Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content

There are 278 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Due to private obligations this week only a small update on some Kusari bases.

I prepared a somewhat bigger update but that needs some final treatment.... next week.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• :bohsw:

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :bohsw:

Had a listen, they sound ok, it's a shame that someone cannot emulate her voice, would be better, but then again the A.I. Generated voice don't bug me horrifically (except Orillion when you meet him at new Berlin - Windows text to speech! *cringe* Glad it's only once)

• it's as close you can get to Junis voice without hiring Jennifer Hale.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Upcoming update probably sunday:

A good bunch of Kusari base interiors will be improved.

Probably even some further improvements on Liberty ones.

Furthermore there is going to be a change to the vanilla story. In the past months there have been a frequent amount of questions regarding the very first story mission and as it turned out players went straight to the ship dealer bought a ship and then experienced problems including crashes.

In vanilla FL this is not possible, not because the mission is in any way different but because in vanilla FL you simply do not start with enough money to buy a ship there.

There is a message "meet Juni at the equipment dealer" but apparently players manage to totally overlook/ignore this.

As result I have added a popup window that you need to confirm if you visit any other room other than the equipment dealer. A friendly reminder not to let the lady wait.

After talking to juni and getting your badass starflyer you are free to get a new ship from the ship dealer if that is your desire.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• mir ist das noch nie passiert, wen man nach der zerstörung von freeport 07 auf manhatten landen plocxk doch die mission auf und wo man hin soll, keine ahnung wie man das übersehen kann

You need to go to Manhattan Bar where a custcene will play, after you've "spoken" with the Bartender, Jun'ko is on a table to the entrance of the Bar which will carry you on, she will say where to go after.

After that because of credit surplus you can always get a better ship, or just carry on.

• no update today... but I did two bigger updates earlier this week improving a large quantity of assets used in vanilla storyline.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I’m still in early phase of vanilla part, replaying whole sp campaign. Something particular to look at? :)

• you should notice it

It's pretty much every asset exclusively used in sp story

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I once more changed mission 1.

Players by default start with 0$ now. Only by visiting Juni at the equipment dealer the 150.000$ starting money is added.

The popups introduced earlier will remain the way they are.

This new mechanic applies to newly installed CF versions.

Already existing installations still start with 150.000 and also get 150.000 for visiting Juni (total 300.000). Not a big deal. The new method aims to ensure new players do not run into problems. Players with already existing installations can consider this a bonus payment if they wish.

Technically it is too complicated to remove the 150.000$ from already existing installations due to windows security settings.

Similar changes were applied to OpenSP. You just won't really notice the moment the money is added.

The adjustment to OpenSP was required to prevent conflicts with the normal SP changes. (no other reason).

Main goal of all the changes simply was to give new CF players a butter smooth start into the story without and risks of messing up something.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Todays update will improve some stuff on earth as well as restore some vanilla content that was overwritten by CF (of course now in better quality).

It also will improve and fix 4 animations scripts.

The next upcoming update (probably sunday) will then get the work on Kusari assets finished.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• There are not going to be any updates on bases this week. (not enough time for that)

However, a few other important things.

About one year ago I fixed a shader related lighting issue on stations and during cut scenes. For some time meanwhile I noticed that this fix no longer worked.

Therefore I just released an update using a different method to render these scenes.

In my tests everything worked fine but if you have any issues pls report.

The reshade used in the dx10/11/12 option has been updated to the latest version. The version history shows that the version before has caused performance issues and sometimes crashes in other games. This might help with some of the problems reported lately (but no guarantee).

Furthermore I have started to take a look at the landing and launch scripts.

Essentially I have started to completely rewrite the landing scripts using vanilla FL templates. Ill focus on the landing scripts for now since to my knowledge only there crashed happened (correct me if I am wrong).

Since just alone the landing scripts will require me to rewrite ~15.000 lines of code this might take a few days.

For me it is easier to rewrite everything than to search for tiny bugs somewhere between all the lines.

The launch scripts have lower priority but might also get rewritten.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The last update to the shader system had the side effect that the FPS was locked to 60 for some reason.

Ive been working on a completely new implementation directly porting FL to the highest available shader version upto dx12 depending on hardware.

In my initial tests this solved the FPS issue by either completely unlocking the FPS or limiting it to the monitors refresh rate.

I want this to be tested prior releasing it to all players. If working an update can be released soon.

The work on the rewriting of the landing scripts is to ~80% done. If I can get the detail work done in the next days this update will be released this weekend.

Long term tests will show if all the work was worth the effort. I would need feedback if docking on stations still causes random crashes after the update got released.

The last weekend got me some feedback and also some insights of stuff that needs improvement.

As result idle base kicking on the server has been disabled completely. This setting no longer serves a positive purpose so its gone.

It is planned to have reputation changes for Arena to make the faction there 100% neutral to all factions (without exceptions). Restocking ammo should be possible all the time then.

Furthermore the one sided focus on specific lvl10 guns will mean that a rebalance of these guns has to be done.

Coal gatlings and warys seem to be everyones choice while all other weapons seem to be ignored. As result I have the intention to buff the other lvl10 guns in future. This will take a bit time and I actually would want to involve the community in this process. More about this later.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• There is an answer to my problems ty OP i had to update dx11 by force to my system that solved FPS drops but still locked to 60 i run win 11 and dx12 is native. It would be awesome if i can use dx12 in game ill provide feedback after this updates cheers

• this update just got released

• The FPS lock problem should be fixed with it.
    • Additionally to this CF now supports borderless window mode (set window mode in launcher options).
    • The all landing scripts got completely rewritten and the launch scripts also got an syntax verification. This hopefully will fix the rare and random crashes when docking.
    • A plugin error was fixed which at least in my case was able to cause crashes.
    • Multiple improvements to HUD and UI were introduced (just some small detail changes)
    • Fix to the texture lod issue on Manhattan bar
    • Fix to broken scripts which rendered 6 bars invisible
    • fixes to widescreen settings of certain stations
    • improvements to 9 previously done base interiors
    • the last 8 Rheinland base interiors got their visual updates

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• EDIT: All good. Singleplayer update was required due to the changed DLLs.

Would firewalling the launcher be enough in the future to keep my version as it is for singleplayer?
    I have bad Internet and don't like waiting.

OLD POST:

Hmm, ReShade doesn't seem to be working at all for me now. It worked yesterday. I did not update the game I just had the automatic launcher update happen.

Is there a way to get the old files?

I'm on Win7 x64 with older hardware that doesn't properly support anything newer. Maybe that is the reason.

2x Radeon HD5870
    Phenom II

Edited once, last by Joe Cool ().