Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content

There are 274 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by <SF>IndianaJones.

• yes, a firewall would block updates but that also would prevent all improvements done to the mod

Generally the SP also offers the option not to down load updates everytime.

The reshade issue however is related to these updates.

The launcher update which ran automatically updated the rehade settings. But this only works if you also download the other files aswell. This time both updates have to be done, the automatic launcher update and the mod update. Then reshade should work again.

You dont have to do the SP update everyday but every now and then would be a good idea.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• this update just got released

• The FPS lock problem should be fixed with it.
    • Additionally to this CF now supports borderless window mode (set window mode in launcher options).
    • The all landing scripts got completely rewritten and the launch scripts also got an syntax verification. This hopefully will fix the rare and random crashes when docking.
    • A plugin error was fixed which at least in my case was able to cause crashes.
    • Multiple improvements to HUD and UI were introduced (just some small detail changes)
    • Fix to the texture lod issue on Manhattan bar
    • Fix to broken scripts which rendered 6 bars invisible
    • fixes to widescreen settings of certain stations
    • improvements to 9 previously done base interiors
    • the last 8 Rheinland base interiors got their visual updates

Downloaded but I'm still at 60FPS - I've done the shader erasure & also the "Add your graphics card to Info File"
    Have seen it is running smoother

• CyberBlueJackal about 60 fps: do you have vsync ‘on’? Try switch it off.

• Depending on your graphic card either via the ATI or Nvidia software.

Alternative to that you probably also can use the window mode in the launcher options. I think window mode does not have vsync on.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• only in theory

Run the dgvoodoocpl.exe.

Ignore all errors.

Unchecked "capture mouse" and press ok.

Downloading updates probably will overwrite the setting again. If working I most likely can provide a version that allows settings that don't get overwritten.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The update earlier this week was only to establish a new clan system in Oasis.

Ive drifted a bit away from the visual update stuff last week since by request I investigated into how to improve custom singleplayer voice lines. (still ongoing)

After getting the landing and launch scripts rewritten and meanwhile having some positive feedback I also decided to give same treatment to the 43 scripts used in singleplayer cut scenes. Large part of this work is already done but it is not intended to release the improved scripts anytime soon since they will have to be tested first and I would want to do that at a later point when actually working on improving some of the missions. The work done now on these scripts however will be released... just a bit later.

I also still investigating on the shader stuff and once I have a perfect solution it will be released.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• update just got released

The dyson texture bug should be gone now. I also once more improved the dyson/nomad textures by completely rebuilding them.

Experimental: HD versions of vanilla ships got introduced. I would for now consider this a test version because I am not sure if this might have negative performance issue when playing. Waiting for feedback on this one. If there are such issues then a more "condensed" version would be possible to be released.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I can't find the option so I'll just ask here.

I like to play in windowed mode with border so I can move the window.

How do I do that, after the latest update? It will only go in borderless mode.

I have always played Freelancer in 4:3 mode (1280*960), windowed, because I don't like how it looks in widescreen. Now, that doesn't work anymore for me.

Edited 4 times, last by Apache ().

• It's in the launcher, click the Cog in the bottom right Before launching there is a tick-box for Windoed

I tried that already, the window was still borderless. Not what I need.

If I uncheck it, it starts in fullscreen, and Alt+Enter switches it to borderless window.

How do I get a window with a border? I need the ability to drag it around.

By the way, I play with Vanilla FL shader in case that matters, but I tried Recommended too, to no avail.

Edited 3 times, last by Apache ().

• Just tested, textures of vanilla ships do look much better like there is diference in a good way . No gliches btw this game looks better and better thanks to this mod. Great job you people are tireless. Have you done somethig to shaders? Cos the game now runs smooth

• I can't find the option so I'll just ask here.

I like to play in windowed mode with border so I can move the window.

How do I do that, after the latest update? It will only go in borderless mode.

I have always played Freelancer in 4:3 mode (1280*960), windowed, because I don't like how it looks in widescreen. Now, that doesn't work anymore for me.

where do you want to move it?

center position?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• need to investigate a bit

Enabling the borderless window permanently disabled the border version an the is no way to get it back in the options. But maybe I'll find a way to set the position.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes please, that works better for me than the top left corner.

I don't have an easy solution for this since the FL window reacts differently than expected.

But until I have a better solution you can use WinExplorer v1.30

1. download the tool
    2. launch winexplorer after starting FL
    3. select Freelancer from the process list
    4. click on "size an position" tab
    5. change top and left coordinates to whatever you need for your resolution
    6. click on modify

Not an elegant solution but a workaround until I can provide something better.

I already have an idea but would need to find the correct values to modify.

Under "style" in winexplorer is the option "WS_SYSMENU". If its checked it is possible to press ALT+SPACE to bring up the window context menu which has a move option (using arrow keys).

Getting this option enabled by default for FL would probably be the best solution.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,