for more than ever before is untenable for, I'm sure many but certainly me. In short...it's not fun anymore. I SADLY say goodbye, reverting to other mods much more interesting to me to play and certainly less "challenging" like Genesis.

• Have fun with other games/mods defender33! We have here enough guides and experienced players can give advices, but only IF is player interested to improve with mostly flying techniques, or at least is willing to ask for help if have issues with play, ... but is hardly to expect that this mod (like can be applied to any game) can fit everyone tastes.

• Martind Forlon

Changed the title of the thread from “Crossfire 2.0 update” to “My opinion about Crossfire 2.0 update”.
  • You somewhat misunderstand the situation a bit.

We have not destroyed the playability with online multiplayer.

The mod ALWAYS was FOR online multiplayer and I have multiple times already reduced the difficulty of the mod because of the singleplayer and people not willing to learn and adapt to a new (in my opinion) better experience.

Sure NPCs are harder to kill in Crossfire but I actually provided every tool neccessary to deal with the situation. More powerful ships, more powerful weapons, much better equipment, new ways to earn money in order to get hands on powerful gear (better trading, container market, mining, selling escape pods, etc.).

The somewhat higher difficulty is perfectly balanced with the more powerful stuff you can use in the game.

You can even watch the combat guides and learn from them if you want.

If you actually use these new tools and mechanics is up to you... you are totally free not to learn and blame us for that.

I am totally fine with that. I don't care much about it after all I already did to please the offline players... I think I did my job to provide the best possible experience for both... online and offline players.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Good evening everyone. I'll add my 5 kopecks to this question (topic of conversation).

When I first played this mod in a single player game, I also experienced difficulties with NPCs + a long transition through character levels.

This issue was solved by one program for money to buy everything you need and complete the single player company of the game.

I decided to play CF online, I have experience on other Freelancer servers. Each server has its own rules on how to develop your character.

Knowing the complexity of CrossFire with NPS, I went to the Swat Portal website forum. I found a development theme on the server and followed the instructions and started playing.

All this I'm leading to: Not every player who enters the CF server will read the forum or instructions / manuals on how and what to do in this mod!

I think it is necessary when entering the server that the player is given such information so that he must visit the Swat portal website and read the guide for developing his Character on the server.

P.S. I know that on the server, when leaving the planet, the greeting text and a link to the site are "running". Also, the server automatically issues information after X minutes.

I mean Highlight: in a different font, color, separate information on the subject of character development in the game on the server.

As the Russians say: poke your nose! in a good way. :)

Edited once, last by Alli ().